Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Palmetto State Armory (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Extremely disappointed with PSA, loyal customer lost (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=564564)

baltik 04-25-2012 7:44 AM

Extremely disappointed with PSA, loyal customer lost
 
Just received my midlength hammer forged lightweight complete upper in the mail yesterday only to realize they dropped the price by $50 prior to me receiving it.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

Gave them a call this morning, I have ordered pretty much 100% of all my ammo and guns from them over the last year, $2k+ worth of purchases including my springfield XD and a bunch of AR parts. The woman on the phone was nice but refused to do a full or partial credit because the upper did not come with a BCG or charging handle. To which my obvious response was - neither did my full price purchase.. I paid extra for the BCG and handle not sure how that disqualifies me.. Either way even though the part went on sale prior to me actually receiving it PSA was not willing to budge. Again I recognize that they are not obligated to honor the new price - that said I do think it's bad business to not reward a loyal customer given the original order was still being processed.

end of rant

frankm 04-25-2012 8:11 AM

Still get more bang for the buck from them. I wouldn't sweat 50 bucks. And I certainly wouldn't let me stop from buying from them.

fighterpilot562 04-25-2012 9:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankm (Post 8465970)
Still get more bang for the buck from them. I wouldn't sweat 50 bucks. And I certainly wouldn't let me stop from buying from them.

+1.

Akers 04-25-2012 9:30 AM

I tend to say I am done with them on a montly basis, mainly becuase of their CS. But then I go other places and get worse service and realize it is just how people are these days.

Stick it out, they are still good products for the money. Hopefully as they grow they will get better.

PSA, please take a page out of Primary Arms book. I spend nearly a grand a month on guns, ammo and parts and would gladly give it all to you if..

PSA would actually answer their phones or return voicemails.
PSA would have items in stock.

Still love you guys though!

baltik 04-25-2012 9:48 AM

Yeah maybe the reality of the gun retailing landscape. That said it's not going to be a sellers market forever, and when the tide turns companies that were good to their customer through the lean years will benefit..

d4v0s 04-25-2012 1:11 PM

Im sorry but, this whole price matching bs is out of control. If your buying guns and $50 puts you over the edge to where you swear off a company all together... You may need a cheaper hobby.

Just put yourself in a business persons shoes, the market fluctuates and sometimes it stinks to buy in too early. In all honesty this is no different then the entitled *****s in the occupy movement. Knock it off and act like a man.

RazzB7 04-25-2012 1:31 PM

If the price was acceptable when you bought it, why is it unacceptable now?

choprzrul 04-25-2012 1:42 PM

Just buy a second upper and then average the 2.

tradecraft 04-25-2012 1:45 PM

You made a reasonable request to PSA but are really overreacting to their response.

baltik 04-25-2012 2:20 PM

Umm i think i was pretty clear in my initial posting, If i purchase a product and it drops in price down the line for whatever market reasons - that's supply and demand I dont and have never taken issue with that. But given the price drop occurred prior to me actually taking possession - that changes things significantly. I mean think about this in a brick and mortar situation. You purchase an item which is out of stock, go back to pick it up in 2 weeks and they are prominently featuring the very same item at a discount. You politely ask them for the price they are offering to everybody else and they present you with a nonsensical reason why they wont. Regardless if the price difference was $10 or $1,000 would you patronize this store again? Again not crying over $50 but I think my point was reasonable and the vendors response wasn't. As far as the occupy movement reference-that's quite a leap of logic... a grand canyon's worth.

Dutch Schultz 04-25-2012 7:49 PM

I understand what you're saying and I do think you have a point, but in my mind when a deal is made that's the deal period. You knew or should have known in advance the time frame in which you'd receive your purchase. "A deal is a deal, even with a dirty dealer."

(To be clear I am not calling PSA a dirty dealer by any means, in fact I've been a very happy customer. And have nothing but good things to say.)

clutchy 04-28-2012 9:15 PM

I find this whole phenomenon of NO MORE!!! tiring.

so disappointed...
lost a loyal customer....

I don't know if it's just in the gun community or i'm just exposed to it more but seriously I think we're all just a little too sensitive.

DinoPJR 04-28-2012 10:18 PM

There ammo is a ripoff.

Peter.Steele 04-29-2012 9:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoPJR (Post 8488308)
There ammo is a ripoff.


You're kidding, right? Go buy ammo at Walmart or Big 5, then come back and tell me that.

m03 05-01-2012 8:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoPJR (Post 8488308)
There ammo is a ripoff.

LOL, yeah right. They're damn near the cheapest option for much of the ammo that they carry.

