Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Non-California Permits/Licenses (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=378)
-   -   Virginia online ccw permit (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1421035)

Mr.Donut 01-30-2018 5:22 PM

Virginia online ccw permit
 
Hello everyone I am just curious if anyone has attained a non resident ccw permit from Virginia through online classes Iíve done some research and it seems legit just wondering if anyone has actually done it from California?
Also I realize it wouldnít be recognized here at all. Thanks in advance

K001 01-30-2018 5:45 PM

My Utah & Arizona non resident permits give me 34 states, which includes Virginia, I recommend going this route for ease of applications with no live firing required.

scbauer 01-30-2018 6:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K001 (Post 21221592)
My Utah & Arizona non resident permits give me 34 states, which includes Virginia, I recommend going this route for ease of applications with no live firing required.

^^^ this

Mr.Donut 01-30-2018 6:02 PM

K001 thanks for the reply. would you please give me some info of the process and where to find the online courses that you used?

38Special 01-30-2018 6:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Donut (Post 21221646)
K001 thanks for the reply. would you please give me some info of the process and where to find the online courses that you used?

May I suggest you visit the AZ CCW site and read the requirements listed.
Many CA residents have AZ CCW's without any online courses.

AZ CCW

97F1504RAD 01-30-2018 6:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38Special (Post 21221733)
May I suggest you visit the AZ CCW site and read the requirements listed.
Many CA residents have AZ CCW's without any online courses.

AZ CCW

Yep AZ will allow u to carry in Virginia.

Mr.Donut 01-30-2018 6:34 PM

I may have confused my question Iím sorry what I mean is: Although I Live in California I am interested in a non resident ccw issued by Virginia specifically for the convinience that they offer the courses online with no range time. Has anyone done this or something similar? If so which websites and Steps did you take?

K001 01-30-2018 6:47 PM

Research online, local CCW classes...they are offered by many certified trainers all over the state.

38Special 01-30-2018 6:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Donut (Post 21221791)
I may have confused my question Iím sorry what I mean is: Although I Live in California I am interested in a non resident ccw issued by Virginia specifically for the convinience that they offer the courses online with no range time. Has anyone done this or something similar? If so which websites and Steps did you take?

As stated you can use a AZ CCW in Virginia. You may already have the requirements met for a AZ with no need for a online class.

metalsculptor 02-17-2018 9:29 AM

Yes, I took the online course and submitted Virginia NR Application. Had to have prints taken twice at Culver City PD as supposedly FBI couldn't read first set. Finally received permit last month. Good in about 30 states. If House bill were to pass Senate as written, California would be forced to accept it even for California residents

wannabefree 02-17-2018 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalsculptor (Post 21295066)
Yes, I took the online course and submitted Virginia NR Application. Had to have prints taken twice at Culver City PD as supposedly FBI couldn't read first set. Finally received permit last month. Good in about 30 states. If House bill were to pass Senate as written, California would be forced to accept it even for California residents

Don't hold your breath because it is not guaranteed that non resident permits would qualify for reciprocity California would probably just stop issuing all together.
Don't get me wrong I hope it would be true but my gut tells me it will be tied up in the courts for years.

metalsculptor 02-17-2018 10:35 AM

According to an article I read by one of the sponsors of the House Bill that passed, it absolutely applies to N/R permits and would apply anywhere in US even in NY and Cali. I agree that the likelihood of Senate passage is a long shot at best. See q & a. https://www.concealedcarry.com/natio...y-reciprocity/

aghauler 02-17-2018 8:48 PM

From the AZ CCW permit page.

"Some states only recognize permits from persons who are a resident of the issuing state the AZ CCW"

So even though you have one of these "online" NON resident CCW's from State X, it might not be "valid" in some states if you are not a resident of the issuing state?

K001 02-17-2018 8:52 PM

That is one of the reaaons why I have the Arizona non resident permit as well as Utah :)

Cokebottle 02-17-2018 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghauler (Post 21297344)
From the AZ CCW permit page.

"Some states only recognize permits from persons who are a resident of the issuing state the AZ CCW"

So even though you have one of these "online" NON resident CCW's from State X, it might not be "valid" in some states if you are not a resident of the issuing state?

