Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Young Calgunners (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Greetings from a gun noob (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=519395)

thefirebirdzox 01-05-2012 4:55 PM

Greetings from a gun noob
 
An NG, so to speak... Thefirebirdzox.

I'm 14. Never ever fired a real live gun, but my bro and friends have. I got interested in guns around September/October of 11. Some guns I want are a Ruger Gp-100, model KGP-141, 6 inch barrel. A Beretta M92. USP. AR-15 (cali legal of course, ha). M1A with Zeiss Scope. M1 Garand. Springfield.

I hate them silencer prohibitions and mag limits. Fine with everything else.

That's it really.

Bert Gamble 01-05-2012 9:37 PM

Welcome

GRmilitia88 01-06-2012 3:36 PM

In the world of firearms they are considered suppressors because they don't actually silence the sound, they just suppress them. Though a suppressed .22 firing subsonic ammunition is quiet as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZWRU3jsZIg

If you want a suppressor, or pretty much any other "evil" firearm feature, I'd suggest moving to Arizona or another free state!

thefirebirdzox 01-07-2012 5:08 PM

I would like to get out of here, but this is home. Are we here trying to get this changed?

llamatrnr 01-07-2012 5:16 PM

Welcome, newb! Check out Appleseed to get you started.

Kauf 01-08-2012 9:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefirebirdzox (Post 7801750)
I would like to get out of here, but this is home. Are we here trying to get this changed?

I don't believe there is any litigation ongoing regarding the suppressor regulations. We have more important stuff i.e. Open Carry, 10 Day Wait, and AWB to deal with before we worry about suppressors.

thefirebirdzox 01-08-2012 10:30 AM

10 day, meh. AWB I find retarded. Open Carry too.

thefirebirdzox 01-08-2012 10:44 AM

I also hate the mag limit. WHY CAN'T WE GET 20-ROUNDS?!

iamgbot 01-08-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kauf (Post 7804797)
I don't believe there is any litigation ongoing regarding the suppressor regulations. We have more important stuff i.e. Open Carry, 10 Day Wait, and AWB to deal with before we worry about suppressors.

^^^ this... one step at a time.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

GMG 01-08-2012 10:59 AM

Welcome young'n !

Steelplate45 01-08-2012 11:23 AM

In general, most of us CGers
 
who shoot a lot, or compete regularly have gotten quite competent with 10 rd mags.

The real problem is the government forcing a limit upon us on mag capacity. That is what we are fighting. Government imposed limits on constitutional freedoms.

Since young folks like yourself are our future, we would like to see you not only become competent with firearms, but become competent in Constitutional History and in American Freedoms.

thefirebirdzox 01-08-2012 4:50 PM

Thanks you guys. Where can I get started with shooting though? Cause I really want to shoot in AR but not go outside of LA.

ChopperX 01-14-2012 9:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefirebirdzox (Post 7806917)
Thanks you guys. Where can I get started with shooting though? Cause I really want to shoot in AR but not go outside of LA.

Got some good news for you. There is a new range opening up within the next few weeks called Field Time Target and Training. http://www.fieldtimetargetandtraining.com/

rojocorsa 01-15-2012 10:36 PM

Howdy and welcome. I'd say once you're into guns, you're in it for life. I remember when I was at your position.

I'd say by a couple of months to one year, you should be up to speed on most gun stuff.

Go to an Appleseed if you can; it's free for you.

five.five-six 01-15-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefirebirdzox (Post 7789667)
An NG, so to speak... Thefirebirdzox.

I'm 14. Never ever fired a real live gun, but my bro and friends have. I got interested in guns around September/October of 11. Some guns I want are a Ruger Gp-100, model KGP-141, 6 inch barrel. A Beretta M92. USP. AR-15 (cali legal of course, ha). M1A with Zeiss Scope. M1 Garand. Springfield.

I hate them silencer prohibitions and mag limits. Fine with everything else.

That's it really.

funny. I want all the same guns you do... being 14 you are going to have to wait a few years to get them, I have been at the same job for 15 years and make over $100k/year, according to my wife, I will never get them :(

thefirebirdzox 01-16-2012 9:03 AM

Who's fighting the mag-limit and bullet button issue? Just curious. ChopperX, cool, OC here I come! rojocorsa, wow, seriously? Best addiction ever then!

rojocorsa 01-16-2012 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefirebirdzox (Post 7854236)
Who's fighting the mag-limit and bullet button issue? Just curious. ChopperX, cool, OC here I come! rojocorsa, wow, seriously? Best addiction ever then!

Yeah.

I'm not that old actually, about 6 years older than you. I know that I will be in it for life. I was 11 the first time I shot a gun, and was amazing.


But seriously, go to an Appleseed shoot if you can, it's free for those under 21. These events are highly regarded nation wide by almost everyone. It's basically open to all ages and skill types. Sometimes some people even have extra guns to loan out to those that don't have one.

mosinnagantm9130 01-16-2012 9:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojocorsa (Post 7858897)
Yeah.

I'm not that old actually, about 6 years older than you. I know that I will be in it for life. I was 11 the first time I shot a gun, and was amazing.


But seriously, go to an Appleseed shoot if you can, it's free for those under 21. These events are highly regarded nation wide by almost everyone. It's basically open to all ages and skill types. Sometimes some people even have extra guns to loan out to those that don't have one.

What rojo said^^

You sound a lot like me when I first got into guns, I was 13 at the time.

I'm not an old dude either, I've only got 5ish on you :D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.