Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   O.C. Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   Where to Get Ammo in Orange County (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=639386)

ThePerfectExposure 11-03-2012 11:47 AM

Where to Get Ammo in Orange County

I am looking to buy 5.56 ammo at decent prices in Orange County. Any suggestions?

Armed24-7 11-03-2012 1:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePerfectExposure (Post 9646817)
I am looking to buy 5.56 ammo at decent prices in Orange County. Any suggestions?

I haven't found any great places. I have found it is cheaper to shop around online, despite shipping charges.

If there is a good place in OC, I would love to know about it.

Fred 11-03-2012 7:29 PM

5.56 ammo

I haven't found any reasonable prices locally either, so the online suggestion is a good one. By the way, you can go to ar15.com to the ammunition forum to check out current ammo specials. There is a sticky near the top where folks will post ammo deals they have found.

Dark Paladin 11-04-2012 10:04 PM

As others have said, order online is the way to go. Watch out for Sportsman Guide as they are squirrelly about shipping to OC. Sometimes they'll allow it, sometimes they won't. Personally I prefer Palmetto State Armory.

Alternatively, check the Ammo section for local Calgunners selling their stash. Sometimes you can find decent prices there.

Russ Florian 11-13-2012 7:44 PM

There's a gun show comming up at the OC Fairgrounds nov 24-25
That's where I get my best buys, at shows

Cruznegao 11-13-2012 7:50 PM

There is a member from Tustin (Dark Mod IIRC) that does group buys every once in a while. I haven't personally bought but keep hearing that the ammo is good.
I will def be on the next buy.

Also, you can check www.gun-deals.com. People will post deals and it break the cost per round with shipping

repo4sale 11-14-2012 5:01 AM

good AMMO SEARCH ENGINE IS WWW.AMMOSEEK.COM

I HAVE USED THIS INFO SOURCE 2-3X/WEEK TO KEEP UP ON PRICES...

djlanman 11-14-2012 7:59 PM

Field Time Target

I work around the corner from this range and go there once a month. When I was there a couple months ago, they had bags of 50 up to cans of 1000. As you go higher up in the 500 round range, they are very close to the gun show prices for reloads. Plus, they are local. I bought a bag of 50 and didn't have a problem with any of them.

http://www.fieldtimetargetandtraining.com/ammo.html

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a patron. I do plan on going to the gun show on Black Friday just to compare.

repo4sale 11-15-2012 4:44 AM

FIELD TIME TARGET & TRAINING

DO YOU GUYS WANT A "CALGUNS" NIGHT SHOOT HERE? I ASKED THE OWNER LIKE 5 TIMES FOR 2 HOURS AT CLOSING FOR LIKE $5 TO $10/NIGHT. THIS PLACE IS THE NEWEST AND MOST "5 STAR" PLACE I HAVE BEEN........

Quote:

Originally Posted by djlanman (Post 9725333)
I work around the corner from this range and go there once a month. When I was there a couple months ago, they had bags of 50 up to cans of 1000. As you go higher up in the 500 round range, they are very close to the gun show prices for reloads. Plus, they are local. I bought a bag of 50 and didn't have a problem with any of them.

http://www.fieldtimetargetandtraining.com/ammo.html

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a patron. I do plan on going to the gun show on Black Friday just to compare.

jctheguy 11-15-2012 5:07 AM

Got tired of looking....so I started reloading!! Way cheaper to feed my addiction. Also check out Wally World. Least expensive for ammo in my opinion (if they have it in stock).

SA227driver 11-18-2012 2:32 PM

I've used Surefire Manufacturing. They're based out of the San Fernando Valley and are at all the gun shows. They usually have 400 round bulk boxes of .223 for around $115, before tax. Good stuff, I've used their 9mm, .45acp, and .223 for range use and haven't been disappointed.

Ninety 11-19-2012 12:42 AM

That's a great price... brass correct? and speaking of ammo.. is there any nickle plated 223 out there?