Correct.
Colorado, South Carolina, and Florida are three states that do not recognize non-resident permits.

BTW: AZ does not require range time/live fire.
An NRA hunter safety course or basic handgun qualifies for AZ, but AZ does not accept online training.

Cokebottle 02-17-2018 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalsculptor (Post 21295324)
According to an article I read by one of the sponsors of the House Bill that passed, it absolutely applies to N/R permits and would apply anywhere in US even in NY and Cali. I agree that the likelihood of Senate passage is a long shot at best. See q & a. https://www.concealedcarry.com/natio...y-reciprocity/

Still has to pass the Senate, and then the two bills are reconciled before going to Trump for his signature.

The author of AB38 stated that his intent is for non-resident permits to qualify, but that may not survive the next two steps... if it doesn't stall out completely in the Senate.

aghauler 02-17-2018 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cokebottle (Post 21297374)
Correct.
Colorado, South Carolina, and Florida are three states that do not recognize non-resident permits.

BTW: AZ does not require range time/live fire.
An NRA hunter safety course or basic handgun qualifies for AZ, but AZ does not accept online training.

Thank you for that info, been in New Mexico 10 months now and still haven't had time to do in depth research on NM gun laws. Too many other issues to deal with.

Wonder if my CA DOJ Firearm Safety Certificate works for any of the requirements? :rolleyes:

Cokebottle 02-17-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghauler (Post 21297492)
Thank you for that info, been in New Mexico 10 months now and still haven't had time to do in depth research on NM gun laws. Too many other issues to deal with.

Be sure to read up on them.
While a permit holder can even carry in a bar in AZ as long as they aren't drinking (and can drink in NV as long as they are not under the influence), in New Mexico, a permit holder may not enter an establishment that sells other than wine or low-point beer.
No carrying in Chili's, Outback, or even Applebee's

Quote:

Wonder if my CA DOJ Firearm Safety Certificate works for any of the requirements? :rolleyes:
Doubtful

bengals 03-31-2018 6:59 PM

Yes, I did it through concel online course but I also am certified through my private range via range officer deemed holster certified as well. I sent theim a copy of that, my CA Hangun and rifle card, my life membership of nra as a patriot member etc and frankly it took from April to August to get it but I did.mines good for 5 years and 31 states
Good luck and above all be patient

Kevinjanko 04-06-2018 8:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Donut (Post 21221514)
Hello everyone I am just curious if anyone has attained a non resident ccw permit from Virginia through online classes Iíve done some research and it seems legit just wondering if anyone has actually done it from California?

Also I realize it wouldnít be recognized here at all. Thanks in advance



Mr. Donut. I am an NRA instructor in the South Bay LA area and offer non- resident permit classes for Arizona, Florida and Utah. Please check out my website at www.completegunsafety.com for more information. Please feel free to contact me should you have questions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idlplumb 05-01-2018 11:44 PM

I got a VA permit....took about 5 months to get though. Online class, ink prints, notarized app and passport style photos plus $100 mail order and then just wait around for the permit.

metalsculptor 05-05-2018 12:13 AM

I got the VA permit as well, took many months as I had to resubmit fingerprints.

Yerman 05-06-2018 10:10 PM

Just got mine today. Submitted in October. Used Rocket CCW.

3rd_gear 05-07-2018 6:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalsculptor (Post 21604502)
I got the VA permit as well, took many months as I had to resubmit fingerprints.

How long from initial mailing to notification that you needed to re submit finger prints?

3rd_gear 07-02-2018 8:04 PM

Yay!
Got my Virginia permit today.
Mailed in the application first week of February. A little under five months.

californiakid 08-25-2018 3:39 PM

I too received my Va ccw about 6 months ago. The big question should be, what states allow non-residents to conceal carry on their states.

Cokebottle 08-25-2018 4:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by californiakid (Post 22039600)
I too received my Va ccw about 6 months ago. The big question should be, what states allow non-residents to conceal carry on their states.

The only reciprosity difference between VA and AZ is that AZ allows for carry in Delaware.


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...1&d=1535239444


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.