Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Competition, Action Shooting And Training. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   GSSF and CGSSA Presents: GLOCK West Coast Challenge II - Fall (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1371965)

RoundEye 08-27-2017 9:42 PM

GSSF and CGSSA Presents: GLOCK West Coast Challenge II - Fall

It's that time again, this November we'll be headed back out to the range along with 500+ of the fastest shooters in California for the second of two GSSF matches that CGSSA will be hosting this year.

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 and Sunday, November 19, 2017 we'll be hosting the The GLOCK West Coast Challenge II - Spring at Burro Canyon Shooting Park (22100 E East Fork Rd, Azusa, CA 91702) in Azusa, CA.

As always, we'll be looking for high speed (low drag) volunteers to help us set up and run the event.

VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION

If you're not familiar with GSSF matches here's a nice 17 minute video that takes you stage by stage and division by division.

I hope to see you there...

PM720 08-28-2017 10:08 PM

Count me in! :)

As usual I will offer up my Glocks for loan for anyone that would like to try a new division or if you simply do not have a Glock and want to give GSSF a try. I will be bringing my G17, G19 (loaner), G21, G26, G30, G34 Unlimited and G42 for Pocket Glock. I provide the gun and mags, you provide the ammo and entry fees! :) Make sure to bring some ID or security. Rolexs and Mini Mags will work. :)

Scott

RoundEye 08-31-2017 11:22 PM

VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION OPENS TOMORROW!

baranski 09-01-2017 4:20 PM

Signed up, looking forward to seeing y'all at Burro.

Interesting I can't seem to log Sat and Sun on registration.

RoundEye 09-01-2017 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baranski (Post 20590439)
Signed up, looking forward to seeing y'all at Burro.

Interesting I can't seem to log Sat and Sun on registration.

If you're going to work multiple days then you need to register and squad multiple times (you can use the same name and User ID).

baranski 09-01-2017 7:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundEye (Post 20590635)
If you're going to work multiple days then you need to register and squad multiple times (you can use the same name and User ID).

10-4, that worked.

liuk3 09-01-2017 8:47 PM

I'm in. Thanks.

jfdodge 09-02-2017 10:35 AM

I'm in for Saturday and Sunday pending approval from the soon to be Mrs.

baranski 09-04-2017 9:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfdodge (Post 20593352)

Need us to call?

:43:

RoundEye 10-08-2017 10:30 AM

New Promo Video...

https://vimeo.com/235988938/d232b7cf87

J_Breezy 10-15-2017 9:53 PM

This looks cool. I'm still to new to be competitive but I may come out or volunteer to spectate.

readysetgo 10-15-2017 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundEye (Post 20748557)

Fancy pants!

PM720 10-16-2017 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Breezy (Post 20779820)
This looks cool. I'm still to new to be competitive but I may come out or volunteer to spectate.

Naa, bring your Glock and have some fun! GSSF is the easiest way to get started in competitive shooting I think. You do not need ot worry about drawing from a holster or reloads on the clock. There will be many first time competitors like yourself and with the random prize awards they do it really is a level playing field. Just about everyone that has ever come to one of these "just to spectate" almost always wishes they had brought their Glock! Come on out!

Scott

ryan0320 10-16-2017 10:50 PM

signed for Friday!
Coming to compete on sunday as well !

baranski 10-25-2017 6:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Breezy (Post 20779820)

Don't miss out, it will be more fun than you imagine.:D

BadKitty 10-29-2017 8:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM720 (Post 20781027)
Naa, bring your Glock and have some fun! GSSF is the easiest way to get started in competitive shooting I think. You do not need ot worry about drawing from a holster or reloads on the clock. There will be many first time competitors like yourself and with the random prize awards they do it really is a level playing field. Just about everyone that has ever come to one of these "just to spectate" almost always wishes they had brought their Glock! Come on out!

Scott

I agree. I was a first time shooter/competitor at the last CalGuns GSSF event and the staff made everything safe, easy and fun. If you tell the range safety that it's your first time, they will be more than happy to explain the course of fire to you and help you with score sheets and such. The courses of fire weren't overly complicated - basically just point and shoot. No holster draws, no moving around, and no reloading mid-string. These GSSF events are a great way to get started in shooting competitions.

PM720 10-30-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadKitty (Post 20838582)
I agree. I was a first time shooter/competitor at the last CalGuns GSSF event and the staff made everything safe, easy and fun. If you tell the range safety that it's your first time, they will be more than happy to explain the course of fire to you and help you with score sheets and such. The courses of fire weren't overly complicated - basically just point and shoot. No holster draws, no moving around, and no reloading mid-string. These GSSF events are a great way to get started in shooting competitions.

Yep, just like that. It just seems like I point at the targets and the bullets go someplace else! :facepalm: LOL! But you did make a great point, GSSF is a great way to get started in competition shooting. Because there is no movement or drawing from a holster or reloads on the clock and you are under close supervision from the ROs it is very safe as well. Chad has assembled a great experienced staff of ROs that are really into making sure everyone has a great time. Come shoot, it will be fun!! :D

utc 11-02-2017 12:41 PM

I'll be there.

baranski 11-03-2017 6:33 PM

TWO WEEKS!!!

davids540i 11-04-2017 10:10 PM

Just became a Glock owner again last weekend! I sold two several years ago; regret letting go of the G23.

I plan to shoot on Saturday morning as Amateur Civilian; first GSSF event ever. Mailing in my membership and registration on Monday.

Looking forward to this!