Black Majik 05-01-2012 9:52 AM

Darn, they didn't honor their new price. I can recommend you order from Botach Tactical next. They'll definitely treat you right.

Lives_In_Fresno 05-01-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4v0s (Post 8467702)
Im sorry but, this whole price matching bs is out of control. If your buying guns and $50 puts you over the edge to where you swear off a company all together... You may need a cheaper hobby.

Just put yourself in a business persons shoes, the market fluctuates and sometimes it stinks to buy in too early. In all honesty this is no different then the entitled *****s in the occupy movement. Knock it off and act like a man.

The guy wants value for his money, and you equate him with the occupy movement and tell him to suck it up "like a man".

If you want to pay more, that is your business. I guarantee that there is nothing manly about wanting to do so.

newglockster 05-01-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazzB7 (Post 8467808)
If the price was acceptable when you bought it, why is it unacceptable now?

This!

bombadillo 05-01-2012 11:02 AM

Just bought a rifle kit, PSA lower, moe trigger guard, MBUS rear sight and a bunch of smallower parts to restock my supply from helping others. They rock as a company and I just asked for the "patrol rifle kit" and they refused but I expected it honestly. They have killer deals and fantastic, although slow shipping times.

DiogiDoc 05-04-2012 10:23 AM

"Just received my midlength hammer forged lightweight complete upper in the mail yesterday only to realize they dropped the price by $50 prior to me receiving it."

Was the item backordered or was the price dropped after it was shipped but before you recieved it? I think that would make a difference to me. Also if they ordered it specifically for you as opposed to making a bulk order and placing it on sale (thus risking thier own capital in hopes some will buy) would also make a difference to me.

That being said everyone wants the cheapest price and the best customer service. All the expensive places with great customer service are going out of business because all the "loyal" customers want the cheapest price.

Sicarius 05-04-2012 11:20 AM

If the same logic was applied, what would happen if a product goes up in price overnight?
Kevin

longv 05-04-2012 12:13 PM

the ones on sale have no logo on them so there might be other differences also. so its not exactly the same item you bought that had a price drop

DiogiDoc 05-05-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longv (Post 8520378)
the ones on sale have no logo on them so there might be other differences also. so its not exactly the same item you bought that had a price drop

Nice pick up. Went to their site and the upper he ordered is still for sale at the $399 price (with logo) and the non-logo for $349 sale. In addition there is a 15 day lead time to make all the uppers. So he could not get the new sale item shipped for at least 15 more days. Lastly, the carrier bolt group is out of stock by itself and is not offered as an upgrade with the $349 upper. The CBG is however only available if you purchase the $399 upper and upgrade it like he did.

While he feels misled, it appears PSA is still selling the upper he ordered. They did not change the price.

After investigating this, my opinion is the harsh criticism is not fair. In fact, I might buy a rifle kit from PSA after seeing their site. Thanks for the referral.

firebert 05-07-2012 9:55 PM

How much did you pay for your BCG when you added it as an option? IIRC PSA sell that item for $120 if purchased alone and $80 if added to a upper (Though they changed it to $100 when added to a upper recently).

I haven't ordered anything from them. Was planning on buying a upper but they couldn't configure it to the way I wanted so I took my business elsewhere. Though they are prompt with answering my enquirys

jonzer77 05-14-2012 8:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baltik (Post 8468106)
Umm i think i was pretty clear in my initial posting, If i purchase a product and it drops in price down the line for whatever market reasons - that's supply and demand I dont and have never taken issue with that. But given the price drop occurred prior to me actually taking possession - that changes things significantly. I mean think about this in a brick and mortar situation. You purchase an item which is out of stock, go back to pick it up in 2 weeks and they are prominently featuring the very same item at a discount. You politely ask them for the price they are offering to everybody else and they present you with a nonsensical reason why they wont. Regardless if the price difference was $10 or $1,000 would you patronize this store again? Again not crying over $50 but I think my point was reasonable and the vendors response wasn't. As far as the occupy movement reference-that's quite a leap of logic... a grand canyon's worth.

Somebody call the wambulance. Like others have said, if it was the right price when you bought it, then get over it.

Josh3239 05-14-2012 10:07 AM

Return it and buy it again? I guess not that loyal.

