Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Turner's Outdoorsman (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Questions you would like to ask Turners (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=451131)

Napalm Bulldog 07-01-2011 5:35 PM

Questions you would like to ask Turners
 
Open to all for posting questions you would like answered.


Welcome Turners to Calguns,My question is when are you guys going to bring back 90 day lay-away? The 90 day lay-away made it possible for me to buy more exspensive firearms. Yes I know I can also save up but for some of us that is not a reality. Bob at Field Times in Westminster has 90 lay-away and I have for the record in the last year bought six firearms from him. He will match most advertised prices also. Only had him say no to one because it was on a discontinued model. Happened to be an add from you guys on a tiger camo shotgun.

I have been recently meandering into the Fountain valley store lately. I dont know where Mike has been ? Waiting to run into him so he can bore sight my Howa .308. I did a PPT not too long ago there and Neil made it pretty effortless. I also had one of the sales reps show me how a bore snake works. Yep didnt know never really thought about trying one. She did a great demonstration, Answered my questions. I wound up buying one that I need to return since you just put them on sale for 5 dollars cheaper! LOl just got it two days ago. So to me things are looking up. Bring back 90 day lay-away! If you did there would be a G17 with my name on it!
__________________

Bill@Turner's 07-01-2011 6:57 PM

Layaway Terms
 
This is another timely question; thanks for asking.

Prior to the sale of the company in 2005, we had offered a 60-day layaway, but most managers would work with you and more times than not it could be managed as a 90-day layaway.

However, prior to Gene L.'s return, it became a 30-day layaway for a number of reasons- all of which were related to the health of the company during that period.

Today, it stands as 30-day layaway with most managers able to work with you on stretching things out a bit.

As we change our retail systems here in the next couple of months, we'll take another look at things and see what we can do.

We appreciate your feedback; it'll help guide us through our rebuilding.

ElvenSoul 07-01-2011 7:12 PM

Any chance of featureless rifle sales of AK/AR's.

ArmyMedicMoose 07-03-2011 4:21 PM

AR lowers
 
AR stripped lowers?

JoeinLA 07-03-2011 4:30 PM

I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-05-2011 12:20 PM

We have been stocking some feature-less AK's but sales have been soft vs. AK's with various mag locks.

While we have not offered any featureless AR's, we may as we continue to expand our selection of cool guns.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-05-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyMedicMoose (Post 6705874)
AR stripped lowers?

Ditto on these- we sold some just a few years back and there is discussion about doing these again in the very near future.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-05-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeinLA (Post 6705912)
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.

While some of that wait is just a part of the sales and paperwork process, a lot of it is also dependent on our current retail system, which is being replaced in the next two months.

We are also getting our managers on track with training so that they can better manage things that take time and payroll away from the sales counter. And the new retail system should also help in that area as well so that more time can be spent on the sales counter instead of the office.

bigevil 07-07-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeinLA (Post 6705912)
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.

First off, welcome Turners! longtime shopper at your reseda location (3+ guns at that store alone).

I love turners prices and their selection as well as the fact that the people that work there are usually wonderful to deal with.
I do have to say that I do share much of the sentiment expressed previously regarding wait times. I wonder if even just having a single greeter/roamer type of person to answer super trivial questions about stuff would be helpful. I totally appreciate all of the factors that go into making this a challenge but I'm simply saying that it would be my first area of improvement. I recently opted to goto another less friendly store because I anticipated the wait time. That being said I will happily return because I do think your people are great.

Icypu 07-07-2011 11:53 PM

Does Turners have an official policy and manager training in place regarding CA C&R FFL licenses and CADOJ COE holders. In briefly discussing with local sales at a store, they seemed adamant that no person could walk into the store buy a rifle or pistol 50 years old or older and leave. Of course, with these documents, in compliance with state and federal law, you can buy a C&R firearm and take it home the day of.

With the amazing selection of used and C&R firearms that appear instore, there should be more effort to provide better service to C&R, COE holders.

