Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Range Cleanups (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Possible Bakersfield Clean Up / Meet n Greet Party (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=522581)

Yehosha 01-13-2012 11:43 AM

Possible Bakersfield Clean Up / Meet n Greet Party

I've been getting into guns more heavily lately, enough to where I found my own place to shoot instead of just going to 5 dogs once or twice a year. The place I found is in the Sequoia National Forest and is 100% legal to shot at. I've been there three times and always take home a full trash bag full of stuff more than I brought in. The place isn't super dirty, but I was thinking it would be fun to get some of us together to shoot and clean the place up and get to get to put a face with some of the names I've been seeing around here. If anyone is interested let me know and we can pick a date/time and I can give you directions to the spot (it's very easy to find if given decent directions.) So, anyone up for this?

Yehosha 01-13-2012 11:44 AM

Don't know why I put party in the title, but I guess we could eat cake and wear funny hats if you want to. :facepalm:

Reilandlaw 01-13-2012 11:52 AM

I'm game - depending on when.

Bill

Cyrical 01-13-2012 1:34 PM

Cool

Yeah just shoot me a PM, Maybe I can get my dad and I to go shooting and clean up in his jeep.

Desert_Rat 01-13-2012 5:49 PM

I'm down.

The third Saturdays of the month are out for me due to prior commitments.
Also, next week is out because I'll be at SHOT.

Looks like 4 so far plus however many the four bring along. Me, I'll bring my wife and two High school age kids.

DoubleB 01-13-2012 6:25 PM

I would love to meet up with some of you, do some shooting, and fill up my truck with some trash. I only have prior commitments for the weekend of the 27. Keep us posted.

Fjold 01-13-2012 6:51 PM

I know a few people here but I'm always in for stuff like this. I have a rake and a pick up truck.

The only issues that I have are that Jan 29th - Feb 3rd, I'm in Boston and Feb 7th - Feb 15th, I'm in New Zealand.

Toyz 01-13-2012 7:18 PM

Let me know I would like to participate. Thanks

Slim/// 01-14-2012 2:54 AM

I'm interested. I don't have a truck to haul anything away but am more than willing to lend a hand cleaning up.

Poke_Monster 01-14-2012 9:18 AM

I am willing to help, I have a truck. Just let me know :)-

cudakidd 01-14-2012 9:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yehosha (Post 7838432)
I've been getting into guns more heavily lately, enough to where I found my own place to shoot instead of just going to 5 dogs once or twice a year. The place I found is in the Sequoia National Forest and is 100% legal to shot at. I've been there three times and always take home a full trash bag full of stuff more than I brought in. The place isn't super dirty, but I was thinking it would be fun to get some of us together to shoot and clean the place up and get to get to put a face with some of the names I've been seeing around here. If anyone is interested let me know and we can pick a date/time and I can give you directions to the spot (it's very easy to find if given decent directions.) So, anyone up for this?

Just curious, why don't you just shoot at 5 dogs?

Other driving off in the Mountains for random plinking, $10.00 to shoot all day in more comfortabloe surroundings is a no brainer for me.

Plus they have garbage cans!;)

bigb0886 01-14-2012 10:13 PM

I am interested, depending on time/place/availability/etc. I don't have a truck but I'd be more than happy to help pick up trash and carry back what I could.

skyscraper 01-19-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cudakidd (Post 7843598)
Just curious, why don't you just shoot at 5 dogs?

Other driving off in the Mountains for random plinking, $10.00 to shoot all day in more comfortabloe surroundings is a no brainer for me.

Plus they have garbage cans!;)

Do they let you run shooting drills there? I didnt think that was ok. It's nice to make your own rules (safely of course) out in the open when you are shooting with responsible shooters. I made my own baseplates and like to take them to BLM land and shoot them without having to wait for line breaks and stuff like that. If Im just shooting trap or something like that I will usually go to 5 dogs.

OP-Let me know when this shoot is. Thanks

weaponxgfs 01-21-2012 6:28 PM

I live in central cali also. Just wondering where in the sequoia forest you're talking about. Is it camp nelson area? You can also PM me the location if you don't want to post it up.

Yehosha 01-22-2012 6:52 PM

Due to way more interest than I thought I'd get, and the shooting spot I had in mind not being very large, I'm gonna cancel this.

I'd still be interested in meeting up at 5 Dogs if anyone was interested.

Also if you'd like directions to the shooting spot, send me a PM and I'll give them to you.

Fjold 01-22-2012 8:23 PM

One thing that you have to remember is that less than 1/2 of the people who express interest will actually show up.

Poke_Monster 01-23-2012 11:07 AM

I'm still good to go if it happens, just post the day and I will be there.

Thanks

E Pluribus Unum 02-01-2012 12:28 PM

5 dogs requires a basic membership ($20 per year) and $10 for each person that attends. If 10 of us go, that's $100.00.

You can up it to $175 per year and not pay the $10 per visit, but then each of your guests have to pay $10.00.

I'd rather drive a little farther and make a small camping trip out of it; there are lots of places to go that are within an hour drive. If it's just a quickie, there is BLM land just as close as 5 dogs.

Don't get me wrong... when I am sighting in a rifle at extreme distances, 5 dogs is an awesome place to go, and they have their expenses to cover... but for my money, on a simple meet and greet, and shoot... "we don't need no stinkin ranges... " ;)

.22guy 02-01-2012 1:21 PM

Don't cancel it, just go for it. It's a great idea, and I'd like to attend. I have a truck and trash bags!

bomb_on_bus 02-13-2012 8:43 PM

Any new news about this clean up/ meet and greet. I'm always down for meeting up some Calgunners, shooting the breeze and targets and what not.

Also have rake, shovel, truck, and can bring some snack foods as well.

Slim/// 02-13-2012 9:11 PM

I'm still down for this!

bomb_on_bus 02-14-2012 7:01 PM

Im in for sure. Im off saturdays through mondays and can pretty much make it out any weekend so I'm game for who ever else wants to go.

MixedMotives 03-03-2012 4:32 PM

So is this dead in the water?

Slim/// 03-04-2012 1:55 PM

Sounds like it. Shame