Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Range Cleanups (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Santa Barbara Glass Factory - OCT 1st!!! Sponsors In Place!!!! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=475056)

Deadbolt 09-06-2011 2:35 PM

Santa Barbara Glass Factory - OCT 1st!!! Sponsors In Place!!!!

*looks at watch

well shhhhhiiiiitttttt..... I suppose we're due. Anyone currently attending CC or UC want to talk flyers and promo on the campuses ?

Timewise, maybe first week in OCT? what works for everyone ?

OCTOBER 1ST -> GLASS FACTORY RANGE CLEAN UP!!!!!

Huge Cheers for you guys pulling together the sponsors :clap:

venturasurf 09-06-2011 2:59 PM

1st week on OCT is good for me. I'll be there with the family and a pickup truck and shovels.

gtturborex 09-06-2011 8:54 PM

I'm generally down for whenever as long as we have advanced notice. I thought we were waiting for Craig to set this one up?

Oh well, let's do this...

ckprax 09-07-2011 10:59 AM

I should be able to make it. I haven't been to the glass factory since the last clean up but I'm sure there is plenty to clean.

Does anyone else prefer Saturday over Sunday?

gtturborex 09-07-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckprax (Post 7108606)
I should be able to make it. I haven't been to the glass factory since the last clean up but I'm sure there is plenty to clean.

Does anyone else prefer Saturday over Sunday?

Saturday is fine with me. I think we went with Sunday last time because the majority wanted it. Either day is good.

Deadbolt 09-07-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtturborex (Post 7106141)
I'm generally down for whenever as long as we have advanced notice. I thought we were waiting for Craig to set this one up?

Oh well, let's do this...

Ooops! Didn't realize, i'd happily defer to his schedule

venturasurf 09-07-2011 1:44 PM

Saturday is definitely best for me.

gtturborex 09-07-2011 1:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadbolt (Post 7108752)
Ooops! Didn't realize, i'd happily defer to his schedule

It was supposed to take place sometime in August though. I'm sure he will chime in here. Let's get it setup in the mean time.

ckprax 09-07-2011 2:41 PM

I will put the word out to the Santa Barbara Gun Club on Facebook once we decide on a date. Last time that got at least 2 people to show up. School will be starting up again so hopefully we can get a few more.

Deadbolt 09-07-2011 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckprax (Post 7109815)
I will put the word out to the Santa Barbara Gun Club on Facebook once we decide on a date. Last time that got at least 2 people to show up. School will be starting up again so hopefully we can get a few more.

This is why im suggesting an Oct date. No mid terms and no holidays.

Students also generally need an excuse like this to bring up the topic of firearms since this town's UC culture is essentially anti-gun (at the college / new college student age level at least it is).

Perhaps we should consider tailoring one event a year (or semester?) specifically to getting college students involved?

dougolupski 09-07-2011 7:55 PM

Well Im in for Oct., dont have a real good clean up car though. The mini cant fit to much in it but I got a shovel and a good back.
Doug

gtturborex 09-08-2011 5:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 7111759)
Well Im in for Oct., dont have a real good clean up car though. The mini cant fit to much in it but I got a shovel and a good back.
Doug

Thats all you need generally for these events. Well maybe some gloves...

The last few cleanups we've had outstanding support from Marborg. They have donated dumpsters to us. Hopefully this can happen again.

I think we need to get more word out this time. Fliers need to go out to the local gun shops and definitely need to go out at the range itself as a fair warning. I think there are some fliers in one of the other threads for the Glass Factory. I will get some of those printed up and make sure they are posted at my local shop.

We just need a set date...

ckprax 09-08-2011 8:58 AM

I think either the first or second weekend in October would be best since midterms usually fall right around Halloween. Get it early before students have much of a workload.

Can we post a flier in this thread? I will print some out and bring them to the local shops here in Goleta, SB.

Deadbolt 09-08-2011 10:26 AM

if we can get the date ok'd w/ Craig then I can whip up some nice, saucy, enticing fliers asap.

Nate 09-08-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadbolt (Post 7114542)
if we can get the date ok'd w/ Craig then I can whip up some nice, saucy, enticing fliers asap.

I will text him and let him know.

Which Way Out 09-10-2011 9:37 AM

Guys I'd like to help but I will be at Lake Havasu the first weekend of OCT. and the second weekend fishing Bishop Creek and other waters nearby.

That's the Good Bad and the Ugly. Sorry

uyoga 09-10-2011 9:31 PM

I'd like to help out as I am able. Willl keep monitoring this thread.

vintagearms 09-10-2011 9:37 PM

Anything but the weekends of the 8th (avo fest) and the 15th (have photoshoot with Robert Downey Jr.). Other than those dates, Im good.

gtturborex 09-13-2011 7:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 7115113)
I will text him and let him know.

Hey Nate, have we got a hold of Craig yet? We need to lock down the date soon if it is the first weekend of October.

Thanks,
Mike

Cummins_Powered 09-13-2011 11:54 AM

Hey guys, I will certainly be there to help out. I missed the last one unfortunately so Ill make sure to get to this one.

I go to the UC as well so if you guys want to get some fliers together i could post them around school and such.

Deadbolt 09-13-2011 2:30 PM

Oct 1st might be a little tight now. I originally posted this thread to gauge interest - looks like there is some, lets see what Nate comes back with.

ckprax 09-13-2011 6:53 PM

Seems like there is some interest in the clean up, I vote for Saturday the 8th.

Nate 09-15-2011 7:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtturborex (Post 7142410)
Hey Nate, have we got a hold of Craig yet? We need to lock down the date soon if it is the first weekend of October.

