Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Northern California Chapters (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Central Coast Roll Call - Check in Here! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261077)

wildhawker 01-19-2010 4:42 PM

Central Coast Roll Call - Check in Here!

Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...cRegionMap.jpg

Turo 01-19-2010 8:35 PM

In SLO here! I'm pretty good at teaching noobies to shoot, and I'm up for going to the SLOSA range every now and again.

bballwizard05 01-19-2010 8:51 PM

bballwizard05

I go to school in Loma Linda, but I still live in Nipomo during breaks/summer/some weekends! I would love to see the central coast chapter get more involved in Paso gun-show and have a SLOSA range day or something!

Dont have alot of gun related talents... great people person though.

retired 01-20-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballwizard05 (Post 3669385)
bballwizard05

I go to school in Loma Linda, but I still live in Nipomo during breaks/summer/some weekends! I would love to see the central coast chapter get more involved in Paso gun-show and have a SLOSA range day or something!

Dont have alot of gun related talents... great people person though.

I'll attest to that as he and his girlfriend were nice enough that I offered to share my canopy and shooting area at Lytle for our Sept. gathering.:) Heck, that's my canopy in his avatar. lol

SikDMAX 01-20-2010 5:58 AM

In SLO here, and interested in being an area leader. Sent PM.

I'm out at SLOSA almost every weekend, and will be frequenting the glass factory off 154 more. In fact, I've started organizing a cleanup out there January 30 th, check out the link and come out!

Deadbolt 01-21-2010 8:03 PM

Deadbolt!

Santa Barbara County ( and city )

choprzrul 01-21-2010 9:34 PM

Choprzrul, Grover Beach. SLOSA every other or every third weekend. Occasionally take a newbie to Range Master in SLO to introduce them to firearms and shooting in controlled environment.

Does CG and CGF have flyers we can download and distribute at the ranges?

wildhawker 01-21-2010 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choprzrul (Post 3680908)
Choprzrul, Grover Beach. SLOSA every other or every third weekend. Occasionally take a newbie to Range Master in SLO to introduce them to firearms and shooting in controlled environment.

Does CG and CGF have flyers we can download and distribute at the ranges?

The squirrels are working up a few things we'll be contacting all of you about... soon...

anyracoon 01-22-2010 5:05 AM

South East of Soledad here. Avid reloader, bullet casting, AR builder. shoot pistol, rifle & trap/skeet. I hang out and shoot at Swiss Rifle club, Soledad Rod & Gun Club & my back yard.

Kali-Jax 01-22-2010 2:56 PM

Hey all,

Pismo Beach Area.

Will help out in any way I can.

Mike

Robidouxs 01-22-2010 6:12 PM

Out here in San Luis Obispo, slowly teaching and converting the noobs and anti's out here into new rifle shooters. SLOSA range is the way to go, usually there every 2-3 weeks.

Going to introduce someone else this weekend to rifle shooting who has never shot a gun before.

I would argue that Monterey County, San Luis Obispo County, and Santa Barbara County actually comprise the Central Coast chapter. I find that Santa Cruz County is closer to the Bay Area and Ventura County is likely closer to LA County.

Chief-7700 01-24-2010 11:07 AM

Upper Carmel Valley (Cachagua). Shoot 45's and 9's avid reloader.

rojocorsa 01-24-2010 5:13 PM

Sound off, from the heart of Monterey.

seanbo 01-25-2010 10:05 AM

Seanbo, I'm in Prunedale. I use 7.62x54r, 7.62x39, 7.62x25, 9mm, 12 gauge, 22lr, and 66cal.

Tom Slick 01-27-2010 9:20 AM

I'm in Los Osos and shoot at the SLOSA range fairly often.

I'd love to go on a varmint shoot around here and I'm looking to get into reloading if anyone wants to take a newbie (to reloading) under their wing.

I agree with Robidoux, the boundary lines for "central coast" are off.

