-   Curio & Relic Gallery (
-   -   CZ-52 Space Gun ;) (

meaty-btz 07-09-2012 7:52 PM

CZ-52 Space Gun ;)
As promised, pictures!

meaty-btz 07-09-2012 7:53 PM

meaty-btz 07-09-2012 7:55 PM

The gun was very clean and the bore is just about as perfect as you could want. The firing pin channel was never cleaned of the cosmo so I set out and gave it a thorough reaming.. I mean cleaning and got it all out of there. Ended with a light coating of oil on the gun and mags. At some point will need to clean the mags as they have some residual cosmo in them but function well for now and I don't much feel like messing with them.

0321jarhead 07-09-2012 8:00 PM

That pistol looks as if it is brand new. WOW! Good job on the cosmo clean up. Where did you find that beauty?

meaty-btz 07-09-2012 8:12 PM

It was on consignment in the local gun store. Walked by and did a.. NO.. NO WAY! Bought it the day I cashed my paycheck.

The gun has definitely been fired. You can tell by the roller bearing marks on the frame. However the original guy this weapon was issued to must have given it incredible love. The barrel is serialized to match the frame so it is probably the original barrel. There is ZERO pitting and the bore is like a mirror, any dirt you see is from my firing it at the range. The firing pin shows no wear. I will still be replacing it with a new machined pin (breakage issues still a risk).

Finish is 98%, this beauty is a survivor. One mag is perfect the other shows some pitting so it was not part of this weapon's initial package because it's condition is so far inferior to the other mag, which matches the guns condition.

Over all $250 bucks. Not a bad deal at all.

0321jarhead 07-10-2012 10:27 AM

I applaud you on your purchase. You did well my brother gun lover. Now, you'll have to take it out for a test drive.

RMP91 07-12-2012 4:04 PM

JK VERY nice!

Those suckers are hard to find in CA unless you go to Gunbroker, and even then they won't sell to Californians! :pinch:

meaty-btz 07-13-2012 4:45 PM

I am getting better with this gun (and better with SA triggers, today was a good day)..

2x 8+1 for a total of 18 rounds, 21ft 1 flier, 17 on target.

I am actually, really, starting to love this gun. It's feel, the blazing muzzle concussion, the flying brass (two landed on my head today, lol, I am such a hot head). This weapon is far more accurate and precise than I am, but it could probably be a tack driver in the hands of someone with more skill.

RMP91 07-14-2012 2:16 PM

How did you lock open the slide when there's no slide catch?

meaty-btz 07-14-2012 2:49 PM

inset an empty mag and pull back and it will lock :)

RMP91 07-15-2012 4:02 PM

Originally Posted by meaty-btz (Post 8930030)
inset an empty mag and pull back and it will lock :)

I'm guessing this applies to PPK type guns as well?

I heard there's an aftermarket slide release you could find for the CZ52...

meaty-btz 07-15-2012 5:08 PM

Yeah but I am pretty hard set against altering arsenal condition. TBH the gun does not need a slide release and rigging one in just is meh.

It probably would work for a PPK type as well assuming they use the same catch mechanism.

Actually you can actuate it by hand, it is just awkward as hell, the bar is exposed on the outside of the gun and can be raised by hand if you are dexterous enough.

Gurney 07-25-2012 1:41 PM

Mine came from Turner's - even cleaner than yours, matching parts, very accurate.

I added the slide catch for convenience, and a Harrington firing pin for a better trigger pull (yes, the decocker issue - the decocker was broken when I bought it, anyway). I'm very happy with accuracy and the cartridge.

I'm contemplating adding the modern mag release per the plans on the CZ users' website, but it needs more time than I usually can spend on a project. If you practice enough, the heel release becomes quicker to use than it is at first, but still . . . anyway, it's my CZ and I like it.

BTW, if you want a good modern kydex holster and mag carriers for the CZ52, Spetzgear ( made a set for me. I recommend Walter's work most highly.

bruceflinch 07-26-2012 8:55 PM

Very Nice! Great find!

ColdDeadHands1 08-17-2012 9:01 PM

Thanks to this thread and a link someone provided in another CZ52 thread, I just ordered this!

Joe Register 09-09-2012 11:05 AM

Gurney 09-13-2012 2:31 PM

You will not regret it, CDH1.

Dreaded Claymore 09-13-2012 2:59 PM

Your next quest: find/make the accompanying shoulder stock/machete. :thumbsup:

meaty-btz 09-15-2012 5:51 PM

You won't regret it. Solid gun. I LOVE shooting mine. Reliable as all else. Accurate. I find the recoil soft.. I had a target some where else posted. Reasonably accurate for my shaking hands. The gun being far more precise than I.

A couple of things to note. The risk in this gun is having a weak/worn out recoil spring. This causes the chamber face to get whacked pretty damn hard with higher pressure ammo (you can tell if this is happening). Over time this can cause chamber failure. A nice stiff spring is a cheap investment to keep the gun running well. I replaced mine so I can shoot the harder Sellier & Beliot without banging as hard on the gun.

I also think CDH1 is about to get a "new favorite gun".

jigenax 06-03-2013 10:36 PM

I picked a 9mm version. They polished and blued it too. I'll post pics when I can.

johnthomas 08-11-2013 1:20 AM

A few years ago, JGsales had them, Buy 3 for 139 each. I ordered an amorer's kit for 125. it came with all kinds of stuff. I love mine. I also bought a cz82 and 2 nagant pistols from them. Congratulation on your cz.

Keep in mind I only paid 125. If your need anything fom the kit in a hurry, let me know, I can help you out. I have several firing pins so if you break one, don't fret. Do not dry fire the gun, use the decocker for that. Don't trust the decocker when the gun is loaded. Some surplus ammo is steel core, some ranges don't want us using it. I have a couple thousand rounds of it and a few hundred lead core I bought from JGsales. I use them because the shipping is cheap from AZ. I just checked, JG is out of all 7.62x25.

nick 08-11-2013 1:24 AM

If you're planning to shoot it often, get spare firing pins. They tend to break. Either that, or get a Harrington's.

meaty-btz 08-11-2013 8:15 PM

Originally Posted by jigenax (Post 11502688)
I picked a 9mm version. They polished and blued it too. I'll post pics when I can.

The 9mm ones tend to be jam-o-matics unless you got a rare "good" conversion barrel.