Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Young Calgunners (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Hello, Im 19 and just got my HSC. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=559150)

Sbasham 04-11-2012 5:39 PM

Hello, Im 19 and just got my HSC.

Now Im waiting til next Thursday for my mom to pick up my G19 and then start the transfer process. :D

First gun store I went to (J&G, Granite Bay,Ca) . They said that "You have to be 21 to take the test and own a handgun." I told them that in order to buy you have be 21 but not to possess one. I also tried to show them the Penal codes for taking the HSC but they wouldn't listen. So I left and went to the store in town.

Anyway. I passed so I'm happy.

tradecraft 04-11-2012 5:41 PM

Congrats and welcome - great choice on the G19. Failing the HSC would have been a feat in itself.

Sbasham 04-11-2012 5:56 PM

Thank you.
The questions are common sense.

Yeah I was choosing between, a 26, (Mom has one) or a 19, (Dad has one) I like them both. But I wanted a bigger one. So I chose 19 and later I can always get a 26. Glocks are definitely quality guns. Plus, when the calendar opens up, Im going to make an appointment for my CCW :D

Oh. Since my father has a G19 and has a CCW, and I am going to be owning a G19. Whats the best way to make sure that he doesn't carry mine accident, other then checking the Serial?

CRACKERJACK 04-11-2012 8:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottschoe (Post 8386445)
Failing the HSC would have been a feat in itself.

X2
When I got mine (100%), there was another guy that got his. He answered a question saying that everyone is allowed to carry around a handgun no restrictions. When the worker told him he was wrong, he told the worker that no, he was wrong. The worker was filling out his HSC before mine, so I had to sit there as the worker went over the law with him, but the man refused to believe him. After the worker told him everything (pretty sure they're not even required to go into as much detail as this guy did) the guy still just kept saying yea, yea, believe what ever you want. Somehow this man passed though and walked out with his newly acquired HSC.

Colt-45 04-11-2012 8:52 PM

Congratulations on the cool mom. My dad did that a few times but my mom would never do that.:thumbsup:

Sbasham 04-11-2012 9:03 PM

Well they both agreed to buy me one but I just had my mom put it in her name because my dad works out of town and I didn't want to wait for him to come back home to go and get it. Because I already have to wait 10 days, which is hard enough :P

Turo 04-11-2012 10:18 PM

Nice! That's how I got my first .22lr pistol. Good luck with the Glock, they're awesome guns!

Bobby Hated 04-12-2012 4:38 AM

congratulations son! and kudos to mom and dad too!

GMG 04-12-2012 10:45 AM

Congrats and welcome aboard !

JayTee_IsMe 04-12-2012 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbasham (Post 8386549)
...Whats the best way to make sure that he doesn't carry mine accident, other then checking the Serial?

Change out your slide cover plate. :cool2:
http://www.ipscscott.com/images/FSN/...de_plates2.jpg

Sbasham 04-15-2012 12:28 PM

Im so ready to go shoot it. I have 510 rounds ready and waiting :D 410 of which are reloads.

G-Solutions 04-15-2012 5:50 PM

Congratulations to your new purchase.

I recommend getting the appropriate shirts for your family:
http://juggernaut-graphics.com/image...thatshoots.jpg

In all seriousness - great to see a family that shares a common weapon platform.
Make sure to invest into quality training in case you have not already done so.

mosinnagantm9130 04-15-2012 10:26 PM

Huh, I've never had any troubles at J&G before. They're definitely the old timey store in the area though, so it doesn't exactly surprise me they aren't up to date on HSC laws for those under 21...

Sbasham 04-16-2012 9:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Solutions (Post 8410740)
Congratulations to your new purchase.

I recommend getting the appropriate shirts for your family:

In all seriousness - great to see a family that shares a common weapon platform.
Make sure to invest into quality training in case you have not already done so.

My dad has a note book he got when he took a class with James Yeager I'm gonna read it through. And then when I get enough money ill probably take his class.

Abazaba23 12-04-2012 2:07 PM

My father wants to pass on his S&W .357 to me, and I'm 19. How did you go about doing this and did you reach any snags?

The problem with myself might be the fact that we don't know the history of the gun. He was selling a car, and the buyer was a little short and offered him the handgun ontop of the cash. From what I know it wasn't a sketchy guy or anything, and my father hasn't had any contact with him for decade(s). My father never tried registering it or anything. Another issue might be the fact that he doesn't live with me.. Sorry for all the questions, but I thought this might be the best place to ask. Thanks! :)

Oh,, and I'm sorry for reviving a dead thread :O

Sunday 12-04-2012 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbasham (Post 8386435)
Now Im waiting til next Thursday for my mom to pick up my G19 and then start the transfer process. :D

First gun store I went to (J&G, Granite Bay,Ca) . They said that "You have to be 21 to take the test and own a handgun." I told them that in order to buy you have be 21 but not to possess one. I also tried to show them the Penal codes for taking the HSC but they wouldn't listen. So I left and went to the store in town.

Anyway. I passed so I'm happy.

Seems at least 50% in the information we receive from the gun shop is B.S!!! you are way ahead of the game.