CityHunt3r 11-19-2012 9:25 PM

so.. just out of curiousity... whats considered the goign rate/price for a 223 round now adays?

SubieRX 12-10-2012 12:57 PM

I'm relatively new to the .223 game, but from what I've seen online, $0.339 / rd is a decent price. Anything less than that and I'll usually pick some up even if I don't need it. This is for brass cased ammo. Wolf ammo is cheaper of course...

Bumslie 12-13-2012 8:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznegao (Post 9718864)
There is a member from Tustin (Dark Mod IIRC) that does group buys every once in a while. I haven't personally bought but keep hearing that the ammo is good.
I will def be on the next buy.

Also, you can check www.gun-deals.com. People will post deals and it break the cost per round with shipping

I've been on the Group buy. Yes, Dark Mod runs it. He purchases it from another Member Bullet_man911. Serge is a great guy and I highly recommend his stuff. Sadly .223 has not been avail the last few group buys.

gun-deals.com
ammoseek.com are great sources to seek for cheapest stuff.

Cabellas has free shipping right now.
Freedom munitions and Ventura munitions are also awesome.

Best bet is to reload yourself. I'm getting a press in 2 weeks!

Blastin_Bob 02-07-2013 4:33 AM

HB walmart has some .223 Tulammo and American Eagle in stock this morning. limit 3 The AE was still 8.07 a 20 box when I bought some on Tuesday

timcorexxx 03-21-2013 12:02 AM

I have been literally to pretty much every gun shop I south Orange County and there's nothing anywhere, not even 9mm really. Sux so ya Internet is your best bet if u wanna pay way more or if you wanna wait 6 months. I ordered 800 rounds of 5.56 about 6 months ago from sportsman guide and haven't gotten them yet. It was originally supposed to be 2 months at most then they pushed that back to 4 more months, it's a joke. All I want to do is go shoot my brand new built legit mk12 and can't do nothing but play army men at my I house with my guns. It just sux, all I want is like100 rounds to go shoot my 3 ar15 and I can't do squat. I can't even shoot my beretta cause I can't find 9mm really either. I don't buy ammo to hoarde just in case one day the world ends. If the world came to that's were gonna be dead or were gonna wish we were. I know I wouldn't want to live in a anarchy waste land. But that's me. I just buy ammo cause I love to shoot and its a passion of mine. I'm the kind of person that if there's ammo in my house I'm gonna go shoot it. But I'm sure a lot of you are on the same boat. Just wish I could go to a gun store and get 100 rounds for 30 bux that it used to be. Actually ammo was a lot cheaper than that. Now that the news is saying that the bill won't get passed and gun prices are somewhat starting to lower, now we have an ammo issue, just sux and hope it gets better soon.

Ocguy31 03-24-2013 7:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcorexxx (Post 10870049)
I have been literally to pretty much every gun shop I south Orange County and there's nothing anywhere, not even 9mm really. Sux so ya Internet is your best bet if u wanna pay way more or if you wanna wait 6 months. I ordered 800 rounds of 5.56 about 6 months ago from sportsman guide and haven't gotten them yet. It was originally supposed to be 2 months at most then they pushed that back to 4 more months, it's a joke. All I want to do is go shoot my brand new built legit mk12 and can't do nothing but play army men at my I house with my guns. It just sux, all I want is like100 rounds to go shoot my 3 ar15 and I can't do squat. I can't even shoot my beretta cause I can't find 9mm really either. I don't buy ammo to hoarde just in case one day the world ends. If the world came to that's were gonna be dead or were gonna wish we were. I know I wouldn't want to live in a anarchy waste land. But that's me. I just buy ammo cause I love to shoot and its a passion of mine. I'm the kind of person that if there's ammo in my house I'm gonna go shoot it. But I'm sure a lot of you are on the same boat. Just wish I could go to a gun store and get 100 rounds for 30 bux that it used to be. Actually ammo was a lot cheaper than that. Now that the news is saying that the bill won't get passed and gun prices are somewhat starting to lower, now we have an ammo issue, just sux and hope it gets better soon.

