Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Range Cleanups (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   FRESNO: National forest sight clean up 4-28-12 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=550170)

FresnoCNC 03-20-2012 11:55 AM

FRESNO: National forest sight clean up 4-28-12
 
Well after spending some time up at the bass lake range, Ive noticed the area has been neglected over some time. Most of the area is shells and casing, glass from people shooting bottles, some old records, metal pieces from various targets. I was approached last week by a gentleman who proposed the idea about having a range clean up. We have thrown some ideas around and some dates and other various things. I have wondered about the locals that shoot there, I don't want to step on someones toes, but I have no idea what to do about the locals that are up there shooting when we are planning on cleaning, Anyone have any ideas? We have decided to make it a clean up, which wont take much time, following have a few targets set up to shoot and Ill be bringing up a BBQ. WHATS BETTER THAN HAVING A CLEAN AREA TO SHOOT AND A BBQ?!?!?

DATE: April 28th, 2012

WHERE: Bass Lake shooting range

http://m.google.com/u/m/xMCtDX

TIME: 1300

I would like to get input on my ideas, and also a head count. It might be a bring your own meat to BBQ or if we have some people that wouldn't mind donating to the event. I will be bringing up a few 55 gallon drums to haul trash, some rakes, and a Costco size roll of trash bags.


People Going and what they are bringing:

1. Lives In Fresno
2. Peopleofthesun- Tri-Tip
3. HOESAYE559
4. Blackandredwarrior
5. Adam B.
6. gsrious
7. 10RNDr- Tri-Tip
8. Couchisland.com- Hot links

icenix 03-20-2012 6:17 PM

I didn't even know there was a place to shoot up there.....then again, I usually go to Shaver and not Bass Lake.

Lives_In_Fresno 03-21-2012 8:49 AM

I'll likely be there. If it turns out that funds are needed, for trash bags, food, whatever, consider me committed for help in that corner also.

I will likely leave Fresno at a time that might put me there by Noon or so, and can take one or two more people, if peeps let me know ahead of time that they would like a ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenix (Post 8255225)
I didn't even know there was a place to shoot up there.....then again, I usually go to Shaver and not Bass Lake.

You shoot at Shaver lake? Where, exactly?

icenix 03-21-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lives_In_Fresno (Post 8258300)
I'll likely be there. If it turns out that funds are needed, for trash bags, food, whatever, consider me committed for help in that corner also.

I will likely leave Fresno at a time that might put me there by Noon or so, and can take one or two more people, if peeps let me know ahead of time that they would like a ride.



You shoot at Shaver lake? Where, exactly?

I already talked to you via private message, but I will post for others. I don't shoot at Shaver. I just meant that since I go to Shaver and not Bass lake, that is why I didn't know there was a place to shoot at Bass Lake.

FresnoCNC 03-21-2012 2:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenix (Post 8259539)
I already talked to you via private message, but I will post for others. I don't shoot at Shaver. I just meant that since I go to Shaver and not Bass lake, that is why I didn't know there was a place to shoot at Bass Lake.

I like shaver, but bass lake has an open area to shoot and it's nice so I like it up there more. Just needs to be cleaned like noted above. If you have time feel free to join us up there.

mif_slim 03-21-2012 2:55 PM

Throw this idea to the South Central Section. Last time it went pretty good there. As we started to setup a date to clean that place up another group of youths done the job already. Im sure the rest of the folks in the Fresno area would help.

FresnoCNC 03-22-2012 9:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mif_slim (Post 8260370)
Throw this idea to the South Central Section. Last time it went pretty good there. As we started to setup a date to clean that place up another group of youths done the job already. Im sure the rest of the folks in the Fresno area would help.

It wouldn't let me post in there

Lives_In_Fresno 03-23-2012 5:17 PM

Shameless bump, hoping that more people will chime in here and commit to coming.

peopleofthesun 03-23-2012 9:19 PM

Count me in. I started a thread in the Central Valley Social Group section here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/g...scussionid=271

I hope you don't mind.

HOESAYE559 03-23-2012 10:03 PM

So you guys are going to the spot a lil bit before bass lake? If so I'm more the. Down to go and help out and BBQ! Mite need a ride my car is way too low to clear anything lol

peopleofthesun 03-23-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOESAYE559 (Post 8274642)
So you guys are going to the spot a lil bit before bass lake? If so I'm more the. Down to go and help out and BBQ! Mite need a ride my car is way too low to clear anything lol

I'll probably be bringing a truck so I might be able to give you a ride from Oakhurst.

blackandredwarrior 03-24-2012 12:34 AM

I'll throw my hat in. I've never shot up there but have had my eye on it. I assume a 2WD full size truck can get in and out ok?

peopleofthesun 03-24-2012 1:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackandredwarrior (Post 8275243)
I'll throw my hat in. I've never shot up there but have had my eye on it. I assume a 2WD full size truck can get in and out ok?

Yeah once the snow melts and the mud dries up.

FresnoCNC 03-24-2012 8:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleofthesun (Post 8275351)
Yeah once the snow melts and the mud dries up.

No snow. No mud. Was up there with another member up there today. Such an amazing place to go and shoot for free. Anyone who is available to take some trash home, let me know. I am trying to get everything organized before hand, so we don't get more trash than we can haul.

