Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Handguns Gallery (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   EDC/CCW picture thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=345851)

RollingCode3 09-24-2010 5:17 PM

EDC/CCW picture thread
 
Feel free to post your Every Day Carry (with or without guns)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3/IMG_0516.jpg



http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/IMG_1296.jpg


Extra mag
Pepperspray
Fenix LD10
Wallet
Wilderness belt

rrr70 09-24-2010 9:08 PM

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...0/IMG_0017.jpg
G30
511 belt
Crossbreed Supertuck
Emerson Karambit
Randal's RAT
Not in the picture Fox Mean Green pepper spray

zipman5150 09-24-2010 11:49 PM

EDC
 
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...0/DSC00145.jpg
Glock 19 in a Galco Combat master
Spare Mag
Spyderco Police
Victorinox tinker
ASP Pepper Spray
Surefire 6p converted to LED
Droid X
5.11 Belt
Keys
Wallet (not pictured)

KING_PALM 09-25-2010 9:14 AM

Pfl. I now don't feel bad about the amount of stuff I carry

Shady 09-25-2010 9:54 AM

hahah I was half expecting to see pics of people RAVING in this thread

Bellehood 09-25-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingCode3 (Post 5014066)
Feel free to post your Every Day Carry (with or without gun)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/IMG_0795.jpg

Ruger LCP in Galco Kydex holster
Extra mag
Pepperspray
Fenix LD10
Wallet
Wilderness belt

sweet gear aside, this picture made my day, because someone WILLINGLY wears an Army Rigger's belt every day. too funny.

gsrturboek 09-25-2010 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyJeff (Post 5017253)
hahah I was half expecting to see pics of people RAVING in this thread

man it was the same reason i clicked on this thread. I was at EDC 2009 and 2010 LOL

Jeffu 09-25-2010 1:46 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3121/...b8c9473db0.jpg

http://discotreats.com/wp-content/up...080628-284.jpg

RollingCode3 09-25-2010 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellehood (Post 5017775)
sweet gear aside, this picture made my day, because someone WILLINGLY wears an Army Rigger's belt every day. too funny.

What the heck is Army Rigger's belt? :confused: :rolleyes: That belt is made by Wilderness company and it is a gun belt.

Cyc Wid It 09-25-2010 7:23 PM

You guys carry a lot of stuff around...

hitman13 09-25-2010 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingCode3 (Post 5019499)
What the heck is Army Rigger's belt? :confused: :rolleyes: That belt is made by Wilderness company and it is a gun belt.

It's a rigger's belt to anyone that has been in the modern military....

Bellehood 09-25-2010 8:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingCode3 (Post 5019499)
What the heck is Army Rigger's belt? :confused: :rolleyes: That belt is made by Wilderness company and it is a gun belt.

they sell that EXACT belt at every PX i have been to, for $29.99, and i watched dozens of poor privates at basic buy them because they thought they were high speed, even though they have zero advantage over the free stuff we were issued.

its made by like a dozen different companies, but the design is the same, some call it a "tactical belt", blah blah blah, but its known as a rigger's belt. I hope they are no companies that are trying to pawn them off at "gun belts", its just a belt.

rrr70 09-25-2010 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellehood (Post 5019746)
they sell that EXACT belt at every PX i have been to, for $29.99, and i watched dozens of poor privates at basic buy them because they thought they were high speed, even though they have zero advantage over the free stuff we were issued.

its made by like a dozen different companies, but the design is the same, some call it a "tactical belt", blah blah blah, but its known as a rigger's belt. I hope they are no companies that are trying to pawn them off at "gun belts", its just a belt.

What is the difference between gun belt and just belt?

8200rpm 09-25-2010 9:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrr70 (Post 5019766)
What is the difference between gun belt and just belt?

Stiffness. Gun belts are typically thicker (double layer leather) or use some type of reinforcement (polyethylene sheet) to stay flat and not fold over when carrying weight.

Anyone who tries to carry 4 pound of steel and lead using a $30 metro-sexual dress up belt from the Banana Republic will quickly learn why a stiff/supportive belt is important.

j.primo 09-25-2010 10:09 PM

I live in Santa Clara County :cuss:

RollingCode3 09-25-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellehood (Post 5019746)
they sell that EXACT belt at every PX i have been to, for $29.99, and i watched dozens of poor privates at basic buy them because they thought they were high speed, even though they have zero advantage over the free stuff we were issued.

its made by like a dozen different companies, but the design is the same, some call it a "tactical belt", blah blah blah, but its known as a rigger's belt. I hope they are no companies that are trying to pawn them off at "gun belts", its just a belt.

You lost me bro. No. It is not the same. Gun belts and the one issued in the military are completely different. :rolleyes:

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepi...309&parent=142

Zdiddy 09-25-2010 11:05 PM

Seen that same belt at tuners for 39.99

rrr70 09-26-2010 4:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellehood (Post 5017775)
sweet gear aside, this picture made my day, because someone WILLINGLY wears an Army Rigger's belt every day. too funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman13 (Post 5019635)
It's a rigger's belt to anyone that has been in the modern military....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellehood (Post 5019746)
they sell that EXACT belt at every PX i have been to, for $29.99, and i watched dozens of poor privates at basic buy them because they thought they were high speed, even though they have zero advantage over the free stuff we were issued.

its made by like a dozen different companies, but the design is the same, some call it a "tactical belt", blah blah blah, but its known as a rigger's belt. I hope they are no companies that are trying to pawn them off at "gun belts", its just a belt.