JTecalo 01-27-2010 12:45 PM

Hollister, San Benito county

computers, shooting my garand & BHP

rp55 01-28-2010 6:54 AM

I'm in Pacific Grove. Shoot at Laguna Seca and Markley's. Sometimes go to Metcalf Range in San Jose and Reed's in Santa Clara. Shoot/reload .22LR, 9mm, .38SPL/.357MAG, .45ACP, .223/5.56mm, 30-30 and .308/7.62mm. Also shoot but do not reload (yet) 12 GA, 30-06, 7.62x54R.

goober 01-29-2010 3:25 PM

Elkhorn / Moss Landing
into diving, wheeling, camping, gunsmithing, reloading, gaming (in no particular order).

mordantly 01-29-2010 6:41 PM

Paso Robles.

Hopi 01-31-2010 4:07 PM

For those of you in SLO County, you most likely belong in the South Coast Chapter...

Join Us Here
and Here...

:D

SikDMAX 01-31-2010 4:24 PM

Borders need to be changed then.... This is pretty firmly the central coast :)

Hopi 01-31-2010 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SikDMAX (Post 3731310)
Borders need to be changed then.... This is pretty firmly the central coast :)

I am yielding to the Regions map in the OP.

wildhawker 02-01-2010 8:24 AM

If we need to adjust the map, let me know. Frankly, the folks who live/work/play there more are in a better position to guide the practical application of these chapters.

Hopi 02-01-2010 8:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildhawker (Post 3734275)
If we need to adjust the map, let me know. Frankly, the folks who live/work/play there more are in a better position to guide the practical application of these chapters.

I like the way the map is drawn. Santa Barbara County is a great epicenter for the region, exemplified by the recent Santa Barbara range cleanup where members from SLO down to South Ventura made the trip to help out....

SLYoteBoy 02-01-2010 8:33 PM

Southern Monterey County , standing by.

goober 02-01-2010 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by several SLO Co. Calgunners
"...SLO belongs in Central Coast..." (basically)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildhawker (Post 3734275)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopi (Post 3734289)
I like the way the map is drawn. Santa Barbara County is a great epicenter for the region, exemplified by the recent Santa Barbara range cleanup where members from SLO down to South Ventura made the trip to help out....

a valid argument could be made that SLO county belongs in Central Coast, demo- & biogeographically. Pt. Conception is generally considered a border between the Central and Southen regions of CA.
being that it is PC & south, SB Co. should definitely be considered Southern CA Coast.

i'm fine with the map as-is, and am not in the county in question. i'm just agreeing with the idea that technically SLO belongs in Central not Southern.

Look Wat I kAn DO ! 02-02-2010 2:06 AM

Salinas,Ca. I have many talents.

jltapia 02-02-2010 10:04 AM

I'm from Salinas, CA. I shoot .22, .223, .270, .38, .357,.40, .45, and some other ones. I build AR's. I can teach newbies how to shoot.

Hopi 02-02-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober_0 (Post 3738437)
a valid argument could be made that SLO county belongs in Central Coast, demo- & biogeographically. Pt. Conception is generally considered a border between the Central and Southen regions of CA.
being that it is PC & south, SB Co. should definitely be considered Southern CA Coast.

i'm fine with the map as-is, and am not in the county in question. i'm just agreeing with the idea that technically SLO belongs in Central not Southern.

I agree in part. Many of us Santa Barbarians also consider ourselves as part of the Central Coast. ;)

While I didn't map the regions, I do believe there to be a strategic advantage to grouping SLO with SB and Ventura counties.

That being said, the South Coast Community Chapter welcomes with open arms anybody from SLO county. :D

goober 02-02-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopi (Post 3741778)
I agree in part. Many of us Santa Barbarians also consider ourselves as part of the Central Coast. ;)

While I didn't map the regions, I do believe there to be a strategic advantage to grouping SLO with SB and Ventura counties.

That being said, the South Coast Community Chapter welcomes with open arms anybody from SLO county. :D

I figured there was probably more political and/or strategic reasoning behind the way the boundary lines were drawn... If it makes sense to keep them as-is than I'm all for it. And the SLO folks will be welcome in both Central and South Coast Community Chapters, for sure!

