Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Training Class Announcements (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   CCW/LTC 16 Hour Initial/8 Hour Renewal Course, Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado & more (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=393492)

ccwtrainer 02-05-2011 8:25 PM

CCW/LTC 16 Hour Initial/8 Hour Renewal Course, Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado & more

CCW - 16 Hour Initial Course and 8 Hour Renewal Course

This CCW course certificate is accepted by Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo & Yuba Counties, the cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton & Tracy, as well as the states of Florida, Maine, Oregon & Virginia.

Course calendar: http://www.lfiguns.com/#!calendar/c1vw1

Dates:
11/09 & 11/10
- Saturday & Sunday (Renewal Course Available)
11/12 & 11/13 - Tuesday & Wednesday (Renewal Course Available)
11/23 & 11/24 - Saturday & Sunday (Renewal Course Available)
12/10 & 12/11 - Tuesday & Wednesday (Renewal Course Available)
12/14 & 12/15 - Saturday & Sunday (Renewal Course Available)
12/28 & 12/29 - Saturday & Sunday (Renewal Course Available)
01/07 & 01/08 - Tuesday & Wednesday (Renewal Course Available)
01/11 & 01/12 - Saturday & Sunday (Renewal Course Available)
01/25 & 01/26 - Saturday & Sunday (Renewal Course Available)

Times: 8:00AM - 5:00PM each day
Day 1 Location: Sac Valley Shooting Center - 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683 (DO NOT USE GPS - Follow these directions: http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html)
Day 2 Location: Sac Valley Shooting Center - 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683 (DO NOT USE GPS - Follow these directions: http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html)

16 Hour Initial Course Cost: $250
Initial Course Gun Qualifications: First gun is included, $25 per additional gun

Renewal Courses will be done on Day 2 of any initial course.

8 Hour Renewal Course Cost: $150
Renewal Course Gun Qualifications: First gun is included, $25 per additional gun

As an added benefit to you, we can help you get AZ and UT non-resident permits during/after your initial CA CCW course.

Be sure to call soon. Due to the overwhelming influx of applicants and renewals from Amador, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Stanislaus & Yuba Counties along with the City of Davis, I have been filling up fast! I will have more to come in the upcoming months.

If the dates you see here don't work for you, give me a call. A PRIVATE LESSON may be best for you.

Private / group courses are available!!

For enrollment contact me by:
Phone: (209) 401-0907
E-mail: ccwtrainer@live.com

Troygen 02-08-2011 1:07 PM

Very happy

I took this class and was very happy with it. the instructor (Wesley) was very helpful. I had a malfunction with my 1911 on the shooting day of class and Wesley met with me 2 days later to get that weapon qualified. He seems to be a very knowledgeable and understanding instructor, who is very safety oriented. Sign up you wont be disappointed.

ccwtrainer 02-11-2011 5:15 PM

Only a few spots left.

medicdude 02-12-2011 10:19 PM

Wesley, how often do you do classes? I need one, but I dont have my appt until July and I'd rather not spend 175 bucks I dont have right now. Will you be doing another in the next couple months? Thanks!

CSDGuy 02-13-2011 1:04 AM

Medicdude... not to worry. Wes will very likely be conducting classes a LOT. No, I'm not speaking for him, just an educated guess. My advice, send him an email and he'll get back to you. Perhaps you can find a class schedule that's agreeable to you.

As to the training, he's very safety conscious, and he endeavors to give you the info you need to stay out of trouble. I do recommend him as an instructor. He's one of the best instructors for CCW in Sacramento County that I've met. I've met quite a few instructors over the years, spanning various subject matters and he's pretty good.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a more passionate instructor who wants only the best for his students.

BTW, Wes: you did good last Sunday. I saw the results. :yes:

Too bad I couldn't be there. :no:

medicdude 02-13-2011 10:27 AM

thanks. i see there is one in march i may be able to attend on the calendar on his site.

saclsick6 02-13-2011 8:10 PM

I Have attended Westley's two day CCL course and I am more than impressed. A comfortable environment too learn and discuss any concerns. On range " live fire " is as safe and professional as can be expected.
Thank's again Wes

ccwtrainer 02-13-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medicdude (Post 5805611)
Wesley, how often do you do classes? I need one, but I dont have my appt until July and I'd rather not spend 175 bucks I dont have right now. Will you be doing another in the next couple months? Thanks!

I will certainly be doing several classes each month until the need for them slows down. I run all of my 16 hour initial courses in two, 8 hour days, from 8am to 5pm. I am pretty flexible with dates so, if there's something specific that you require, feel free to ask and I'll do everything I can to accommodate you.