M1NM 11-05-2017 5:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfdodge (Post 20593352)

You need to get her trained before the soon to be part.

baranski 11-05-2017 6:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davids540i (Post 20865040)
Just became a Glock owner again last weekend! I sold two several years ago; regret letting go of the G23.

I plan to shoot on Saturday morning as Amateur Civilian; first GSSF event ever. Mailing in my membership and registration on Monday.

Looking forward to this!

Awesome, welcome back, stop by and see me at Glock'M

subaruwrx 11-09-2017 6:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundEye (Post 20587727)
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION OPENS TOMORROW!

Not sure if I read the email that was sent out today correctly...

If we're only volunteering one day out of the the three and we want to compete on the same day as we are volunteering it has to be on Friday, correct?

Also, the email said put "me down as the referring member" for new GSSF members/competitors, but there was no signature on the email/return email address. Was it you that sent it Chad?

RoundEye 11-09-2017 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruwrx (Post 20886116)
Not sure if I read the email that was sent out today correctly...

If we're only volunteering one day out of the the three and we want to compete on the same day as we are volunteering it has to be on Friday, correct?

Also, the email said put "me down as the referring member" for new GSSF members/competitors, but there was no signature on the email/return email address. Was it you that sent it Chad?

Those working two days one of which is Friday will be able to shoot the match Friday afternoon if they would like. If you’re only working Saturday and Sunday we will allow you time off to shoot the match. If you’re only working one day we ask that you shoot the match on your non-working day.

The new member drawing is not available until the match. They’ll be a sheet at registration.

Yes, I was the one that sent the email.

baranski 11-14-2017 5:59 PM

Just a few days to go. looking forward to seeing everyone again!

blackfalcon 11-14-2017 8:53 PM

Which day tends to be more crowded, Saturday or Sunday?

PM720 11-15-2017 9:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackfalcon (Post 20906724)
Which day tends to be more crowded, Saturday or Sunday?

Historically Saturday is the busier day but lately it seems like people have figured that out and a lot come on Sunday so it can be a crapshoot either way. I bet that was helpful eh? :D I will say that the match runs very smooth and if you are only shooting a few divisions you will likely be done in a couple of hours. Hopefully you pre-entered. If not get there early as the sign-in line can get rather long.

Scott

lexo98 11-15-2017 3:31 PM

Sales?

Will there be any Merch for sale? I dont have my Glock yet. Im supposed to start a transfer tomorrow but have to wait the 10days.

PM720 11-15-2017 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexo98 (Post 20909658)
Will there be any Merch for sale? I dont have my Glock yet. Im supposed to start a transfer tomorrow but have to wait the 10days.

Good question. I don't think there has been anyone selling in the past but I'm pretty sure there will be some ammo for sale. :)

Scott

dennis9288 11-15-2017 7:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM720 (Post 20781027)

Scott

Grab your Glock and go. It's a great event.
I participated two years ago and was thinking the same thing. It's a very friendly and supportive group.

utc 11-15-2017 10:04 PM

What time should I arrive to register (Saturday,) if I want to shoot amateur civilian and heavy metal?

sitruc 11-15-2017 10:06 PM

Howdy, volunteering for Saturday and Sunday. First time going to any official competition, let alone a GSSF event.

My 26 is too modified to enter into competition, so I will only be volunteering and not shooting. I was wondering, however, if anyone had experience using glock sight tools and would be willing to help me install night sights on my 26?

See you all in a few days!

leman77 11-15-2017 10:08 PM

Sitruc, i'm pretty sure the on site glock armorer can put those night sights on for you. Last match he put on an extended slide release for me. Just take your parts with you.

baranski 11-16-2017 5:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leman77 (Post 20911317)
Sitruc, i'm pretty sure the on site glock armorer can put those night sights on for you. Last match he put on an extended slide release for me. Just take your parts with you.

This is in fact the case.

Why not just run the 26 in unlimited and at least have some fun?

Darryl Licht 11-16-2017 6:23 AM

I cannot wait for this! I took Friday off from work just to volunteer again, because it is THAT MUCH FUN! We always get new shooters at GSSF competitions, so if you are "on the fence" about it, come on over... you will not regret it!

My only worry is that rain is looming in the forecast for Friday! (setup day)

PM720 11-16-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sitruc (Post 20911310)
Howdy, volunteering for Saturday and Sunday. First time going to any official competition, let alone a GSSF event.

My 26 is too modified to enter into competition, so I will only be volunteering and not shooting. I was wondering, however, if anyone had experience using glock sight tools and would be willing to help me install night sights on my 26?

See you all in a few days!

Bring ammo and you can use my G17. :)

Scott

PM720 11-16-2017 4:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Licht (Post 20911848)

My only worry is that rain is looming in the forecast for Friday! (setup day)

Accuweather is saying slight chance in the morning then parly cloudy and mid 70's all weekend. Sounds PERFECT!

Scott

Steamboatsig 11-16-2017 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM720 (Post 20573006)
Count me in! :)

As usual I will offer up my Glocks for loan for anyone that would like to try...

Scott

Wow! Thanks Scott. I signed up for Sunday! I would love to try the G26. Thanks again.

Conrad

baranski 11-18-2017 8:18 PM

First day was awesome, what a great treat to have the Young Marines there helping us out.

tencreations_ar888 11-18-2017 8:24 PM

Thanks. To the volunteers who setup on Friday and to those who worked today to make it run smoothly and efficiently. It was a great first GSSF experience, wish I could say the same for my scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro