Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Northern California Chapters (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Time for some fun, Calguns event planners needed! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=574125)

bigcalidave 05-19-2012 12:09 PM

Time for some fun, Calguns event planners needed!

Let's make something fun happen. With all the drama and arguing happening these days, people are missing out on great opportunities to meet new people and have fun. I'm tired of it and it's time to change.

So many Calguns events have produced great results, fun for everyone who shows up, and regular training is good for any gun owner. Many of these meets happen down in So Cal, thanks mostly to a tremendous amount of work by Jacob (Pennys Dad).

I think we have enough active participants around the north state to put on some good shows, why not give it a try! I'm not Jacob though, so I need help.

What I'm looking for is 2-3 people in each geographic area (Sf bay, Sac, Redding, Humboldt, Fresno) that want to work together to put on a few regular or semi regular Calguns shooting events. These can start off as a Calguns meeting at the range, and hopefully develop into some of the big events they have so much fun with down south like the Tactical Turkey Shoot.

You need to be able to organize and promote these events, and as they develop into more specialized events we can make sure that they are posted, supported and equipped properly. There are a ton of vendors on Calguns, many of which are always looking for an opportunity to support the community. This could be with product or financial donations, or training classes at the shoots. I'll be working to promote these events with the vendors, I just need to see them started and get a schedule!

I'll provide as much support as possible to make this happen, you just have to let me know what is needed and when.

If you are interested, and this is a serious responsibility that I want dedicated people involved in, please contact me ASAP! It's going to be a nice long summer, why don't we all have some fun :)

You can post here, but please send me an EMAIL at bigcalidave@gmail.com to let me know who you are and what you want to do.

Thanks everyone!

NYRangerfan2 06-04-2012 4:24 PM

i may be able to help but it looks like noone is stepping up to the plate .....

jdberger 06-06-2012 12:12 AM

I'm in. Let me think of something. I recall some time back that Jacob challenged us Northerners to a Postal Shoot. I've never done one so I might need a little help. Combining that with the Independence Day Shoot-n-Q might just work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple K (Post 8672312)
I've volunteered quite a bit of time, money and vacation to Calguns.net events. I won't be volunteering any more until there is full disclosure by Kestryl.

Full disclosure of what?

El Gato 06-06-2012 10:59 PM

Ok...

MAYBE....

like...

rifle match....

5 standing
5 kneeling
5 squatting
5 sitting
5 prone

say... 2 minutes for 25 rounds...or like 60 seconds....
no sighters
and IPSC type cardboard targets....

targets set randomly between 75 and 125 meters per relay
then another round between 150 and 200 meters...same time frame...

participants draw shooting lane by randome number and have to shoot that target....

any rifle/any sight

only allow 2 minutes per relay due to folks who run BB instead of featureless...and/or bolt guns...

maybe an AR class, AK Class, C&R class...

maybe get the local gunshops to sponser some prizes...

maybe a coupla C&R type guns...nothing fancy..maybe a mosin or three...

Oh...and no spotting scopes...and no shooting pads...shoot from the rocks/diirt/weeds whatever # you draw....

scoring...ummm....have to think about that...

at 5 Dogs Range....

then after the match retire to the 500 meter range for some bumpfiretango or something...Hmmmmm

Powers Firearms Training is our Corp...so we could maybe...like host or somethihg

s

pennys dad 06-07-2012 5:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdberger (Post 8708639)
I'm in. Let me think of something. I recall some time back that Jacob challenged us Northerners to a Postal Shoot. I've never done one so I might need a little help. Combining that with the Independence Day Shoot-n-Q might just work.

I didnt know San Fransicans could shoot :43:

ptroxx 06-07-2012 5:25 PM

We have a non official montly get together here in the sonoma area...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=552157
we have had 3 so far.
and we have been working on doing more than just meeting for dinner.
We are working on a Cow Mountain meet to shoot and bbq and a little clean up soon.
I do a lot of events for my car group. If I can help let me know.

pennys dad 06-08-2012 10:51 PM

So we doing a Postal Challenge Shoot for the 4th of July?

Do we need a formal challenge? How do we get this going?