Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   The CRPA Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   How to do more? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=735164)

mcmikel61 03-29-2013 7:43 PM

How to do more?

Dear all,

Within the last two weeks I found the money to finally become a member of CRPA.
When I received my first mailing I was disappointed to find that most of it was stickies to put on envelopes ... which I rarely use anymore.
That alerted me to the idea CRPA is crippled and moribund, without an idea of how to get out of the hole they (we, now) are in.
I am an old fart. I am also not as accomplished with firearms as I ought to be. But I am left with the question that if any of us aspire to return CRPA to its formerly pre-eminent, effective position, what should be done?
I ask the question seeking honest answers. I want to do good things.

Mike

Sunday 04-03-2013 2:04 PM

How many gun owners belong to even 1 pro second amendment organization?
How many gun owners sent money to their favorite second amendment organizations?
How many gun owners contact their state officials to voice their opinions? {It feels good to do so}
How many gun owners vote without studying the politicians voting record and keep on reelecting anti 2nd amendment politicians over and over?

Oldmandan 04-09-2013 3:14 PM

1 Viral youtube video will do it. If done correctly you could touch millions with it.

ipse dixit 04-12-2013 4:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmikel61 (Post 10953492)
Dear all,

Within the last two weeks I found the money to finally become a member of CRPA.
When I received my first mailing I was disappointed to find that most of it was stickies to put on envelopes ... which I rarely use anymore.
That alerted me to the idea CRPA is crippled and moribund, without an idea of how to get out of the hole they (we, now) are in.
I am an old fart. I am also not as accomplished with firearms as I ought to be. But I am left with the question that if any of us aspire to return CRPA to its formerly pre-eminent, effective position, what should be done?
I ask the question seeking honest answers. I want to do good things.

Mike

I don't have any answers for you, but I wanted to chime in and echo the same frustration and desire to do more that you have expressed here.

Unlike you, I was a CRPA member about 6 years ago, and did not renew my membership after the first couple of years, because I had the same feeling as you. A few months ago, I rejoined CRPA and paid for a 5-year membership. My feelings haven't changed about CRPA, and I suppose that the only reason that I rejoined the association is because they do have a lobbyist in Sacramento who is supposed to be one of the best ones around, if not the best lobbyist around.

I'm a life member at the NRA, and one thing that sets the NRA apart from CRPA, aside from their national presence, is that I get regular updates from the NRA, and that helps me to believe that they are actually doing something. Plus, I see them in the community.

I'd really like to see CRPA step up and have more of a presence in this state, not just in the state capital in what are -- for all intents and purposes -- closed-door meetings and out of view. It would be great if CRPA could start providing more real-time updates about what is going on. Perhaps these updates could remind the association's membership that the CRPA still exists and is doing something. This in turn, may result in the membership having more confidence that CRPA is worth belonging to, and deserving of funding.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in here on your thread, and let you know that your perceptions are shared by others. Sometimes that helps.

To the CRPA leadership: What do you say, fellas?

Can'thavenuthingood 04-13-2013 6:53 AM

Calguns/CGSSA is putting together a bunch of folks to attend the Committee hearings Tuesday of 12 forthcoming Bills.
Plan is to stop them in Committee before they get to the Legislature for a vote and become Law.
CGN has enough on their hands fighting laws in the Courts, we need to stop them from becoming law.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=738035&page=3

If you can drive up and join in you may see some CRPA folks there also. Many of us are CRPA members.
The Bill to extend the Condor range lead ban is heard on Monday. We're about to become a lead free state. Be there if you can.

You may even meet the CRPA Lobbyist.

Vick