Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Range Cleanups (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Perris california outdoor range? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=492771)

951temec 10-25-2011 5:14 PM

Perris california outdoor range?

I went there once awhile ago, google brings up nothing.

it was a range where you can go out and shoot, friend of mine took me one time

scoutpup99 10-25-2011 5:42 PM

there are 2 private ranges in perris. The Rockpile and Maywood Rod and Gun. Both of them are off of christmas tree lane.

951temec 10-25-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltmopar (Post 7386986)
type in these coordinates at google maps and it will help you find either one. May wood is the first one you come to and Rock pile is further down.

yep, its maywood

thank you, is there a list of the free gun ranges like maywood?
i was told it was public property designated for shooting
so it wasn't really a range.

also, how do i get there by car, last time i went there it was only assessable by a larger truck. i drive a civic

boltmopar 10-26-2011 7:42 AM

I'm not too sure about Maywood. I think it is a private Gun CLub and they only have a hundred members at any given time. I have never talked to anyone about it to confirm, soit is all heresay. You should be able to reach Maywood with no problem, it is paved all the way to it. Maywood is across from some nursey. The palnt kind, not kid kind. If you pass those you will continue to a dirt road and follow it to the right, it should take you past some big satellite dishes and you continue up the road. If you google rockpile perris,ca, it should give you a website to contact them. The area will let you get a membership for 150 all year. It's worth it if you shoot a lot. I go about every two weeks. If you would like to go to rockpile send me a pm.

msand951 10-26-2011 9:56 AM

Someone told me about that free range. Ive never been to it but can you guys send me the coordinates ive tried to find it but cant.

Mongoblack23 10-26-2011 6:04 PM

^^^ thats pretty much it. i got (REMOVED).... just be aware of the other people up there, especially on the weekends. and please clean up after yourself....

-edited to removes coordinates.-

Chaos47 10-26-2011 11:08 PM

Thanks

SteveSatch 10-27-2011 4:24 PM

Anyone else try it in a car? I drive a little Nissan Versa hatchback. I'd rather not damage the undercarriage : )

boltmopar 10-27-2011 5:46 PM

^^^^
It can be done, there is an older man that drives his towncar to Rockpile.

SteveSatch 10-27-2011 6:58 PM

I'll try it in my car then : ) Anyone up for a mini Calguns meetup?

boltmopar 10-27-2011 7:20 PM

speeedracerr already hit me up about going to rock pile. You can bring guests, but not sure if I will go this weekend, but will for sure next weekend.

SteveSatch 10-27-2011 8:45 PM

Hey 951temec, I'm next door to you in Murrieta. Let me know if you want to try out the free shooting place right next to Maywood. Neither of us have trucks so it will be an adventure.

Etihtsarom 10-27-2011 9:50 PM

Please consider deleting or editing your posts in this thread to remove the coordinates to SteelPeak.

That spot is already really dirty and needs a massive clean up, posting it up will only make it worse as more people come. Most Calgun people will clean up after themselves, but the general public might not, so feel free to share it via PM, but remove it from the public posts. Please.
Thanks again.

Chaos47 10-27-2011 10:20 PM

Thanks

951temec 10-27-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltmopar (Post 7398562)
^^^^
It can be done, there is an older man that drives his towncar to Rockpile.

we had trouble in a lifted tacoma, i think rockpile is a different route?

yeah i'll come to a little murrieta-temecula meetup, i think it would be like 3 of us though haha

pietropau9 10-28-2011 6:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 951temec (Post 7400676)
we had trouble in a lifted tacoma, i think rockpile is a different route?

yeah i'll come to a little murrieta-temecula meetup, i think it would be like 3 of us though haha

pm me when you want to go. I have a truck and you can put your stuff back there. I wouldnt recommend a car. I work Sun, mon, tues nights so I'm open during the day. Earlier the better. Hit me up.

boltmopar 10-28-2011 10:21 AM

Maybe steel peak is different, but my brothers stock s10 made it no problem to the rockpile

valkylrie 10-28-2011 2:10 PM

I used to have a membership to the RockPile, but I have not been shooting as much as I would like this last year and let it Lapse, I never knew about the "Free" range in that area, So if someone would not mind PMing me the coord. I would be thankful...

SteveSatch 10-28-2011 7:32 PM

I'm thinking the BLM land by Maywood for a meetup.

ls2monaro 10-29-2011 10:53 AM

you definitely need a truck or something with some clearance there is a nice dip getting to the spot and I have never seen a car at the spot. You could park on the nearby road but it would be quite a hump to get to the spot. Also please keep the spot low key it already gets busy on the weekends.