Bill@Turner's 07-08-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icypu (Post 6731281)
Does Turners have an official policy and manager training in place regarding CA C&R FFL licenses and CADOJ COE holders. In briefly discussing with local sales at a store, they seemed adamant that no person could walk into the store buy a rifle or pistol 50 years old or older and leave. Of course, with these documents, in compliance with state and federal law, you can buy a C&R firearm and take it home the day of.

With the amazing selection of used and C&R firearms that appear instore, there should be more effort to provide better service to C&R, COE holders.

Please PM or e-mail me with information regarding a particular store with regards to this.

We sell curio firearms on a regular (at least a few times a week, usually) basis to folks with C&R/COE credentials, so please get back to me and we can work with our Store Sales/Management Director to address specific issues that you've run into.

Thank you.

msteel 07-11-2011 7:19 AM

I don't have a question, more of a suggestion/compliment. Sorry if I'm off topic a little.

I am another one who quit going to Turner's quite some time ago for the same reasons everyone else has stated. My last visit to a Turner's was the Corona store (old location) several years ago, at which point I had pretty much given up on you guys at that time.

However, I recently needed a PPT. The agreed place was Turner's in Corona. I was happy with doing a local (for me) PPT but was skeptical about using Turner's.

As it turned out, I was quite surprised. A complete 180deg turn from the last time I visited that location. It was kind of hard to believe I was in a Turner's, everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Way-to-go guys! You're on the right path, keep working in that direction and I'll keep coming back.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-11-2011 3:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msteel (Post 6748986)
I don't have a question, more of a suggestion/compliment. Sorry if I'm off topic a little.

I am another one who quit going to Turner's quite some time ago for the same reasons everyone else has stated. My last visit to a Turner's was the Corona store (old location) several years ago, at which point I had pretty much given up on you guys at that time.

However, I recently needed a PPT. The agreed place was Turner's in Corona. I was happy with doing a local (for me) PPT but was skeptical about using Turner's.

As it turned out, I was quite surprised. A complete 180deg turn from the last time I visited that location. It was kind of hard to believe I was in a Turner's, everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Way-to-go guys! You're on the right path, keep working in that direction and I'll keep coming back.

Thank you for sharing that. We definitely have some things that we've go to work on and streamlining the PPT process and becoming more PPT-friendly is one of our priorities.

ArmyMedicMoose 07-11-2011 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyMedicMoose (Post 6705874)
AR stripped lowers?

So when can we look forward to stripped lowers being a stocked item? Really looking to get one, I don't want to be forced to go somewhere else?

Bill@Turner's 07-11-2011 5:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyMedicMoose (Post 6752206)
So when can we look forward to stripped lowers being a stocked item? Really looking to get one, I don't want to be forced to go somewhere else?

Our buyers are putting this together right now. I'll let you know when they have brand/model info, pricing and an ETA.

Thanks.

wangankin 07-11-2011 6:26 PM

@Turners

Do any of your stores (More Specifically Pasadena) have 10/20 Magpul pmags in-stock? Preferably in FDE or BLK.

Munk 07-11-2011 8:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman (Post 6751750)
Thank you for sharing that. We definitely have some things that we've go to work on and streamlining the PPT process and becoming more PPT-friendly is one of our priorities.

On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-13-2011 9:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wangankin (Post 6752878)
@Turners

Do any of your stores (More Specifically Pasadena) have 10/20 Magpul pmags in-stock? Preferably in FDE or BLK.

PM sent; thanks!

Ledbetter 07-13-2011 9:45 AM

Do you have a requirement that PPT customers must buy a lock from you, or provide a lock with proof it was purchased in the last 30 days, in order to complete the transfer?

If so, what law requires this or is it simply a Turner's policy?

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-13-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munk (Post 6753854)
On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).

Over the last 20 years, we've moved up and down on FFL transfer prices for a number of reasons. As it has become increasingly interesting (and expensive) to do business in CA, our transfer fees have gone up.

Today, we've focused our firearm business on the sale of new/used/consigned guns in our retail stores. Conducting transfers for guns sold outside of our stores is not our primary focus but moreover conducting those transfers cost us as much as the guns that are sold in our stores but just without the benefit of us being the primary seller.

