Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   THANK YOU ALL - ALL 4 BILLS DEFEATED (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=337950)

H Paul Payne 09-01-2010 6:49 AM

THANK YOU ALL - ALL 4 BILLS DEFEATED

IT'S A CLEAN SWEEP !!!!

AB1810 Long Gun Registration died on the INACTIVE file on the Senate floor.

AB 1934 open carry FAILED on the Assembly floor with no final vote because the Republican leadership ran out the clock to midnight and the constitutional deadline

AB 2358 (AB962 expansion) FAILED the final vote on the Senate Floor today 20Yes. - 17 No.

SB250 dog bill failed the final Assembly floor vote 27 yes 39 no

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR EFFORTS IN DEFEATING THESE THREATS TO OUR FREEDOMS!

This could not have occurred without all of us working together in a focused effort. I realize that some people tried to distract us from our defense of the Second Amendment by spreading false stories regarding our efforts in defeating these bills. But I also realize that we chose to stand together and ignore the lies, rumors, and innuendo, so that we could win in the end.

Many people who visit Calguns.net have signatures that proudly state their membership in NRA and CRPA, and that's great! I wonder why some folks are so opposed to the NRA and CRPA working together in a coordinated and effective manner?!?!?!?

Paul

Flouncer 09-01-2010 6:53 AM

Great News to wake up to.

command_liner 09-01-2010 7:04 AM

Paul,

Thanks for all your hard work.
Thank Ed for me too.

Swiss 09-01-2010 7:08 AM

It is wonderful but it was way too close for comfort, especially with AB1934. This has to be nipped in the bud next year or they will surely pass it then.

Edit: BTW, I agree that it's very important that CGN, NRA, CRPA, and SAF work together on such issues.

Skidmark 09-01-2010 7:12 AM

Yes, I've been reading all about it in this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=337925

HowardW56 09-01-2010 7:14 AM

Damm,,,, Faxes and phone calls do work...

lpspinner 09-01-2010 7:14 AM

Are the Zombies dead for good?

just4fun63 09-01-2010 7:20 AM

Cool :D That is good to see first thing in the morning !

javalos 09-01-2010 7:24 AM

Where can we get a list of those that voted against it so we can thank them?

Eat Dirt 09-01-2010 7:29 AM

NICE .....

What a Great way to start the Day

I think I'll go hug my Gun Safe !!

zhyla 09-01-2010 7:34 AM

Out of curiosity... how did SB250 make this list? Are we considering dogs to be "arms" now? I'm not in favor of the bill or anything, just plain curious.

nick 09-01-2010 7:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhyla (Post 4882274)
Out of curiosity... how did SB250 make this list? Are we considering dogs to be "arms" now? I'm not in favor of the bill or anything, just plain curious.

Hunting dogs?

OleCuss 09-01-2010 7:47 AM

Many thanks to the NRA/CRPA and to the UOCers for all the hard work!

trashman 09-01-2010 7:54 AM

Many thanks H. Paul!!! Keep up the great work.

--Neill

OneSevenDeuce 09-01-2010 7:57 AM

We win!

smogcity 09-01-2010 7:57 AM

Well done!

stphnman20 09-01-2010 7:57 AM

Great news!!

maddoggie13 09-01-2010 7:58 AM

Sweet news just before coffee...

bertdigity 09-01-2010 8:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flouncer (Post 4882177)
Great News to wake up to.

exactly what i think. Thanks CGF and everyone for rallying support to protect our rights!

PatriotnMore 09-01-2010 8:05 AM

Good to hear. It's not over I fear, these will raise their ugly heads again. The obvious need of removing many of those who introduce these poor bills is needed, especially DeLeon but in addition, we need to get proactive.

I really tire of endless phone calls and writing to stop a bill, it would be nice to introduce legislation where we can call and encourage the passage of legislation. The type of legislation which guarantees our rights as gun owners, shooting enthusiasts, hunters, and Dog owners.

lugar 09-01-2010 8:12 AM

Excellent news.

dk94044 09-01-2010 8:16 AM

so we can continue to buy handgun ammo online next year?

Paladin 09-01-2010 8:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotnMore (Post 4882383)
Good to hear. It's not over I fear, these will raise their ugly heads again. The obvious need of removing many of those who introduce these poor bills is needed, especially DeLeon but in addition, we need to get proactive.

I really tire of endless phone calls and writing to stop a bill, it would be nice to introduce legislation where we can call and encourage the passage of legislation. The type of legislation which guarantees our rights as gun owners, shooting enthusiasts, hunters, and Dog owners.

The type who introduce these anti bills are usually in strongly anti districts, thus will continue to introduce them. We need to replace their allies who are in "swing" districts. These are relatively few because of gerrymandering. Fortunately the redistricting reform proposition was passed and new district boundaries will be in place in time for 2012 elections UNLESS a new proposition on this Nov's ballot passes which will KILL redistricting reform (career politicians never quit!).

Paladin 09-01-2010 8:34 AM

The most important thing we all can do to make sure we NEVER have to squeak by like this again is to get more people to join the NRA, CRPA and support w/their time, money, and/or effort CGF.