FresnoCNC 03-24-2012 8:13 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d1f-b74a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d33-a7ed.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d48-1692.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d55-66b0.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d61-89d1.jpg


Here are some photos of the site.

Cypriss32 03-24-2012 8:20 PM

Pm me, Ill swing up. Have a fullsize truck and jeep if needed.

peopleofthesun 03-24-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeEstep (Post 8279114)
No snow. No mud. Was up there with another member up there today. Such an amazing place to go and shoot for free. Anyone who is available to take some trash home, let me know. I am trying to get everything organized before hand, so we don't get more trash than we can haul.

Thanks for the update. I go there several times a year with my brothers. We always comeback with more than we brought. I'm totally in for a shoot-clean-que. I can bring a crew cab pick-up.

FresnoCNC 03-24-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleofthesun (Post 8280135)
Thanks for the update. I go there several times a year with my brothers. We always comeback with more than we brought. I'm totally in for a shoot-clean-que. I can bring a crew cab pick-up.

Awesome! I'm thinking burgers and dogs. Unless people want to start pitching in or everyone bring up a slab of tri tip and I'll supply the buns and sauce and pilaf.

peopleofthesun 03-25-2012 12:11 AM

Burgers and dogs sounds good. I can bring a couple already bbqed tri tips too.

gsrious 03-25-2012 5:58 AM

I've never been to the spot, but I can see if I'm free that day to help out

10RNDr 03-25-2012 11:17 AM

Never been there, but have hunted in the past up on Beasore road. Will try to make it if I don't have any other commitments. Will bring up a tri-tip if I go. Can someone give more specific directions or is there signs on road 222?

peopleofthesun 03-25-2012 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10RNDr (Post 8282030)
Never been there, but have hunted in the past up on Beasore road. Will try to make it if I don't have any other commitments. Will bring up a tri-tip if I go. Can someone give more specific directions or is there signs on road 222?

That would be awesome. The way I remember it is the entrance is right after the second National Forest sign you pass.

CouchIsland.com 03-25-2012 6:24 PM

This is awesome coincidence. I'm visiting my pops in Fresno in April and he wanted to do some outdoor shooting. I might end up there before the 'Q so I'll try to put a dent in the trash to help, otherwise I'll bring some hot links.

FresnoCNC 03-25-2012 9:17 PM

Awesome. Anyone who wants to contribute food pm me so I can know what to bring and what to not bring.

FIREBALL_BRIAN 03-27-2012 5:53 PM

Will attempt to do my part.

mbaerg 03-28-2012 12:29 AM

I'D come if you guys bumped the date back a couple days!! I'm at school down south until the 30th.... :(

dalriaden 03-28-2012 1:31 AM

I'll try to, but could be on call/working :/

Blackhawk556 03-28-2012 3:18 PM

I'm going to try and switch with someone at work. I usually work Saturdays but if everything works out, I'll be there.

mbaerg 03-28-2012 7:15 PM

oh ahaha its in APRIL.. not March... I wont be here anyways :(

peopleofthesun 03-28-2012 8:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk556 (Post 8302312)
I'm going to try and switch with someone at work. I usually work Saturdays but if everything works out, I'll be there.

That would be cool man. I'm bringing both 9mm and .40 Berettas.

FresnoCNC 03-28-2012 9:21 PM

Things Needed:

Sandwich buns- MikeEstep
Trash bags- MikeEstep
Drinks-peopleofthesun
Condiments-
Paper Plates- MikeEstep
Napkins-MikeEstep
Table- FresnoFox?

Ill be bringing 2 rakes

fresnofox 03-28-2012 9:34 PM

If I don't have to work I will come. I can bring tables and bring trash back have a pick up so no problem and I have places to dump the trash

FresnoCNC 03-28-2012 9:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fresnofox (Post 8304802)
If I don't have to work I will come. I can bring tables and bring trash back have a pick up so no problem and I have places to dump the trash

Okay, Let me know when the time gets closer so I know if I need to find another table or not.

peopleofthesun 03-28-2012 10:20 PM

I can bring 2 folding tables and some iced water bottles/gatorades. Also a couple rakes and trash bags.

FresnoCNC 03-28-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleofthesun (Post 8305097)
I can bring 2 folding tables and some iced water bottles/gatorades. Also a couple rakes and trash bags.

Thank you for stepping up with donations.

jbilling85 03-29-2012 7:46 PM

+1 I can bring munchies, Soda, what have you.
Msg me for my number if ya don't have it.

FIREBALL_BRIAN 04-02-2012 8:08 PM

i can bring a cook. I wont tell her untill we get there.... shh

FresnoCNC 04-02-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbilling85 (Post 8310122)
+1 I can bring munchies, Soda, what have you.
Msg me for my number if ya don't have it.

Thanks John. Sodas sounds good

FresnoCNC 04-02-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREBALL_BRIAN (Post 8333284)
i can bring a cook. I wont tell her untill we get there.... shh

We already got one. She's always more than welcome though Brian!

HOESAYE559 04-03-2012 5:57 PM

Where going to have a nice lil group going! Sweet well I can drive up to oakhurst but going to need a ride to the site where where shooting. May be me +1 and put me down for condiments or anything else that someone isn't bringing.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.