By the way, we charge reduced fees for some types of transfers (LEO, military, industry partners and industry media, amongst others) and we charge no fees for transfers of guns sold/raffled/won at NRA/CRPA/DU/CWA/RMEF/SCI, etc. dinners and events.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-13-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledbetter (Post 6763425)
Do you have a requirement that PPT customers must buy a lock from you, or provide a lock with proof it was purchased in the last 30 days, in order to complete the transfer?

If so, what law requires this or is it simply a Turner's policy?

CA requires that all firearms sold or transferred, including PPT's passing through a dealer, include or be accompanied by an approved firearm safety device. (12088.1.(a) )

There is an exemption for FSD's purchased within 30 days of the transfer date, provided that the device is presented to the dealer, a receipt dated within 30 days is also presented to the dealer and that the dealer verifies everything and retains a copy of that receipt. (12088.1. (e) (1-5)

There is also an exemption that allows the customer to sign an affidavit attesting to ownership of a gun safe. However, the Federal CSLA of 2005, does not acknowledge that affidavit with respect to handgun transfers. (Transfers of curio's are exempt from this requirement, though.)

Most but not all customers will opt to purchase a lock from us at the time of a handgun PPT as a convenient alternative to providing the lock and receipt purchased 30 days prior. On long gun PPT's, most customers own safes and are signing affidavits.

Ledbetter 07-13-2011 11:27 AM

Why would you expect there to be a federal (the Federal CSLA of 2005) exemption to a state (12088.1.(a) ) requirement? If it's a state requirement, I don't understand your reasoning in not recognizing the state exemption regarding an affidaviti of ownership. Every other gun store where I have done PPT's does not follow your practice.

People who do PPT's also buy new guns, sometimes a lot of new guns. I tend to do business with those gun stores I am most familiar with, sometimes from prior PPTs.

Napalm Bulldog 07-13-2011 9:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledbetter (Post 6764025)
Why would you expect there to be a federal (the Federal CSLA of 2005) exemption to a state (12088.1.(a) ) requirement? If it's a state requirement, I don't understand your reasoning in not recognizing the state exemption regarding an affidaviti of ownership. Every other gun store where I have done PPT's does not follow your practice.People who do PPT's also buy new guns, sometimes a lot of new guns. I tend to do business with those gun stores I am most familiar with, sometimes from prior PPTs.

Just put down you own a safe and move on! This is not a thread for arguments. He answered your question with what their policy is. Asked and answered!

Unkl Bang 07-13-2011 11:53 PM

Why doesn't Turner's sell the Ares defense RCU-22 carbine uppers for the Ruger MK series anymore?I finally talked myself into it and walked into the San Bernardino store cash in hand. The Employee said you discontinued it . Can I special order one? I'd also like to see the Advantage Arms Glock 22LR conversion kits in your stores. I can afford to shoot a heck of alot more of 22 compared to other calibers.

titus75 07-14-2011 10:33 AM

Probably dumb question but I'm in SLO county and unfamiliar with Turner's. Do you ship to other in state ffl's? I see alot of things I like in your weekly flyer but I'm assuming I would have to make two round trips to purchase any guns.

Damzk 07-14-2011 4:03 PM

Not really a question but a suggestion. As mentioned before about the wait time. I have had a number of times where I saw the ad and knew what I wanted before going in. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes to just pick up my shotgun because I was waiting. Anyways a quick access line would be nice for like picking up guns, getting ammo from behind the counter or stuff like that, just for people that only need help for like a few minutes.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 10:16 AM

Ares-22
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkl Bang (Post 6768644)
Why doesn't Turner's sell the Ares defense RCU-22 carbine uppers for the Ruger MK series anymore?I finally talked myself into it and walked into the San Bernardino store cash in hand. The Employee said you discontinued it . Can I special order one? I'd also like to see the Advantage Arms Glock 22LR conversion kits in your stores. I can afford to shoot a heck of alot more of 22 compared to other calibers.