IMO, "virtual" Shall-Issue is critical to these goals. A LOT of gun owners I know sit on the sidelines because, believe it or not, they don't feel like they've got a vested interest in being politically/financially involved. I bet that once they find out they can apply for and get a CCW, they will. This is true whether they're RKBAist, "sportsmen"/"outdoorsmen"/hunters, target shooters, collectors, or whatever. This is ESPECIALLY true w/people who aren't gun enthusiasts ("gunnies"), but are just average folk who want to be able to defend themselves away from their homes (RNs, store owners, pizza delivery drivers, long haul truckers, tow truck drivers, taxi drivers, etc.).

Once they have their CCWs and they find out some pol is against Shall Issue (as well as for AWB, anti hi-cap, etc), they will pay and fight to keep that person out of political power (assembly, senate, AG, lt gov, gov) and judicial authority (judges). This could also spill over to federal elections when national CCW reciprocity comes into play (congress, senate, president).

NovaTodd 09-01-2010 8:37 AM

Awsome news for the morning.
Thank you guys for all your hard work.

bwiese 09-01-2010 9:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Paul Payne (Post 4882174)
IT'S A CLEAN SWEEP !!!!

OK, you and Ed and Tom can go sleep. Get a steak first, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Paul Payne
I wonder why some folks are so opposed to the NRA and CRPA working together in a coordinated and effective manner?!?!?!?

Because there's short-term profit taking positions against RKBA. :(

advocatusdiaboli 09-01-2010 9:14 AM

Paul, many thanks to you and all those who rallied and those who voted these down. Maybe we will eventually get our rights back in California and though this is the beginning, I think the tide might just turn. I hope we can get a stay against the original ammo ban bill.

DVSmith 09-01-2010 9:29 AM

Quote:

IT'S A CLEAN SWEEP !!!!

AB 1934 open carry FAILED on the Assembly floor with no final vote because the Republican leadership ran out the clock to midnight and the constitutional deadline

AB 2358 (AB962 expansion) FAILED the final vote on the Senate Floor today 20Yes. - 17 No.

This could not have occurred without all of us working together in a focused effort. I realize that some people tried to distract us from our defense of the Second Amendment by spreading false stories regarding our efforts in defeating these bills. But I also realize that we chose to stand together and ignore the lies, rumors, and innuendo, so that we could win in the end.

Many people who visit Calguns.net have signatures that proudly state their membership in NRA and CRPA, and that's great! I wonder why some folks are so opposed to the NRA and CRPA working together in a coordinated and effective manner?!?!?!?

Paul

It makes no sense to not work together. The only problem I have, as a life member of both organizations, is when they work at cross purposes, let egos get in the way and take credit for activities instead of giving credit where credit is due.

I will continue to speak out on these issues as I beleive they are divisive and counterproductive.

WatchMan 09-01-2010 9:35 AM

Ahhhh

Yes, it is sweet. We can breathe again....for now :D Absolutely outstanding news.

cedricxerxes 09-01-2010 9:37 AM

Quote:

IT'S A CLEAN SWEEP !!!!

Paul

A big thank you for all your efforts!

Legasat 09-01-2010 9:39 AM

Congrats to all (NRA/CRPA/CGN-CGF/SAF), and all of the grass roots members!

We have won another battle, but the war rages on.

Prepare for the next battle.

OlderThanDirt 09-01-2010 9:52 AM

I went to bed too early (1145) and assumed AB 1934 would be easily amended in the ASSembly. The Republicans were clearly using stalling tactics all day and it paid off. I don't know if Democrats are running scared regarding their own reelections, but I was surprised at many of the votes last night on items such as SB250, AB2358, AB1810 being put in the inactive file (a nice name for the trash can) and AB1998.

It's a liberals worst nightmare; a bunch of gun owners open carrying their handguns and unregistered long guns, carring their newly purchased ammo in a plastic bag while walking their unaltered dog.

Hoologan 09-01-2010 9:56 AM

Outstanding news!

KaTooM 09-01-2010 10:13 AM

WooHoo!

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...in_cheers1.jpg

AK_Guy 09-01-2010 10:51 AM

Just when you think all sanity has been lost... :)

Rarely am I moved to write to politicians, but I think by collectively letting our voices be heard, we really gave them something to think about...and Saldana's hissy fit really said what she's all about...being a spoiled brat that always gets her way...

antonio 09-01-2010 11:00 AM

Awesome great news.... could not have happened on a better day..... Opening day for Dove

livermoron 09-01-2010 11:04 AM

Hi All,

Just my 2 cents:

Please don't forget the unrelenting efforts of the RCC members (Responsible Citizens of California) at the Capital these last several weeks. Through hearings, lobbying, personal meetings, letter writting, faxing, calling, and praying (yes praying), these and other folks helped in the defeat of AB1934.

Special thanks MUST also go out to the Republicans in the Assembly, especially Chuck Devore!

I am a temporarily releaved gun owner in California. Keep the fight alive - REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Carry On!

Livermoron :cheers2:

the_quark 09-01-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhyla (Post 4882274)

There's a synergistic relationship. The pro-hunting groups obviously tend to be pro-gun (but, for example, what do they care about gun-free school zones). Many of the pro-gun organization have hunter members that care about the dog regulations. Additionally, the dog regulations tend to be pushed by environmental-type groups that often oppose us on things like lead ammunition bans.

So, it's a combination of fighting the groups that tend to cause us trouble on other things, while scratching the backs of friendly groups that help us on our things. Ideally, we help them with hunting dogs, and they help us with gun issues that may not be core to "hunting".

chris 09-01-2010 1:54 PM

good news to hear.

PORCH 09-01-2010 4:20 PM

Thanks for the hard work Paul!!!!!