4Defense 08-04-2012 7:53 PM

It's funny to see these threats all the time on different forums.

over the last year, $2k+ worth
that said I do think it's bad business to not reward a loyal customer
Extremely disappointed with PSA, loyal customer lost

OK. -1 . I think they still have about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 customers left. They can loose a few more. Ya think they will loose any sleep over it?:rofl2:

angrypeccary 08-05-2012 7:21 PM

op is a cheapskate and probably does not leave any tips when eating out

new1911 08-22-2012 8:48 AM

i can't complain. ordered ammo over the summer while they had their free shipping offer and received the wrong ammo. quick email and received the correct item a few days later and got to keep the wrong ammo for the trouble. lower build kit took a while to ship but you won't find a deal as superb as the moe acs-l lpk. can't wait for the 16" mid on sale couple days ago to arrive. i will definitely be back for more firearm goodies.

njineermike 08-22-2012 8:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicarius (Post 8520024)
If the same logic was applied, what would happen if a product goes up in price overnight?
Kevin

This.

dctex99 08-22-2012 8:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Defense (Post 9065978)
It's funny to see these threats all the time on different forums.

over the last year, $2k+ worth
that said I do think it's bad business to not reward a loyal customer
Extremely disappointed with PSA, loyal customer lost

OK. -1 . I think they still have about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 customers left. They can loose a few more. Ya think they will loose any sleep over it?:rofl2:

That is what Black and Decker said a few years ago......now they are bankrupt and owned by Stanley!!

chrisout 08-23-2012 8:23 AM

http://www.bbb.org/columbia/business...ia-sc-34084856

Quote:

Originally Posted by dctex99 (Post 9180217)
That is what Black and Decker said a few years ago......now they are bankrupt and owned by Stanley!!


RazzB7 08-23-2012 8:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Defense (Post 9065978)
It's funny to see these threats all the time on different forums.

over the last year, $2k+ worth
that said I do think it's bad business to not reward a loyal customer
Extremely disappointed with PSA, loyal customer lost

OK. -1 . I think they still have about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 customers left. They can loose a few more. Ya think they will loose any sleep over it?:rofl2:

Do you know how a business goes under?

One customer at a time.

bombadillo 08-23-2012 3:56 PM

I had a problem with something, and I got over it. Something not too far off from this actually, but you know what, I bucked up and looked in the mirror and said that they're the best company in the business for the money. Where else can you find an FN barreled upper that is up to mil-spec, with a high quality BCG and built to your specs for $450. NOWHERE. Just cut your losses and call it a day because you won't find the quality anywhere else. They are a great company to deal with 99.9% of the time and have their problems from time to time, but they ARE solid. Take a look at BCM or other people, and compare prices. You won't find a better upper for the price.

LMTluvr 08-24-2012 4:30 PM

PSA is hands down one of the best websites out there. They're prices are fantastic and prior to everybody eagerly disseminating they're info they alway(s) has plenty in stock. Theyre firearm parts are high quality, shipping is fast and I don't worry too much about trying to get them on the phone. That does kinda stink but try not to let it stray you away from them completely. The money you save buying from them Vrs. Some of the (on par with extortion )prices the other online vendors are asking will make up that 50 in no time.

SKSer 08-24-2012 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicarius (Post 8520024)
If the same logic was applied, what would happen if a product goes up in price overnight?
Kevin

this completely, if the price went up after they shipped and charged you an extra $50.00 you would no doubt be livid, and would probably be saying far worse about them, it has to be the same logic you know. It just sounds like bad timing you know. Also if they do that for you, they would have to do it for everyone, and then they would never be able to modify their prices without stopping ordering for their max amount of time it takes to ship to anyone.

4Defense 08-25-2012 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazzB7 (Post 9187012)
Do you know how a business goes under?

One customer at a time.



No businesses will last forever. Do you know that?

It's just a matter of how long they stay in existence.

In PSA's case, they will be around for long time before they go under.

So suit yourself. Put your money where your mouth is and don't ever spend dime with PSA.

Yerman 08-26-2012 2:51 PM

I'll gladly pay for for the same product elsewhere if the CS is better. It's not always about price.

They wouldn't even let me add items to my order (give them MORE money) without canceling my order and paying a 10% restocking fee. I will also be taking my money elsewhere. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=612382

OP, you have every right to be upset.

roushstage2 08-26-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yerman (Post 9207433)
I'll gladly pay for for the same product elsewhere if the CS is better. It's not always about price.

They wouldn't even let me add items to my order (give them MORE money) without canceling my order and paying a 10% restocking fee. I will also be taking my money elsewhere. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=612382

OP, you have every right to be upset.

Two completely different things. The OP wanted $50 back because a sale started after he placed his order.

jonzer77 08-27-2012 9:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roushstage2 (Post 9209952)
Two completely different things. The OP wanted $50 back because a sale started after he placed his order.

Yup, OP just wants to complain.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.