Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Training Class Announcements (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Self-Defense Shotgun - Level 1 - 6/18/16 - Lytle Creek (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=507889)

D-Man 12-05-2011 5:22 PM

Self-Defense Shotgun - Level 1 - 6/18/16 - Lytle Creek

Have a shotgun for home defense? Want to learn how to run it for tactical / self-defense situations? Come on out for this class! A shotgun is a devastating close quarters weapon, especially when employed as part of a system including your sidearm. This class starts with the fundamentals to include patterning your Home Defense loads and builds to the end of the day doing dynamic movement. Level of this class is considered an intermediate level class. Students will need their shotgun with a sling, 5 00 buck rounds, 5 slugs, 150+ birdshot rounds (no steel shot), chair, drink / snacks, weather appropriate clothing (we shoot rain or shine), eye / ear protection. Cost for the class is $150 which is payable by cash, check, money order, credit cards, or prepay through the website here. Reserve your spot in this class by June 15th at 5pm. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Don the savage 08-12-2012 11:18 PM

I took this class saturday and had a great time. Small class size with lots of individual instruction. Great attitude by the instuctor- it wasnt boot camp, it was education which is what i was looking for. The work on transition from shotgun to pistol gave me some things to work on. I will definitely be back.

hammer74 11-19-2012 7:11 PM

looks interesting.
do u have a class agenda for this?
prereq?
how many people per class..i might bring a friend or two.

thanks

D-Man 11-20-2012 7:29 AM

Short class agenda: Covering the shotgun as a home defense (HD) weapon (strengths and weaknesses), pattern both slugs and buckshot at various HD distances to know what your particular shotgun will do, basic movement and transitions with a shotgun / sidearm combination, then doing some basic entry moves.

This class is designed for someone who has shot on a square range without movement most of their lives and wants to start employing the shotgun in a defensive manner. Because of this there is no pre-reqs really required as the goal is to take shooters new to shooting and moving and give them the basics of what they need to know.

Also, we always keep our instructor to student ratio at 1:4 or 1:5 at the most regardless of class size. That way if someone is struggling with a particular lesson we can give them the individual attention they require without having to hold back the rest of the class. Would love to have your friends and yourself attend the class. If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them.

scorpio252c 12-26-2012 4:40 AM

How do I sign up?

D-Man 12-26-2012 7:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio252c (Post 10017439)
How do I sign up?

E-Mail me at dharlow at 5arrowstactical.com or you can sign up through the website here.

scorpio252c 12-26-2012 7:48 AM

Thank You sir.

SoCal1 03-10-2014 6:23 PM

I have been through this class 3 times and learned something new each time. Great instructors that teach to the level of the students and make it fun.

smashycrashy 01-22-2015 11:51 AM

Note the op says register by the 13th.. Are you taking late registrations for this?

D-Man 01-24-2015 7:10 AM

I will still take reservations.

D-Man 03-30-2016 6:58 AM

BTT