:facepalm
Belt in the third post is the rigers belt. Belts in RollingCode3 and mine pictures are the belts designed for the gun carry. They are very stiff.

rrr70 09-26-2010 4:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8200rpm (Post 5020242)
Stiffness. Gun belts are typically thicker (double layer leather) or use some type of reinforcement (polyethylene sheet) to stay flat and not fold over when carrying weight.

Anyone who tries to carry 4 pound of steel and lead using a $30 metro-sexual dress up belt from the Banana Republic will quickly learn why a stiff/supportive belt is important.

That exactly what RollingCode3 (Wilderness opetator) ant mine (5.11 Operator) belts are.

iareConfusE 09-26-2010 8:54 AM

Is this thread for the few that have CCW permits, or LEO? I don't imagine a lot of people on this forum are illegally carrying a handgun on them when they go out :|

Doheny 09-26-2010 8:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE (Post 5021663)
Is this thread for the few that have CCW permits, or LEO? I don't imagine a lot of people on this forum are illegally carrying a handgun on them when they go out :|

The OP says with or without guns.

When I see a EDC thread, I like to post this guy's EDC: http://www.americanrevival.org/artic.../tacticool.htm

.

benbangui 09-26-2010 9:07 AM

for the record... i dont carry... :rolleyes:
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG_6771-1.jpg

benbangui 09-26-2010 9:14 AM

a good gun belt needs to be ridged vertically. if you ever carry, you realize this fast. a good looking gun belt is gonna cost you around $100. were as you can use a riggers style belt for $30. its a cheap alturnative. and if your concealing, no one is probly gonna see the belt anyway... if they can see your belt, there are other things you should be worried about them seeing :) assuming you dont have your weapon tucked that is :)

rrr70 09-26-2010 9:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbangui (Post 5021735)
a good gun belt needs to be ridged vertically. if you ever carry, you realize this fast. a good looking gun belt is gonna cost you around $100. were as you can use a riggers style belt for $30. its a cheap alturnative. and if your concealing, no one is probly gonna see the belt anyway... if they can see your belt, there are other things you should be worried about them seeing :) assuming you dont have your weapon tucked that is :)

Have you ever seen Wilderness or a 5.11 Operator belts?

benbangui 09-26-2010 9:32 AM

yes. i dont know why, but i just dont like 5.11...

so far ive gone with bison disign's belts there about 25 shipped vs 40 shipped :)
http://www.bisondesigns.com/

benbangui 09-26-2010 9:34 AM

i want your emerson by the way rrr70 :) haha

rrr70 09-26-2010 9:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbangui (Post 5021796)
i want your emerson by the way rrr70 :) haha

I got it for $100 :p
It saved my hide few month ago.

Spdjunkie 09-26-2010 3:16 PM

"benbangui", Could you post the specs/make/model of that light? Feedback?

Thanks, Appreciate it. :)

RollingCode3 09-26-2010 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spdjunkie (Post 5023177)
"benbangui", Could you post the specs/make/model of that light? Feedback?

Thanks, Appreciate it. :)

That is the same light I have in post #1 except that one uses two AA batteries. Pretty sure that is the Fenix LD20; mine is the LD10

benbangui 09-27-2010 8:24 AM

yep, Fenix LD20.

the reason i especially like it is its slimness. i like the legnth so it can still be used as a striking tool. but its slim enof that you dont notice it in your pocket. the LD10 is shorter and because it uses the thinker 123 batterys, it bulges in your pocket.

also i like the fact that it is simple. high output. low output. AA batterys. but still 180lum output. waterproof.

good light :)

Fenix LD20

iareConfusE 09-27-2010 4:40 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/DSC01920.jpg

thevic 09-27-2010 4:47 PM

Is that hk knife a benchmade?

NapaCountyShooter 09-27-2010 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doheny (Post 5021690)
The OP says with or without guns.

When I see a EDC thread, I like to post this guy's EDC: http://www.americanrevival.org/artic.../tacticool.htm

.

That guy's either a genius or a complete whack job, but I like him.

trickyvic 09-27-2010 5:22 PM

My EDC.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...c/DSC00945.jpg

iareConfusE 09-27-2010 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevic (Post 5029289)
Is that hk knife a benchmade?

Yeah. Mini Ascender. Made in China :D

Spdjunkie 09-29-2010 8:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbangui (Post 5026455)
yep, Fenix LD20.

the reason i especially like it is its slimness. i like the legnth so it can still be used as a striking tool. but its slim enof that you dont notice it in your pocket. the LD10 is shorter and because it uses the thinker 123 batterys, it bulges in your pocket.

also i like the fact that it is simple. high output. low output. AA batterys. but still 180lum output. waterproof.

good light :)

Fenix LD20

Thanks for the Feedback/Link, Appreciate it.

benbangui 12-28-2010 5:05 PM

nice stuff drider :)

driders set up:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...5&d=1293574845
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...6&d=1293574857




and update if anyone cares... i own both LD10 and LD20 now, and still yes the LD20 is my carry cause its slimmer and i like the legth for a striking tool :)

tomd1584 12-28-2010 7:37 PM

I currently only carry when I'm in AZ.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/x...6/HPIM0276.jpg

den888 12-28-2010 8:54 PM

Nice rigs!

Foriegn power 12-28-2010 9:24 PM

thanks benbangui, for uploading the pics I don't know why it does not show up as a picture. But thats my set up.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.