Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   The CRPA Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Move to NC (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=449991)

DevilDog1988 06-28-2011 6:01 PM

Move to NC

So Im makin the drive to live in NC, currently at a hotel in TX. How will me living in NC affect my calguns acct? anyone know?

MFortie 06-28-2011 7:21 PM

Shouldn't affect it at all. One of my neighbors moved to NC a year or so ago and is still on board.

moulton 06-28-2011 7:40 PM

How is the drive, I'm making it with my brother and father in two weeks to the Durham area ....We'll be in a 20' U-haul towing a '57 Chevy on a trailer.....so, needless to say we will be crawling along at 55mph and it should take about 4 days.

Steyrlp10 06-29-2011 12:57 PM

Are you a CRPA member too?

jeep7081 07-02-2011 10:51 AM

You guys will like it there. Went there about 6yrs ago (wow time flies). If I could get the wife to move, I might look at SC though. Both our relatives came from there (NC & SC).

The War Wagon 07-02-2011 10:59 AM

The humidity will make your computer run slower. :p

DevilDog1988 08-03-2011 5:08 PM

well im here now. the drive was alright. how was yours moulton? finally getting to use my 30 round mags for AR and 16 round pistol mags. recently bought a Marlin too. havent gotten to shoot it yet though. NC is great, nice to get into a slower pace. and the humidty is taking some getting used to

nicki 08-10-2011 2:00 PM

Of course you can stay with Calguns.

Calguns members who go to other states can educate the rest of the country to the crap we have to fight here.

You can wake up many gun owners who are asleep in "free states" to the dangers if they elect Libtards.

As bad as California is, there are worse places, like New York/Chicago.

Get yourself a NC CCW permit. Something you better pay attention to, North Carolina has tougher speed limits and penalties than we have.

Drive 16 mph over the limit here in Cali, it is a fine and one point.
Do that in North Carolina, and you may have a suspended license.

Get two speeding tickets in a year here in Cali, it costs you money

Get two speeding tickets in a year n North Carolina, it can cost you your license.

Don't know if they have "traffic schools" there.

Lived in North Carolina for a while and was shocked that driving 71mph in a 55mph (1978) could result in loss of my license.

Had a NY license at the time and I just keep my speeds under 80mph so that I because driving 25mph over the limit had enhanced points.

Nicki

NovaTodd 08-11-2011 1:09 AM

I'm leaving tomorrow for North Carolina and intend to enjoy it. We have 10 or so days to get there and plan to enjoy the drive and do some sightseeing along the way.
I plan to keep my Calguns account and try to educate people there. I already found the resident gun/hunting nut at the office the last time I was there.

BlackTydeTactical 08-11-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaTodd (Post 6940856)
I'm leaving tomorrow for North Carolina and intend to enjoy it. We have 10 or so days to get there and plan to enjoy the drive and do some sightseeing along the way.
I plan to keep my Calguns account and try to educate people there. I already found the resident gun/hunting nut at the office the last time I was there.

I assume you like it there (been a few months). My family came from there and they date back to the 1900's there. Good luck!

NovaTodd 08-14-2011 7:51 PM

Just made it into Texas today - got a late start on Friday instead of Thursday. It's going a lot slower than I remeber being able to go. However in a motorhome, towing a car, with 2 kids, my wife, and 2 dogs, I can't drive for 12 hours at a shot.

general_disarray_prk 08-15-2011 8:49 PM

All I can say is have fun finding the liquor store ;-)

NovaTodd 08-18-2011 7:27 PM

The liquor store has a big white sign with red letters that says A B C....

:D