Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calgunners in Service (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Who else is currently posting from OIF/OEF? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=148207)

Kram12085 01-25-2009 1:21 AM

Who else is currently posting from OIF/OEF?
 
Checking in from OIF LXX or whatever one we're on now :cool:

docsmileyface 01-25-2009 8:44 PM

yeah, I think its OIF 09-10, I'm here

slowjonn 01-25-2009 8:57 PM

I have no idea what either one of you just said. :confused:

foxtrotuniformlima 01-25-2009 9:11 PM

OIF - Operation Iraqi Freedom

OEF - Operation Enduring Freedom

Stormfeather 01-26-2009 7:50 AM

Im here, right beside DocSmiley, he and I are in the same unit. Where are you at Kram? We are up a Q-West.

Bicuspid76 01-26-2009 1:06 PM

Currently at Speicher.

We make it up to Q-West at least once a week.

resistor 01-27-2009 4:31 PM

Roger, out.

kermit315 01-27-2009 8:57 PM

nah, I finally got home, but I was over there a few months ago, floating around and sending E2's up to control the blvd.

stphnman20 01-27-2009 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicuspid76 (Post 1950344)
Currently at Speicher.

What a dump!

thx for your service guys!

Stormfeather 01-28-2009 7:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicuspid76 (Post 1950344)
Currently at Speicher.

We make it up to Q-West at least once a week.

Stop on in, B-Co 1-184 is on the left hand side of main street by the grab-n-go intersection. Im the Company Armorer, so im always there! Just walk back behind the CP and look for a row on conex boxes, thats the armory area! CGN'ers always welcome!

Bicuspid76 01-28-2009 7:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfeather (Post 1958841)
Stop on in, B-Co 1-184 is on the left hand side of main street by the grab-n-go intersection. Im the Company Armorer, so im always there! Just walk back behind the CP and look for a row on conex boxes, thats the armory area! CGN'ers always welcome!

Roger. Will do!

Kram12085 01-28-2009 1:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfeather (Post 1949320)
Im here, right beside DocSmiley, he and I are in the same unit. Where are you at Kram? We are up a Q-West.

Hey Stormfeather, I'm at Speicher. I'm the one who caught you for a few minutes at Camp Bob during some briefing if you remember ;)

Raider510 02-01-2009 9:34 AM

Is Q-West still the dump that it was back in 03? Also, did they finally patch up the airfield from all the craters that were made in it by us? lol

Wolfpack331 02-02-2009 4:46 PM

I bounce around between Falcon and the VBC. You guys ever come down this way?

lcpl. huynh 02-03-2009 7:07 AM

Just flew into Al Asad from Sahl Sinjar yesterday morning for retrograde! Went from Habbaniya, to Rawah, to Sahl Sinjar, and now to Camp Cupcake, living the good life in tent city. They have a real shower trailer here!

docsmileyface 02-05-2009 6:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider510 (Post 1976829)
Is Q-West still the dump that it was back in 03? Also, did they finally patch up the airfield from all the craters that were made in it by us? lol

They must have fixed those because we live about 300 meters from the runway and the roar of C-17s taking off and landing all day starting at 0600 is almost like clockwork, don't even need an alarm clock. ;)

If by dump you mean an open place with nothing to do in the middle of the desert, then yeah, its still a dump, but we've got really good chow at our d-fac compared to the other places around here and we get to sleep well at night knowing we're far, far away from anything that can hurt us, since we can see miles out in every direction.

Darklyte27 02-05-2009 9:21 AM

OSOMCAM

Operation sitting on my chair at home.

stay safe

Raider510 02-05-2009 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docsmileyface (Post 1993882)
They must have fixed those because we live about 300 meters from the runway and the roar of C-17s taking off and landing all day starting at 0600 is almost like clockwork, don't even need an alarm clock. ;)

If by dump you mean an open place with nothing to do in the middle of the desert, then yeah, its still a dump, but we've got really good chow at our d-fac compared to the other places around here and we get to sleep well at night knowing we're far, far away from anything that can hurt us, since we can see miles out in every direction.


Yeah I remember they finally got rid of the MKT and put up a decent chow hall towards the end of 03. We ran the fuel point that was on the North end of the runway, surrounded by Hesco baskets full of dirt for protection lol:thumbsup:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.