Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Training Class Announcements (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Tactical Carbine / Lever Rifle - Level 1 - 4/9/16 - Burro Canyon - $150 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=507900)

D-Man 12-05-2011 5:39 PM

Tactical Carbine / Lever Rifle - Level 1 - 4/9/16 - Burro Canyon - $150

Have a carbine or lever rifle you use for self-defense? We finally combined these classes together in one class and show how to use both in a tactical environment. Want to learn how to use it with a bullet button in a rapid manner? The carbine has become a mainstay in America and it is critical if you own one that you know how to use it effectively especially as part of a system with your sidearm. This a beginning to intermediate level class that will teach you how to integrate the carbine as part of your defensive strategy. Students will start with zeroing their carbine, work through individual drills, weapon retention, and transitions between their carbine and sidearm. Attendees will need 200+ rounds of carbine / lever rifle ammo, chest rig, sidearm with holster (if you choose to bring one), 150+ rounds of sidearm ammo, weather appropriate clothing (we shoot rain or shine), chair, drinks / snacks, and eye / ear protection. Cost for the course is $150 which is payable by cash, check, money order, credit card, or prepay through the website here. Reserve your spot in the class by April 6th at 5pm. Please contact me with any questions you might have.

87FJ60 12-29-2011 8:22 AM

So this class is only offered to those with carbines that have bullet buttons?

D-Man 12-29-2011 8:47 AM

No, use what you have.

D-Man 01-12-2012 10:08 AM

Still spots available for those that are interested.

lawaia 01-12-2012 10:27 AM

Count me in, Darren. Thanks.

D-Man 01-12-2012 10:46 AM

You got it. As we get closer to the class date I will send out the details on the class.

lawaia 02-27-2012 2:21 PM

Great class this past weekend. Lots of great drills transitioning rifle/pistol & pistol/rifle. Also switching dominant/reaction sides. Barricade work, too. Had some discussion on mindset and techniques prior to range time, and touched on weapons retention.

We were lucky to have an Army sniper (with 7 deployments under his belt, including Afghanistan and Iraq) assisting our class. He gave a wealth of real-world 2-way range insight to us all. Thanks to him for coming to class, and for his service!

D-Man orients his classes to defensive use of firearms. Lots of useful info for us normal non-SF guys.:)

It was a good group of guys, and a fun class. My thanks to Darren.

D-Man 02-27-2012 2:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback! You guys all had big smiles by the end of the day, and all of you seemed to learn a fair amount as well. Repeating this class in July again!

coryglidden 03-26-2012 9:14 PM

How does one sign up for your class

D-Man 03-27-2012 8:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryglidden (Post 8291978)
How does one sign up for your class

PM me on here, or send an email to dharlow at 5arrowstactical.com with your contact information and I will sign you up from there.

DannyInSoCal 05-08-2012 6:55 PM

Enjoyed the tactical pistol class -

Tagging this one in case I can clear my schedule...

D-Man 05-08-2012 7:23 PM

Hope you can make it and glad you enjoyed the Tac Pistol class. Taking the level 2 tac pistol class as well soon?

DannyInSoCal 05-09-2012 5:15 AM

Roger that...

Fish Stick 07-30-2012 3:16 PM

Great Class!

I took this course last weekend and really enjoyed it. My experience was the same as lawaia posted in February. Darren and his instructors are fist class with a wealth of experience and knowledge.

As a long time shooter (over 30 years), but with no formal training, I learned an amazing amount of information, and was exposed to what I really don't know and the skills I need to improve.

They gave me a new perspective on personal defense tactics, strategies and preperation. Drills to stay off the X (movement), strong side/weak side, realoading, transitioning between weapons and around cover all made it a positive learning experience.

I will certainly be back for another class soon.

-Joe

Fish Stick 07-30-2012 3:22 PM

Great Class!

I took this course last weekend and really enjoyed it. My experience was the same as lawaia posted in February. Darin is and his instructors are fist class with a wealth of experience and knowledge.

As a long time shooter (over 30 years), but with no formal training, I learned an amazing amount of information, and was exposed to what I really don't know and the skills I need to improve.

They gave me a new perspective on personal defense tactics, strategies and preperation. Drills to stay off the X (movement), strong side/weak side, realoading, transitioning between weapons and around cover all made it a positive learning experience.

I will certainly be back for another class soon.

-Joe

D-Man 07-30-2012 6:45 PM

Glad you enjoyed the class and learned so much. We did make it a very technical class to really work the skills necessary. Looking forward to seeing you at future classes.

kittycat 01-23-2013 11:35 PM

Are there spots left?

D-Man 01-24-2013 6:17 PM

Plenty of spots available. Sign on up!

kittycat 01-25-2013 1:57 PM

Awesome! Looks like I will be registering for 2. Once I get a final confirmation, I will send you our info over. BTW, I read everything we need to bring. How about slings?

D-Man 01-25-2013 6:48 PM

Slings are highly recommended, especially when you are doing transitions from carbine to sidearm and back again.

kittycat 02-01-2013 8:03 AM

Please message me mailing instructions to send payment. There will be two of us.

Thanks~!

D-Man 02-01-2013 8:16 AM

PM inbound.

deviljon 02-13-2013 9:12 AM

Next class is in July? PM me details please. I should have time to prep everything I need by then. Hopefully ammo prices drop too lol.

Also, I'd like to bring my girlfriend along with a dedicated .22lr carbine and .22lr sidearm.

D-Man 02-19-2013 7:46 PM

This class is scheduled for March 16th, the next one after that has not been scheduled yet. Most classes are repeated every few months.

Fish Stick 03-18-2013 11:32 AM

Another Great Class

I just wanted to say the class this past weekend was another great experience.

Thank you for allowing me to bring my 13 year old son. It was a good call. He really enjoyed the various movement and transition drills, as well as learning about a stacked entry. Hearing it from someone other than me made the terms and necessary skills "real". Class really improved his mindset and skill level. Even I didn't know he could shoot that well!

Taking the class for the 2nd time reminded me of all the things I need to focus on to improve, and the real value of organized training.

Thanks,

- Joe

D-Man 03-18-2013 8:03 PM

Thank you for the feedback. Good to see you at the class.

triggatronic 07-31-2013 12:16 PM

Is there a schedule available for the next one? Wish I would have known about this earlier. Thanks.

D-Man 08-01-2013 5:49 AM

Next one will be October / November time frame. This particular class has been listed for a couple of months now, sorry you did not see it in time. The website and Calguns will both be updated soon with the next class date.

SuicideCharley 08-01-2013 9:20 AM

tagged for future openings.

SaD Guy 04-05-2014 8:14 PM

Does the cost include the range fees? Thanks.

D-Man 04-07-2014 11:42 AM

Yes, all fees are covered in the course cost.

D-Man 01-29-2015 7:23 AM

BTT

moldman 02-01-2015 10:18 AM

Is this class ok for someone who has never been in a class before? This sounds like a class I would to join. Just need to check the date.

D-Man 02-25-2015 10:55 AM

Yes, this class will be fine for you. We adjust accordingly to the skill level of the students in the class.

D-Man 03-28-2016 1:39 PM

BTT