SteveSatch 10-29-2011 11:38 AM

Rats, well I'm looking to hitch a ride up to the BLM spot then : ) Saturdays work best for me, but I do sometimes have time off during the week around certain holidays. I'm just a normal dude from Murrieta who only gets to shoot once in a blue moon. Mid 40's, wife, two kids, and I teach second grade. I tend to shoot ammo I can afford (9mm, .22, maybe my SKS) at reactive targets.
Steve

haroldbluetooth 11-01-2011 8:00 AM

report please

im interested, too. weekdays are good for me.
maybe we can organize a visit and clean up.......

Etihtsarom 11-01-2011 1:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls2monaro (Post 7407590)
you definitely need a truck or something with some clearance there is a nice dip getting to the spot and I have never seen a car at the spot. You could park on the nearby road but it would be quite a hump to get to the spot. Also please keep the spot low key it already gets busy on the weekends.

It's not that bad, my Civic made it up there. Just don't try in the wet season.

Etihtsarom 11-01-2011 2:01 PM

If enough people want to get together to help clean up and shoot, we could organize it for one of these days in the coming holiday season.

Post your interest here, what you can bring, how many people, what time/date etc...
It's a nice spot, the time and effort we put in to keep it clean will make it worth it.

M1 Dave 11-02-2011 10:51 PM

I'm down for a meet/shoot/cleanup anytime as long as its after Tuesday as I pick up my M1A that day.

I'd like to also mention I'm not a new member here. Been a calgunner since 06 but I forgot my password.

Zen Mechanic 11-06-2011 8:58 AM

Temecula/Murrieta guys. I've been up to the Perris BLM in my f150 no problem. Drove out to scope it out once, haven't shot there yet.

I'm in French Valley off Winchester Rd., so let me know if you guys plan a date. I have several Bee Cyn buddies that would be down to go.

SteveSatch 11-10-2011 7:28 PM

How about Saturday 11-19 for a Perris BLM mini meet and shoot?

drifter2be 11-15-2011 5:16 PM

That sounds good, I'd definitely like to go shooting this weekend.

VCMike 11-16-2011 4:48 AM

I might be available for Saturday the 19th for cleanup and shoot, what time are we thinking? Will someone please pm me the coordinates?

SteveSatch 11-16-2011 6:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSatch (Post 7478224)
How about Saturday 11-19 for a Perris BLM mini meet and shoot?

Looks like I'll be in OC doing a PPT this Saturday. How about Sunday or the following Saturday (might be busy there or empty with Thanksgiving weekend)?

VCMike 11-16-2011 6:34 AM

Bummer, Sunday won't work for me. Maybe the next Saturday.

SteveSatch 11-16-2011 4:10 PM

Let's try to get a shoot together for Saturday 11-26 then!

VCMike 11-16-2011 6:29 PM

I think Saturday Will work for me. Steve, You can ride in with me if you would like, just PM me and let me know.

Chaos47 11-17-2011 2:45 AM

nearly 900 views you guys need to let this thread die or this location is going to get destroyed and shut down...

JoeM 11-18-2011 8:11 PM

I went there today and it was a wreck. People have thrashed it since the last time I was there 2 weeks ago. Two guys were there early this afternoon when I showed up and they were doing some extremely fast firing of a very large cal rifle. Possibly hicap too. Seems so reckless that I turned around and walked back down to my car. Didn't feel safe shooting out there with them nearby. I drove over to the Rock Pile to see if I might be able to get access, and then I went home. Honestly, between the glass, the trash, and all the spent shotgun and pistol shells, I'm surprised BLM hasn't closed it down already. Bummer. Maybe it's time to join the Rock Pile after all.

Zen Mechanic 11-18-2011 9:41 PM

We're doing Bee Canyon (it's open) on Sunday morning. Anyone interested?

cdownin 11-19-2011 6:44 AM

It would be cool to do a clean up I'm in can someone please pm me the coordinates these two spots (fixed)

Thanks

Eat Dirt 11-19-2011 6:54 AM

:hide:

Tagged

cdownin 11-19-2011 7:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Dirt (Post 7526022)
:hide:

Tagged

Does this mean do not spell it correct to make it searchable. If so I fixed my post.

Sleighter 11-19-2011 9:22 AM

I live in rancho cucamonga and would be in for a meet and shoot to help clean up the area. I have a truck and can haul garbage out. Please pm me the coordinates. I'm interested in meeting other calgunners in the area.