Hopi 02-02-2010 1:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober_0 (Post 3741806)
I figured there was probably more political and/or strategic reasoning behind the way the boundary lines were drawn... If it makes sense to keep them as-is than I'm all for it. And the SLO folks will be welcome in both Central and South Coast Community Chapters, for sure!

I think that part of issue might be the lack of major events (gun shows specifically) in the Central Coast as drawn on that map. Having SLO as part of the South Coast Chapter will allow some more participation in those events by members from SLO county. As one of the primary functions of the outreach was the gun show booths, I'm assuming that it was more natural to draw the borders in that regard.

Anybody that is interested in this discussion can PM me and we can talk about the strategy behind keeping/changing the regions. I'm open and this is certainly a community decision. Whatever works to more easily keep people up to date and get more people involved with events is the goal.

DuckDuster 02-07-2010 9:42 PM

In SLO I frequent SLOSA trap, skeet, and now five stand, interested in getting involved

SikDMAX 02-07-2010 9:49 PM

Nice, great to have you Duck!

goober 02-10-2010 12:20 AM

Hey folks-
In addition to sounding off here- there is now a Social Group for our chapter as well. As things develop we will undoubtedly find which venues/forums work best for communicating on any given topic; but by joining the social group your association with our chapter will be documented in a more effective fashion than the Roll Call thread, so please head over and join up! And please pass the word to other members in our region...

sniperdude 02-10-2010 5:29 AM

sniperdude here. I live in Watsonville which is part of the central coast. I shoot .22LR and 9mm at Laguna Seca and Markley's. Other hobbies include working on cars and going to race tracks.

Surge

goober 02-10-2010 5:54 AM

Welcome, sniperdude...we're neighbors! :cheers2:

sniperdude 02-15-2010 7:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 3784080)
Welcome, sniperdude...we're neighbors! :cheers2:

where are you located?
edit: just checked. Moss Landing area.

lobsternoob 02-23-2010 6:20 PM

Monterey area, I shoot at Laguna Seca and Markley's fairly often also. Wouldn't mind getting together with any other calgunners some time at one of those ranges. Just recently got back into shooting, was big into it when I was young, and my aim isn't what it was when my dad paid for the ammo and there were no bills for me. Then I kind of slowed down for a few years when most of my babies were stolen, lesson learned, cheap gunlocks don't work, get a safe. Slowly rebuilding and improving most of my collection, except for all the high cap mags I will probably never see again unless I move out of state. I guess we gotta work with what we got in this state huh?

No special skills to offer really. But I'm not a bad person to be around and love shooting, whether at a public range or somewhere out in the boonies going rapid fire for the sheer pleasure of it, well as long as it still hits the paper I guess. Practice makes perfect! (or at least better)

I guess this is kind of an introduction post also, since I've been lurking here but haven't really posted much since I have had nothing really productive to add to most threads. Glad to see at least there are a few calgunners in my immediate area.

goober 02-23-2010 6:29 PM

welcome, lobsternoob! to both CGN and the Central Coast Chapter...
things are slowly spinning up... watch this space and the social group for developments.

lobsternoob 02-23-2010 9:12 PM

Thanks Goober, makes me feel even more welcome here, no other gun forums are this friendly, and I assume the friendliness and professionalism means we have some good people here! Seriously, I would love to go to the range or just talk in person to some other calgunners. I will post when I'm going to do some real shooting well beforehand, it'd be great to have someone join me. All my friends won't come to the ranges usually, I guess they are a bit spoiled from living out of state.

Otherwise, I'll just enjoy the pretty gun pictures here, and be glad that the laws are made so simple by the flowcharts, hehe. I just recently showed up here and I love this site.

Oh, and I will keep watching. Love my guns, but there are other guns I'd love to have, unfortunately this is Ca, things may change though. May, and someday being keywords.