Thanks,
Mike

I talked to him on Monday. He said he was going to try and log on this week. He's a contractor and had surgery on his knee about a month ago. He's been real busy now that he's moving around again.

gtturborex 09-16-2011 5:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 7159585)
I talked to him on Monday. He said he was going to try and log on this week. He's a contractor and had surgery on his knee about a month ago. He's been real busy now that he's moving around again.

Sorry to here that. I hope he gets better soon. Thanks for your help!

KidnK9s 09-16-2011 8:38 AM

oct 1st clean-up

Nate got a hold of me... I've made some calls and will post ASAP... The 1st of Oct. sounds good to me. More to follow... Thanx for all of the support for the Glass Factory...!

gtturborex 09-16-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidnK9s (Post 7161770)
Nate got a hold of me... I've made some calls and will post ASAP... The 1st of Oct. sounds good to me. More to follow... Thanx for all of the support for the Glass Factory...!

Great! Thanks again Craig!!

dougolupski 09-18-2011 10:35 AM

I was up there on saturday and she was dirty. Lots of blown burned up monitors and tv's. A-hole blew up a refirgerator as well while I was there.

Cummins_Powered 09-18-2011 6:05 PM

Im very open, so any weekend day works for me. Ill keep checking back, this will be my first time im around for a cleanup so i definitely want to be there to help out.

Deadbolt 09-19-2011 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 7172688)
I was up there on saturday and she was dirty. Lots of blown burned up monitors and tv's. A-hole blew up a refirgerator as well while I was there.

classly

dougolupski 09-19-2011 2:15 PM

Yep, like my buddy tells me. Get there early to shoot with the locals. Get there late to get shot by the ruffians. Yeah the guy had a full auto machine gun and a couple propane tanks he blew up.

venturasurf 09-19-2011 2:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 7180025)
Yep, like my buddy tells me. Get there early to shoot with the locals. Get there late to get shot by the ruffians. Yeah the guy had a full auto machine gun and a couple propane tanks he blew up.

Was that this Saturday? The guys on the left hand range blasting away full auto with the propane tanks and balloons everywhere?

jak77 09-19-2011 2:35 PM

I would totally join you guys, but sadly im not in the area after I graduated from UCSB last summer. Did participate in one cleanup while I was there. That place needs if often as it gets trashed quick by the idiots. Kudos to deadbolt for always getting things going with this. I always liked shooting tter and miss having a place to go without a bunch of "rules" other than the basic gun safety rules

Deadbolt 09-19-2011 2:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 7180025)

sadly the case. Any non-clean up day, and you should try to be packed and rolling out by 11:30am. Between 11 and noon the goons usually roll in with beer and the tvs.....

dougolupski 09-19-2011 2:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venturasurf (Post 7180109)
Was that this Saturday? The guys on the left hand range blasting away full auto with the propane tanks and balloons everywhere?

Yep it was this Saturday. I was the inadvertent dick knocking down clays who made fun of the .410 shotgun. I was a "that guy" this weekend. My bad if you are who I think you might be Ventura.

I agree and my friend stated the same rule. In by 8 out by 11 to avoid the shenanigans.

venturasurf 09-19-2011 3:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 7180243)
Yep it was this Saturday. I was the inadvertent dick knocking down clays who made fun of the .410 shotgun.

You!!!! lol

:p

I was there with the three other guys (two of them very noobish) and a bunch of commie guns and an AR - we were the ones plinking at that steel I-beam about 250 yards up the hill. We got there at 8 and bugged out by 11 just when the yayhoos with the rapid fire and propane were getting started.

Fun morning but I agree - the shmucks really come out of the woodwork at noon there.

Deadbolt 09-19-2011 3:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venturasurf (Post 7180333)
You!!!! lol

:p

I was there with the three other guys (two of them very noobish) and a bunch of commie guns and an AR - we were the ones plinking at that steel I-beam about 250 yards up the hill. We got there at 8 and bugged out by 11 just when the yayhoos with the rapid fire and propane were getting started.

Fun morning but I agree - the shmucks really come out of the woodwork at noon there.

just to be clear, if i recall correctly, laser range finder put the location where the metal tanks / plates are usually placed around 125yrcs. (it appears much further bc of elevation change)

dougolupski 09-19-2011 3:47 PM

Nope I didn't directly insult your man hood. I got there just as you were leaving. I had gone shooting at Shooters Paradise on Friday night and decided to do the yahoo run on Saturday.

You missed it then, the guys at lowers through one of there tanks in a refrigerator on the hill and blew it up.

venturasurf 09-19-2011 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 7180576)
Nope I didn't directly insult your man hood. I got there just as you were leaving. I had gone shooting at Shooters Paradise on Friday night and decided to do the yahoo run on Saturday.

You missed it then, the guys at lowers through one of there tanks in a refrigerator on the hill and blew it up.

Oh okay I think I remember you then.

I'm surprised nobody said anything to them for blowing up a refrigerator, it was bad enough when they were spraying everything full auto and drawing attention. Lemme guess... they left the fridge guts there on the range too. People are idiots.

venturasurf 09-19-2011 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadbolt (Post 7180524)
just to be clear, if i recall correctly, laser range finder put the location where the metal tanks / plates are usually placed around 125yrcs. (it appears much further bc of elevation change)

Maybe a different spot? There's that ditch then another rise where the people put the plates and tanks out which looks 100ish yards - then further on up I'm talking about way at the top of the hill where there's hardly any backstop left where the deer usually run across. I want one of those laser rangefinders!

dougolupski 09-19-2011 5:05 PM

It was in alot of pieces so I would imagine theres some there for us to pick up. The full auto really surprised me. I am scared S@!T less of a gun felony. Running that is just asking for one.