My direct phone number is (209) 401-0907.

BigNick 02-13-2011 10:54 PM

Can you recommend someone for Placer County.

ccwtrainer 02-14-2011 6:12 AM

Me in a week or so! I'm just waiting on Placer S/O to approve me. It should be any day now.

GunFarm 02-15-2011 12:45 AM

Awesome CCW Class!

I just attended a CCW class from Wesley and I am very impressed! I can't imagine a better CCW class around! Our class was very fun! We all were encouraged to participate, ask questions and share experiences. He explained everything thoroughly with an emphasis on safety and laws that actually pertain to us. I have to say that Wes is the best instructor I've seen in the Sacramento/Stockton area. He has extraordinary shooting skills and is an accurate marksman. This guy can put his money where his mouth is. I highly recommend his classes. I am planning on scheduling a private lesson soon.

ccwtrainer 02-16-2011 9:02 PM

ANOTHER CLASS DATE 02/23/11 & 02/24/11

I just added another 16 Hour Initial CCW Course date:
Wednesday & Thursday - 02/23/11 & 02/24/11.

Same times.
Same locations.

If you call over the next 4 days and I don't answer, I'll be teaching so, just leave a message and I'll get back to you that evening.

ccwtrainer 02-17-2011 9:33 PM

Only one more spot left for this weekend!!

ccwtrainer 02-20-2011 4:47 AM

Spots available for Wednesday/Thursday.

ccwtrainer 02-21-2011 4:29 PM

:patriot: HAPPY PRESIDENTS' DAY!! :patriot:

saclsick6 02-22-2011 8:53 PM

I just finished another class with Wes. It wasn't a "CCL" class but the fundamentals of this class still apply to concield carry.
You can not go wrong with L.F.I. Training!!!!
Thank's again Wes.

ccwtrainer 02-23-2011 9:46 PM

Thanks for the endorsement. We'll have to get out on that 1,000 yard range soon for a fun/challenging rifle shoot.

NEW DATES ADDED FOR CCW COURSES!!

SixPointEight 02-23-2011 9:51 PM

Hell yea wes, lets go

jrogers23 02-24-2011 5:26 PM

Great Class

Just attended the 16 hour CCW course with Wes this last weekend and had a blast! Very educational and fun. The class is a great environment for constructive conversation.

Wes is an extremely knowledgeable instructor and runs a safe range. I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable 16 hour course. I look forward to taking more courses with Wes! Thanks for the great class!

SixPointEight 02-24-2011 9:50 PM

Last nights post was in reference to hitting up the 1000 yard range.

Anyways, I highly recommend anyone needing a CCW course take it through Wes. There are several schools out there that are cheaper, but most of those are security academies, and you're going to be lumped in with people doing their security training. You'll be trained on mace and a bunch of other bs that you don't NEED or WANT. Wes keeps his classes small, and personal. There was group discussion, and plenty of joking around to keep us entertained, but the underlying information was still there, that's where Wes earned big points. This is really a class you can have fun in and still pick up a lot of good information. That's just day one. Day two is range day, you'll spend some time going over law, and then you ease into the qualification in a very low-stress way. That way your shooting isn't influenced by the stress of NEEDING TO QUALIFY. If/when you have time after that, he'll introduce you to a couple of shooting/moving drills you should be practicing if you intend to carry anyways, afterall, if you're involved in a shoot, you're not gonna wanna stand there like a fence post.

Now that I've written an essay, I'll just say, quit thinking about it and take the class. Totally worth it.

ccwtrainer 02-27-2011 9:12 AM

Thanks JT. I always appreciate nice comments from great shooters.

By the way, shooting the wet phone books with the Gold Dot bullets was pretty cool. They expanded perfectly. Great idea to see how they work and you even got to collect a couple of souvenirs.

SixPointEight 02-27-2011 9:14 AM

I never did find any remnants of the ballistic tipped .223 haha. Just a massive hole. The Gold Dots make great paper weights on the reloading bench. Thanks for letting me do it.

45R 02-27-2011 9:18 AM

Wes- I'll be at Sac Valley the 12-13th with TLG. What range will you be on? I'd like to come by just to say hi if time permits!

Gunner636 03-01-2011 10:37 PM

I'm not one to go around posting on forums, but I feel my latest experience with Wes is worth mentioning to you other cal gunners out there looking to take a CCW class. Let me start by saying I was very nervous about the whole process, and I think it is to a lot of us (wither or not we will admit it). I was lucky enough to be guided into the class by another cal gunner and maybe this post will help you in the same way. Wes was a very very cool guy. He was great to talk to right off the bat, never made me feel uncomfortable at all. Before I was even committed to the CCW class Wes and I talked on the phone for a while just about guns and the whole CCW process and what not (I don’t know if he just likes to get to know everyone before he brings you around all his personal property, or if he is just naturally that talkative). He is the guy you want next to you when SHTF! He has a lot of life experience packed into what must be a deceptively young looking body, haha. I'm sure anyone interested in getting there CCW 16 Hr course completed would be impressed both with Wes as a person and Wes as an instructor. Some other people have already mentioned it but I guess I can do the same. He makes what could be a very DULL topic (all the gun laws) rather interesting and because its interesting you are paying attention and in return you are more likely to take something away from it. I think that was a big plus, I mean, if I have to "jump though hoops" to exercise my right to bear harms, I wouldn’t mind getting something out of it in the process. The smaller class size was another up side; it was big enough to get several points of views but not so big that you are lost in a sea of students. Day two was a lot of fun, (more fun than the first day) after all it was on the range. In the morning we went over some more specific law type items and after lunch it was shooting time. Man, I was so nervous for no reason. Wes was there to ease the nerves and make everyone feel right out home while keeping safety his top priority. Qualifying was quick and easy (for me) and after that Wes showed us some more realistic scenarios. It was my first time "tactically" firing. He setup the targets for the class to shoot at on the move. This was by far the best part of the class. I have nothing but great things to say about Wes and his CCW class. I think my g/f hates him though, apparently I wouldn’t shut up about the whole thing for several days afterwards. Its ok though, I'm pretty sure I talked her into taking his beginner firearms class! I also found out that he teaches a more "tactical" self defense type class as well, and I am really looking forward to taking that with Wes as my instructor. On top of Wes being a great teacher/instructor, he is also a stand up guy and was able to help me pick up a few accessories for my XD as well. He had great prices on ammo and holsters and other accessories. Ok, I'm done preaching about this already, my simple post turned into a novel in no time, but there was so much good I had to include it all, and I'm sure I left out some as well, like the ballistic test that JT1989 brought up, THAT WAS COOL.

ccwtrainer 03-07-2011 7:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45R (Post 5899194)
Wes- I'll be at Sac Valley the 12-13th with TLG. What range will you be on? I'd like to come by just to say hi if time permits!

45R,

Sorry for the long delay in my response. I was out at Front Sight training all last week. It was a blast!! Now, I'm back playing catch-up.

We will be in the classroom for the first half of the day and on Range 2, Bay 2 for the second half of the day (March 13th). We'll be one bay over from the IDPA competition. So close yet so far away. I wish I could find a way to participate. I actually designed one of the stages. I think I'll go shoot my stage during lunch. Anyway, it'll be great to meet you. Please do stop by.

Take care and see you Sunday!

ccwtrainer 03-15-2011 4:32 PM

More Dates + 4 Hour Renewal Course / 8 Hour Initial Course

More dates added!!
03/26 & 03/27 - Saturday & Sunday
03/31 & 04/01 - Thursday & Friday
04/16 & 04/17 - Saturday & Sunday

Keep in mind that if you need a 4 HOUR RENEWAL COURSE, you can attend Day 2 of my 16 Hour Initial Course. After we've covered the gun saftey, law and shooting proficiency portions, you can choose to call it a day or stay and participate further with the more realistic & fun shooting exercises.

The same goes for those of you who need an 8 HOUR INITIAL COURSE. You just have to stay all day and have fun with the rest of us!! I would highly recommend that you attend day one as well but, it's your choice. The price is the same either way.

Be sure to call in advance for availability - (209) 401-0907

45R 03-15-2011 5:21 PM

Didn't see you response until today....errr.

I'll stop by the next chance I get! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccwtrainer (Post 5957963)
45R,

Sorry for the long delay in my response. I was out at Front Sight training all last week. It was a blast!! Now, I'm back playing catch-up.

We will be in the classroom for the first half of the day and on Range 2, Bay 2 for the second half of the day (March 13th). We'll be one bay over from the IDPA competition. So close yet so far away. I wish I could find a way to participate. I actually designed one of the stages. I think I'll go shoot my stage during lunch. Anyway, it'll be great to meet you. Please do stop by.

Take care and see you Sunday!

ccwtrainer 03-15-2011 5:55 PM

Actually, I thought that the guy and girl couple who were watching might have been you. Guess not. I'm sure I'll get to meet you soon. Keep an eye on my calendar. You can always figure that I'll be at Sac Valley for day 2 of any of my CCW courses.

Take care.

45R 03-16-2011 7:10 AM

Sounds good! Take care.

GunFarm 03-17-2011 3:42 PM

I'll be there this weekend to qualify with my new Glock! I'm really looking forward to the fun extra-curricular shooting exercises after I qualify! See you soon, Wes!

CSDGuy 03-17-2011 4:23 PM

Wes does have that extra-curricular bonus that really does make the experience so very enjoyable. Not only do you meet the basic requirements for the CCW, you get a good, safe, supervised experience that you won't ever get in the typical range environment. You'd have to choose to compete or pay for another course before you'd get such fun stuff. Or go to an uncontrolled range...

ccwtrainer 03-19-2011 8:40 PM

Windy & rainy tomorrow. Great conditions for training!!

CSDGuy 03-19-2011 9:14 PM

As a good friend of mine says (and a bunch of his friends too): If it ain't raining, it ain't training!

ccwtrainer 03-22-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSDGuy (Post 6038799)
As a good friend of mine says (and a bunch of his friends too): If it ain't raining, it ain't training!

In that case, you'd have been a bit disappointed. We barely got sprinkled on. It actually turned out to be a beautiful day!!

The class was awesome! I love helping good people get their CCW's!

ccwtrainer 03-23-2011 5:42 PM

NEW DATES ADDED!!

GutPunch 04-18-2011 9:01 PM

I took Wes' course this weekend (4/16-4/17). I have nothing but great things to say about him and the class in general. Day one was a lot of theory and discussion on extremely relevant and topical issues. Wes did a great job of laying out the legal issues, both criminal and civil, and also talking about the personal impact of having the CCW permit. It was thought provoking and very helpful. He had a lot of helpful information and stories. But the best part was he presented the information, stated when he was giving his opinion, and was opened to discussion or disagreement. Day two started with CA Penal Codes and some more theory. We got to the range and Wes did a great job of keeping people safe while working on a hot range. The knowledge was available for someone who had little experience with fire arms to be comfortable while still allowing for class members to push themselves.

I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in the process of getting a CCW in any of the counties which he is certified or for any of the other classes he teaches. I look forward to spending more time in his classes.

CSDGuy 04-18-2011 9:40 PM

Wes has done a lot of refining his presentation. His presentation has to be a little different so that he can accommodate both 16 and 8 hour courses very easily. I've been following him since I took his class last December. If you look at the AARs of his classes, you'll see that he's been working on it the whole time to give his students the best class that he can.

Trust me, he was good when I took his class... he's only gotten better. I absolutely do recommend him for training when people ask me who to go to.

ccwtrainer 04-21-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSDGuy (Post 6229212)
Wes has done a lot of refining his presentation. His presentation has to be a little different so that he can accommodate both 16 and 8 hour courses very easily. I've been following him since I took his class last December. If you look at the AARs of his classes, you'll see that he's been working on it the whole time to give his students the best class that he can.

Trust me, he was good when I took his class... he's only gotten better. I absolutely do recommend him for training when people ask me who to go to.

I give some major thanks to you CDSguy. That conversation that we had regarding a few administrative issues provoked changes for the better. I greatly appreciate your input. I've been so busy, I haven't really had the time to follow up with you.

The main thing that I want to say is thank you!

ccwtrainer 05-04-2011 10:44 AM

:patriot:

Edneck 05-04-2011 6:51 PM

I took Wes’s class back in March. He keeps his material fresh and current. His teaching style is such that the entire class is and stays involved. One thing he does in his class that I felt was very important to all CCW holders is that he not only taught the law but he also spoke about how the courts were viewing and applying these laws in recent case’s.

The time we spent on the range may have been the most fun I have ever had. Very, Very safe and big fun. Even though we were having fun he made sure we were learning what was required. After all the requirements were met he stayed on his own time until the range closed and kept teaching us different techniques that would be very useful to us in the real world.

There are a lot of class’s out there guys and gals and there are kind of guys teaching them. Wes is truly one of the good guys out there teaching. In the past I have taken similar type classes and Wes’s class by a wide margin is the best I have ever been to.
I am really looking forward to continue my training under his instruction.

One last thing I will share with you is that when I went in for my CCW interview I brought a copy of my completion certificate as proof of training. The LEO that interviewed me noticed I had been to Wes’s class and asked for my opinion on Wes. During our conversation he went on and told me he was sending his friends that needed training to Wes since he had been hearing a lot of good comments on his class.

Folks spend the two day’s with Wes you won’t regret it.