Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calgunners in Service (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Private Military Contractor job. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=448732)

Tacit Blue 06-24-2011 9:52 PM

Private Military Contractor job.

Hello,

I've recently been pondering at the idea of trying to get a job as a PMC for companies such Triple Canopy, or SOC. So far it seems the only job i would be qualified for would be in Kuwait as a ' Force Protection Officer'.

I don't have a Military background, but i've worked Security at a DoD Contractor before. In a armed capacity. My experience equates to around 3 years; i know they usually hire prior service or SF personnel.

The money involved seems great:D But i know it will be a major change from what i'm used to. Am i being realistic about this?

Jason762 06-24-2011 10:05 PM

Maybe James over at deathvalleymag.com can help ya better.

There's also a few PMCs here too. They'll contact you... If they want to.

Tacit Blue 06-24-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason762 (Post 6655898)
Maybe James over at deathvalleymag.com can help ya better.

There's also a few PMCs here too. They'll contact you... If they want to.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully one of them will chime in.

hitman13 06-25-2011 1:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacit Blue (Post 6655843)
Hello,

I've recently been pondering at the idea of trying to get a job as a PMC for companies such Triple Canopy, or SOC. So far it seems the only job i would be qualified for would be in Kuwait as a ' Force Protection Officer'.

I don't have a Military background, but i've worked Security at a DoD Contractor before. In a armed capacity. My experience equates to around 3 years; i know they usually hire prior service or SF personnel.

The money involved seems great:D But i know it will be a major change from what i'm used to. Am i being realistic about this?

PM me with specific questions for SOC, I was a site manager for them for a while....

AJAX22 06-25-2011 1:15 PM

I'd love to work in a financial analyst/CFO role for one of those companies...

Sigh...

Tacit Blue 06-25-2011 1:27 PM

no kidding! hah

Stone Cobra 06-25-2011 9:15 PM

If you have worked a DOD contract, that is a plus. Look into contracts OCONUS that fit your qualifications. There are current contracts that are static guard positions in Iraq and A-Stan with a few companies. Go to TC's and SOC's webpages to see what positions are open and apply to them. You can also go to Secure Aspects dot com. They provide an updated list of contracting jobs worldwide. If your looking to get your foot in the door, I would check out BESF and KESF contracts that are manned by one of the previous mentioned companies.

Good luck!!!

racky 06-27-2011 4:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman13 (Post 6658141)
PM me with specific questions for SOC, I was a site manager for them for a while....

PM inbound

capo 06-27-2011 7:48 AM

I was contacted about the DynCorp job in Qatar a couple of years back...but it was like $40k or some ****. Screw that...