Unkl Bang-

We only dropped them because they quit shipping product. In fact, we're not sure if Ares is going to continue forward with commercial business. BTW, contact the folks at San Bernardino and have them see if we have any RCU's left in any other Turner's locations. I know they are thinning out but there may be one or two left somewhere.

glock_this 07-15-2011 10:17 AM

When was the last time you showed the Cali compliant P22 Military green in your system? Sku# CAP22007

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titus75 (Post 6770761)
Probably dumb question but I'm in SLO county and unfamiliar with Turner's. Do you ship to other in state ffl's? I see alot of things I like in your weekly flyer but I'm assuming I would have to make two round trips to purchase any guns.

Currently, we can work out payment with you and we'll ship to your local FFL. In a few months, we'll be embarking on our online store and we'll ship everywhere with a little less manual process than the way we do it today.

E-mail us when you see something you'll like and we'll get it done.

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damzk (Post 6772870)
Not really a question but a suggestion. As mentioned before about the wait time. I have had a number of times where I saw the ad and knew what I wanted before going in. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes to just pick up my shotgun because I was waiting. Anyways a quick access line would be nice for like picking up guns, getting ammo from behind the counter or stuff like that, just for people that only need help for like a few minutes.

That's not a bad idea. We hope to cut all wait times- initial sale and pick-ups- drastically as we roll out our new system. Some of our stores have used numbering systems, but with mixed success. It does cut down on the confusion of who's next, but it can make customers feel rushed.

As the new system goes online, we'll take a look at ideas like yours and see what works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock_this (Post 6777497)
When was the last time you showed the Cali compliant P22 Military green in your system? Sku# CAP22007

We've ordered this 3.4" model on a special order basis recently, but we don't regularly stock it. Any of our stores can order this for you.

glock_this 07-15-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman (Post 6777680)
We've ordered this 3.4" model on a special order basis recently, but we don't regularly stock it. Any of our stores can order this for you.

What price do you sell it for? And on the special order you reference, did you actually got one in or is it on backorder?

safewaysecurity 07-15-2011 10:50 AM

You guys going to expand into the bay area any time soon?

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock_this (Post 6777702)
What price do you sell it for? And on the special order you reference, did you actually got one in or is it on backorder?

PM sent; thanks.

MacOtac 07-15-2011 11:01 AM

What is the deal with the Kel Tec KSG's? Are you guys selling them? Are they Cali Legal?

Hilldweller 07-15-2011 11:06 AM

Nice to see open conversation between a vendor and customers.

Looks like this person at Turners is checking the thread here every few days. Not an easy thing to do/remember in a busy business environment, especially when implementing major changes. Heck, just dealing with day-to-day issues can tax someone.

I applaud this person for providing honest answers and what I would call good customer service by checking the site frequently.

I haven't been to Turner's in years (many years), only because I stopped shooting/buying firearms. However, with me planning on PPT's in the future I will definitely visit them again for that service.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safewaysecurity (Post 6777706)
You guys going to expand into the bay area any time soon?

We have expansion ideas for next year but San Fran is not on the short list right now. Stay tuned for our online store and we'll get you taken care of.

Turner's Outdoorsman 07-15-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacOtac (Post 6777776)
What is the deal with the Kel Tec KSG's? Are you guys selling them? Are they Cali Legal?

Yes, they are California legal.

And yes, we are selling them; but they won't arrive until later this year.
In fact we've quit taking deposits because any new deposit we take (after the first 200+ we have in the system) will not likely arrive until Q1, 2012.

See my PM...

Pattons3rd 07-15-2011 12:47 PM

When is your quarterly summer catalog coming out? You guys have the Springfield Armory 1911's yet?

Coolguy101 07-15-2011 6:48 PM

I have a question: I went to Turners to do a PPT for a handgun, and they would not accept a mortgage statement provided by the buyer as a secondary proof of residency. My question is why, as it is tied to a physical address like a utility bill and is essentially the same thing as a lease agreement except its between you and the bank?

I know its not on the DOJ list of criteria, but when I called them, their position was that the list they provide is not all inclusive, but rather examples of what would qualify, and for the dealer to use those examples and their best judgement as to what to accept.

So even after the salesperson who was nice enough to call the corporate office and ask them if it was ok, he was told it was not and we were not allowed to do the PPT.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.