Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   On Target Range (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   On Target Indoor Range High Power Rifle usage information (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=216682)

CWM4A1 08-27-2009 10:51 AM

On Target Indoor Range High Power Rifle usage information
 
Please refer to below as the quick information to use high power rifle at On-Target Indoor Range.

1. All potential high power rifle caliber firearm shooter need to take a safety/qualification class offered by On-Target. We offer this class every Sunday morning, 9:00AM and course fee is $20. There are no exemptions or exceptions to this requirement.

2. Shooter will be brief range specific safety rule and shoot to show proficiency during the safety/qualification class. We require shooters to shoot 3 shots group that’s 5” or less at 15 yards to qualify.

3. Once qualified, one will receive a permit good for two years from the date issued. Renew is required but free upon presenting original issued rifle shooting permit.

4. Lane 16-20 are On-Target’s designated high power rifle caliber firearms shooting lanes. All other lanes are for pistol caliber only.

5. High power rifle caliber firearm shooters will be issued a target hanger before entering the range, and are required to return the hanger back when they are done shooting.

6. Any damage to the target hanger, cable, wire or light will be charge a minimum range damage fee of $50 for each item damaged.

7. Largest high power rifle caliber allowed is .338 Lapua. Any caliber larger than that please contact range safety officer first before shooting. No .50 BMG allowed.

Lyte- 08-27-2009 11:48 AM

:hurray:

CAL.BAR 08-27-2009 2:17 PM

Great range and great people

Redlinegts 10-15-2009 9:42 PM

I've always wondered this, can we let our friends, under our supervision, shoot our rifles even though they do not have a rifle card?

Vinnie 10-15-2009 9:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWM4A1 (Post 2980719)
Please refer to below as the quick information to use high power rifle at On-Target Indoor Range.

1. All potential high power rifle shooter need to take a safety/qualification class offered by On-Target. We offer this class every Sunday morning, 10:00AM and course fee is $20. There are no exemptions or exceptions to this requirement.

2. Shooter will be brief range specific safety rule and shoot to show proficiency during the safety/qualification class. We require shooters to shoot 3 shots group that’s 5” or less at 25 yards to qualify.....

Do you have (rental) rifles available for this class?

ontargetrange 10-16-2009 9:02 AM

Due to the legal liability of each shooter handling a rifle we require (the lawyers actually do) that each individual sign the liabilty forms and hear the safety briefing - some actually listen to it as well as just hear it -- so based on the liability we have with high powered rifles we require that EVERY SHOOTER must have attended the class and signed the waivers.

We do not want some AD putting this range out of business - it could happen in just an instant

We do not have rifles to rent anymore for those without the rifle cards - we did, but it was not cost effective in the long run

All -- I added a special link dealing specifically with rifles: http://www.ontargetrange.net/Policy_...ing_policy.pdf

CWM4A1 10-16-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlinegts (Post 3221210)
I've always wondered this, can we let our friends, under our supervision, shoot our rifles even though they do not have a rifle card?

Your rifle card is for your usage only. Your friend will need to take the rifle class before they are allowed to shoot high power rifle at On-Target. There will be no exceptions.

DannyInSoCal 10-01-2010 7:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontargetrange (Post 3222786)
Due to the legal liability of each shooter handling a rifle we require (the lawyers actually do) that each individual sign the liabilty forms and hear the safety briefing - some actually listen to it as well as just hear it -- so based on the liability we have with high powered rifles we require that EVERY SHOOTER must have attended the class and signed the waivers.

We do not want some AD putting this range out of business - it could happen in just an instant

We do not have rifles to rent anymore for those without the rifle cards - we did, but it was not cost effective in the long run

All -- I added a special link dealing specifically with rifles: http://www.ontargetrange.net/Policy_...ing_policy.pdf

My wife and I will be down Sunday AM to break in the new 6.8 AR build...

:D

Blockhead97 10-06-2010 5:05 PM

Geez what the heck was the caliber of that rifle that tore up your equipment!?!?

I am glad to learn that your range allows rifles, since I was just thinking if your range did or not. I plan to gladly attend your safety course, and begin to sight in a couple rifles of mine.

AmpedUp 07-16-2012 10:05 PM

3. Once qualified, one will receive a permit good for two years from the date issued.

What is the renewal process once your card has expired?

CWM4A1 07-24-2012 10:06 AM

Just need to take the lecture portion of the rifle safety class again. There is no need to pay again as long as you can produce the expired rifle permit.

xoutxkastx 07-24-2012 10:22 AM

What is the max distance of the range?

CWM4A1 07-24-2012 11:09 AM

Maximum distance is 25 yards.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.