I am sorry, I just don't understand saving a little money on a case and waiting six months for it. Yes, there is a panic tax right now. But there is plenty of 5.56/223 on ammoseek.com that can be sent to your front door.

There is shipping, but there is also no sales tax. (Although you must report the out of state purchase on your state return ;) )

jarhead714 03-24-2013 7:29 PM

Just buy surplus online. It really is your best bet. Plenty of sellers on Calguns and other sites. I can't find .308 in any county let alone this one.:facepalm:

Jedi54 04-01-2013 7:36 PM

I didn't realize how bad the supply was until this last week when I actually tried to find ammo.
WOW.
I have a class at Front Sight next month and even their own ammo supplier told me today they can't guarantee they'll have enough ammo for students so I'm trying to be proactive and find my own.

Does anyone know a good place to buy factory reloads? Those normally aren't allowed at FS but due to shortages, they're making exceptions so I thought I'd start there first since we know the status of Factory New.
Any advice / info would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. been keeping an eye on ammoseek.com but wasn't sure if there were other good sites or local places.

CJ80 04-01-2013 9:52 PM

I have 223 reloads available, regular and steel jacket home defense... PM for pricing and quantity desired...

Jedi54 04-02-2013 4:53 PM

guess I probably should have mentioned I'm in need of .45acp and 9mm.

thanks CJ80

CJ80 04-02-2013 9:29 PM

I also have 9mm, and .45 in stock.

Oz monkey 04-03-2013 2:04 PM

04-01-2013, 8:36 PM
Jedi54

I didn't realize how bad the supply was until this last week when I actually tried to find ammo.
WOW.
I have a class at Front Sight next month and even their own ammo supplier told me today they can't guarantee they'll have enough ammo for students so I'm trying to be proactive and find my own.

Does anyone know a good place to buy factory reloads? Those normally aren't allowed at FS but due to shortages, they're making exceptions so I thought I'd start there first since we know the status of Factory New.
Any advice / info would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. been keeping an eye on ammoseek.com but wasn't sure if there were other good sites or local places.

Try laxammo.com I've read that they do a lot of reloads. I have not personally been there though.

orangeusa 04-03-2013 2:11 PM

I've bought the bullletman/Dark Mod 38spl a couple times - great consistant reliable stuff. no 357, no 44mag.

Laxammo has wider selection, but I've not used them. laxammo.com is showing no reloads.

Keep looking here - not everybody is gouging...

Forty-two 04-03-2013 6:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi54 (Post 10985176)
guess I probably should have mentioned I'm in need of .45acp and 9mm.

thanks CJ80

riflegear has 45, i think i saw some at field time (the store) as well. in a pinch i pick up 9mm reloads from field time target and training (the range), they also have 45.

CJ80 04-10-2013 6:43 PM

I currently have 500 rounds of reload .45acp, and 500 rounds of .223, shoots great just went on Sunday. Currently out of 9mm

jimjimz50 04-20-2013 11:42 PM

I have a few new factory cases of 22LR & 9MM if anyone here needs any.
If interested email OCAMMO@AOL.COM

BB-Stacker 04-24-2013 7:29 PM

I was surprised to see several boxes of American and Winchester 9mm at Ammos Bros in Cerritos this morning. They had zero small pistol primers or pistol powder unfortunately. That's all I'm missing for my first crack at reloading.

iamrandy 04-25-2013 8:20 PM

I have found some expensive $30 for 100 at elite firearms in orange. On target range in laguna niguel off the 5 freeway has 9 mm reloads, $170 for 500 also .45acp $200 for 500. I've been getting wpa and milwall 308 from gunbroker for about $0.90 a round.