Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Official Events (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Gpal / Calguns Racing at Red Bull Grand Prix !! July 23-25 !! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=320302)

bigcalidave 07-10-2010 1:14 PM

Gpal / Calguns Racing at Red Bull Grand Prix !! July 23-25 !!

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsan..._bull_logo.jpg

Join us for the biggest event of the 2010 season for the Team Gpal / Calguns Racing AMA team!

http://www.mazdausamedia.com/files/i...rz.preview.jpg

The 2010 Red Bull Grand Prix Moto GP race is the hottest event on the 2010 MOTO GP schedule, and we will be right there racing in AMA Daytona Sportbike !! If you are going to be in the Monterey area in two weeks, come out and watch some of the best motorcycle racers in the world!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...8_b3cxb-XL.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1314.jpg

This is the big race we were promoting on www.speedsceneracing.com last week, I hope everyone got a chance to watch our interview!!

More details to follow, can't wait to see everyone out there!

Seesm 07-10-2010 1:36 PM

I hope we get tons of Cal Gunners there to promote our 2 a rights and the rest of the Constitution of this great country and such!!

Lets get a head count of who is IN!!!

leitung 07-10-2010 1:51 PM

Awesome!!... It's good to see us advertising in such a way! Whats next hopefully a CGN Nascar!

Seesm 07-10-2010 1:59 PM

Ahh Nascrap not as fun as this.... :)

bjl333 07-10-2010 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seesm (Post 4595976)
Ahh Nascrap not as fun as this.... :)

Agreed !!!

Seesm 07-10-2010 2:07 PM

Hey for those who really dig Nascar it is cool.. This is like a 2 wheel Nascar that is promoted by the same family (The France family) Very cool.

Lots of cross over between road racing and gun people. Actually more than I thought in fact.

Come meet Big Cali Dave, Artherd, ItsmrJames and myself and quite a few others. Lots of fun to finally meet some of the rest of your family. :)

AndrewMendez 07-10-2010 2:28 PM

Someone was nice enough to plug this on the CalGuns.net Facebook Page!

Seesm 07-10-2010 2:35 PM

:) Haha
btw we may have new Supersport racer Todd Grice from the Carmel Valley on board with us...

So its looks as if we will have myself #181 In Daytona Sportbike class and Todd Grice in Supersport I think in AMA he is running #931

KillZone45 07-10-2010 4:31 PM

This is too cool!!!

Seesm 07-10-2010 10:58 PM

Who is coming to be part of this... You will have fun even if you try not to!! :P

scootergmc 07-11-2010 9:58 PM

I will most certainly drop by. ;)

Seesm 07-11-2010 10:59 PM

Looking forward to it Scooter!!

So:
Bigcalidave
Atherd
itsmrjames
scootergmc....

Who else?

bigcalidave 07-12-2010 10:36 AM

Rideicon will be there as well

Seesm 07-12-2010 7:56 PM

Roll up... I have to tell you it was cool having people show up I just have seen post on here for the last few years... Monterey is a neat town and if you have a lady you want to have her let you come over she can have fun in town with her... If your looking for ladies there will be ladies from the U.S. and Europe there since its a World Championship race. Do it...

bigcalidave 07-13-2010 1:22 PM

Getting excited!! Less than 2 weeks!!!

:jump:

Seesm 07-14-2010 11:59 AM

Its next weekend btw.. :P

scootergmc 07-14-2010 1:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seesm (Post 4615640)
Its next weekend btw.. :P

Come by and grab a beer from us! Just not before your race!

stormy_clothing 07-14-2010 10:01 PM

I want to go but they herd you through a narrow opening and then the fuzz ambushes you with tickets out the azz

Moto 2 is racing and they did up one bike special for the event to race with a Hayden on board

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/34951.jpg

scootergmc 07-14-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormy_clothing (Post 4619096)
I want to go but they herd you through a narrow opening and then the fuzz ambushes you with tickets out the azz

Moto 2 is racing and they did up one bike special for the event to race with a Hayden on board

The Moriwaki Moto2 bike is for Indy. There is no Moto2 at Laguna, which is disappointing because it's so much better than MotoGP.

30rdMag 07-15-2010 5:44 AM

You should see the one off pipes we made for some of the top teams over the last few days....

Anyways.... Not heard back if any help is needed or prep work/ list has been made or done. Let me know.

I did also check Laguna's website about firearms. I saw no rules banning them, only fireworks. I think its a county park though. Anyone find a link? Suck to have uoc show up and get busted.

rtlltj 07-15-2010 7:30 AM

Nice. This is my first time going to the Moto GP. I'll be rooting for you guys. Since this is my first time going, I assume you will have a booth or some kind that I can see with my paddock pass?

30rdMag 07-15-2010 10:32 AM

What year is that bike?
Also what exhaust system is it currently running?
When was it mapped last?

30rdMag 07-15-2010 10:37 AM

Also, we should pull all stickers off the bike. And run only ones that are paying thru some program. And make sure we are signed up for the program before the event.. Hint Hint.. lol

choprzrul 07-15-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seesm (Post 4598128)
Who is coming to be part of this... You will have fun even if you try not to!! :P

I will be there Sunday the 25th. Really looking forward to this event and cheering for the 'home' team! Seriously, you gunners are really missing out if you have never watched these bikes at Laguna Seca. It is a must see event; one that should be on your 'bucket list'.

Choppers Rule, but super bikes are completely over the top!

30rdMag 07-15-2010 2:14 PM

I have a line on a super cheap Full Corsa Ti System and some dyno tuning time. Yes the world supersport exhaust....

Let me know...

Seesm 07-16-2010 10:47 PM

30 rd mag... Super cheap...? Leo has never helped me like that (Corsa) They asked if I wanted one a few years ago but the motor is near stock so not sure that woudl run any better... On the Mapping and such...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30rdMag (Post 4620953)
What year is that bike?
Also what exhaust system is it currently running?
When was it mapped last?

The bike I am riding now is (I am embarrassed to say) a 07 and it has Leo Vince Exhaust on it and was mapped at Infineon and we got a 1/2 horse more with that... We lost 6 HP changing to the spec fuel.

As far as needing help... I would say yes as your one of us and you know what your doing for sure.
Kevin is usually overwhelmed so any help would be great. Do you still have my cell #? I still have yours...

I have not been on much lately as I have been trying to get back making money as my loan mod went through (after 2 years) and I need to keep my home. :)

30 rd... I need to line some new bikes (at least 2) up if you have any ideas... :)

Seesm 07-16-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30rdMag (Post 4620970)
Also, we should pull all stickers off the bike. And run only ones that are paying thru some program. And make sure we are signed up for the program before the event.. Hint Hint.. lol

This is true... I have a few that will be ripped off for Laguna and a few going on... But not enough going on.. hint hint.. hahah.

hunteran 07-16-2010 11:35 PM

Good luck in your coming race, tell your driver that he has bigger balls than I do (and lacks that part of the brain that tells you when to be frightened). Zoom zoom.

Seesm 07-17-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunteran (Post 4630469)
Good luck in your coming race, tell your driver that he has bigger balls than I do (and lacks that part of the brain that tells you when to be frightened). Zoom zoom.

I am the racer... My balls are bigger than average... (Just kidding) I hope I have all the brain parts... This stuff is calculated risks I feel most of the time... I scare myself at times. :P Come on out if you can!!

ricochet 07-18-2010 8:02 PM

They do have a range on the property but my county ranger friend told me it's used as a campground by the track workers on events like this.

The tickets there are federal; got one before :-)

I would call "not the right place or right time" next weekend to bring firearms (or UOC) ...

And yea, dave & craig; I'll be there (check PM)

ric

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30rdMag (Post 4619885)
I did also check Laguna's website about firearms. I saw no rules banning them, only fireworks. I think its a county park though. Anyone find a link? Suck to have uoc show up and get busted.

ricochet 07-18-2010 9:06 PM

This is gonna be great !! Support CGN, support Gpal and support the racers (root for the CGN ones to win :-) First bike race for me. World championship race and meeting up w/other Cal Gunners.

Who else is going ?

Any talk of a time/place to meet up ?

FreedomIsNotFree 07-19-2010 12:25 PM

Yeah, the range at Laguna is shut down during events such as MotoGP. That area, in and around the pond, will be used for worker camping. So, no shooting this weekend. And please, don't Open Carry.

For a number of years I've worked the turns for USARM and I can tell you race weekend is amazing. Not only are the festivities at the track cool, but you need to head in to town a check out Cannery Row. The streets are blocked off for a period of time and hundreds of bikes line the street.

There are a number of tight races, in regards to point totals, so this weekend should be especially good racing.

RideIcon 07-19-2010 2:37 PM

Can't wait

stormy_clothing 07-19-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootergmc (Post 4619183)
The Moriwaki Moto2 bike is for Indy. There is no Moto2 at Laguna, which is disappointing because it's so much better than MotoGP.

Dang weaksauce - still roger lee hayden will be standing in for depu at lcr this weekend - CBR powa FTW!!!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/692...0228153421.jpg

FastFinger 07-20-2010 4:26 AM

URGENT

Any Calguns member who's going to LS this weekend - please PM BigCaliDave or me!!!!!! Thanks!

rromeo 07-20-2010 5:34 AM

Good luck this weekend Craig.

bigcalidave 07-20-2010 5:32 PM

This is my 3000th post !!! Everyone is invited to buy me a beer at the races this weekend to celebrate!!!

Seesm 07-20-2010 9:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcalidave (Post 4649412)
This is my 3000th post !!! Everyone is invited to buy me a beer at the races this weekend to celebrate!!!

Got ya covered Big Cali...

ricochet 07-20-2010 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormy_clothing (Post 4619096)

Drive to the Embassy Suites hotel in Seaside off hwy 1, take the 21 minute bus to the track. Free bus ride w/race ticket.

Let me know if ya want the details ...

stormy_clothing 07-21-2010 1:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricochet (Post 4650785)
Drive to the Embassy Suites hotel in Seaside off hwy 1, take the 21 minute bus to the track. Free bus ride w/race ticket.

Let me know if ya want the details ...

Yeah I know about the transpo, and I know people trailering but the ride in and out in a car with the bike in the back and then tip toeing into town at night and back gets kinda lame.