Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NRA Life Membership 300! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556869)

NeenachGuy 04-23-2012 2:20 PM

My 5 year membership was set to expire in 2015, but I went ahead and paid the $300 for life membership (thanks Robert!) last week. Just checked my status online, and my membership expiration date was updated to 2032. I expect that my membership status will be updated to "Life" within the next couple days.

After my status changes, I'm going to get a life membership for my son (8 years old).

sumdood 04-23-2012 7:02 PM

My membership doesn't expire until 8/2013 but I signed up for this. Always wanted to be a life member, but $1000 for it was not appealing.

Thanks!

robertmcm 04-24-2012 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeenachGuy (Post 8457513)
My 5 year membership was set to expire in 2015, but I went ahead and paid the $300 for life membership (thanks Robert!) last week. Just checked my status online, and my membership expiration date was updated to 2032. I expect that my membership status will be updated to "Life" within the next couple days.

After my status changes, I'm going to get a life membership for my son (8 years old).

It will, then you will get a card in the mail saying I have given you a life membership, and then you should get your membership packet. If you do not mind, I would like to ask you and others to post your timelines as I am getting alot of PMs asking about the timeline. I know it is safe to say three weeks, but it would mean more coming from someone who recently went through the whole process.

I would also like to say that the response from y'all at calguns has been tremendous. We are now at 26 new life members from this thread alone. Way to go calguns!

NeenachGuy 04-24-2012 8:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertmcm (Post 8463771)
It will, then you will get a card in the mail saying I have given you a life membership, and then you should get your membership packet. If you do not mind, I would like to ask you and others to post your timelines as I am getting alot of PMs asking about the timeline. I know it is safe to say three weeks, but it would mean more coming from someone who recently went through the whole process.

I would also like to say that the response from y'all at calguns has been tremendous. We are now at 26 new life members from this thread alone. Way to go calguns!

Here's my timeline (so far):

4/18 - PM'd Robert and followed his instructions to become a Life Member... only takes about 5 minutes once I received the info from Robert.
4/23 - My profile at nramemberservices.org was updated - membership expiration year changed from 2015 to 2032, but still showed my member type as "Regular Annual"
4/24 - My profile at nramemberservices.org was updated again - membership type now shows "Life" and there is no expiration date.
4/29 - Received postcard in the mail notifying me about the Gift Membership I had received.

As I mentioned previously, I was already an active annual member, and one of the things that I had been worried about was whether I would be issued a new membership ID number, and what would happen to my existing annual membership which was not set to expire for another few years. I was concerned about this, because when going through the gift membership process, there was no place for me to specify my NRA Member number. However, I used the same address, phone number, and email address that I had registered in my NRA membership, so there was apparently no problem in matching up the new life membership with my existing member ID.

I'll update this post when I get the letter and life membership package in the mail.

robertmcm 04-25-2012 2:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeenachGuy (Post 8464034)
Here's my timeline (so far):

4/18 - PM'd Robert and followed his instructions to become a Life Member... only takes about 5 minutes once I received the info from Robert.
4/23 - My profile at nramemberservices.org was updated - membership expiration year changed from 2015 to 2032, but still showed my member type as "Regular Annual"
4/24 - My profile at nramemberservices.org was updated again - membership type now shows "Life" and there is no expiration date.

As I mentioned previously, I was already an active annual member, and one of the things that I had been worried about was whether I would be issued a new membership ID number, and what would happen to my existing annual membership which was not set to expire for another few years. I was concerned about this, because when going through the gift membership process, there was no place for me to specify my NRA Member number. However, I used the same address, phone number, and email address that I had registered in my NRA membership, so there was apparently no problem in matching up the new life membership with my existing member ID.

I'll update this post when I get the letter and life membership package in the mail.

So now are we ready to sign your boy up?

RJonesUSC 04-25-2012 8:35 AM

4/21 - Signed up for the lifetime that should upgrade myself and add my wife as a new member.
4/25 - Just checked with member services and it shows the expiration date of my member ship as 2032 and still a regular anuual member.

I would have added my kids but the birth date option didn't allow for their ages.

robertmcm 04-25-2012 5:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJonesUSC (Post 8466128)
4/21 - Signed up for the lifetime that should upgrade myself and add my wife as a new member.
4/25 - Just checked with member services and it shows the expiration date of my member ship as 2032 and still a regular anuual member.

I would have added my kids but the birth date option didn't allow for their ages.

Call them at 1877nra2012

They will allow you to upgrade your children for the same price there. Their records should show you as life. If not it will be a few days. Seems their records are a few days ahead of what shows up on the memberservices page.

ZNiner 04-25-2012 6:31 PM

I paid for my NRA life membership this evening using a referral from Robert. I was waiting for one of these deals to pop up to upgrade to life member status.

Thanks for the helping with this Robert.

sumdood 04-25-2012 8:38 PM

Similar timeline for me.
4/21 signed up
4/25 (did not check earlier) membership expires in 2032

So, it looks like they are adding 20 years until everything (charge card?) is finalized.

EDT: 5/01 status changed over to " Life " And "Active" instead of " Annual" and "4/30/2032"
EDT: 5/18 Received the Life Member package in the mail today

Woohoooo!!

Thanks Robert.

hornswaggled 04-25-2012 8:47 PM

Hell yeah, I'm in! Gonna call them tomorrow.

FailedAngrMgmt 04-26-2012 2:01 PM

Just checked member services, expires 2032, the wheel is turning over to life member...thanks again

robertmcm 04-26-2012 2:45 PM

30 have followed through here for sure so far. Not shabby at all calguns! There are about 4 I have not heard back from and one guy also signed his wife up, so I guess that will be 31, for sure and possibly 35.

Yall have put a total of 9,000 dollars in the NRAs coffers so far.

sf_1911 04-27-2012 8:20 PM

4/24 - signed up
4/27 membership expires 2032

update on 5/1
Type is life, status active

robertmcm 04-29-2012 8:02 AM

Btt

mofugly13 05-01-2012 11:09 AM

Robert, is this still going on? I am ready to sign uip my woman and daughter.

WDE91 05-01-2012 8:10 PM

Robert, I am also interested in this program
Is this still going on?

pdq_wizzard 05-01-2012 8:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertmcm (Post 8439472)
Well I have a sure fire way, pm sent. This is done on the Internet with a credit card. Takes two minutes. Everyone PM me only after you have decided to spend the 300 dollars and have your credit card out.

I had the same problem as 451040, so this is tagged for later. :cool:

robertmcm 05-01-2012 8:32 PM

Bjkearns and mofugly, information PMed to you.

This is still happening folks, signed someone up today. I will continue to do this until it stops. I have no control over that. After the response I have seen here and the support of the NRA from y'all, I promise to never tell anymore 'left coast' and 'land of fruits and nuts' jokes. Not everyone that is doing this is posting here, but new life members are in the 40s now.

I have to swallow hard here, but I haven't been able to get that many from my own state to do this. Good job calguns!

robertmcm 05-01-2012 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdq_wizzard (Post 8504929)
I had the same problem as 451040, so this is tagged for later. :cool:

Just pm me if you want to do it. Between here and the Cmp forum, and a few others I have helped over 200 sign up as life members. I have had one problem, and a call to the NRA got it fixed real quick. The problem was the individual did the wrong thing. This is less than 1/2 percent failure rate

racer 05-01-2012 10:30 PM

signed up 4/20
4/25 expires 2032
5/1/ updated to life

RJonesUSC 05-02-2012 7:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJonesUSC (Post 8466128)

Just checked again and now my account says Life. Thanks again Robert.

Sig Sauerkraut 05-02-2012 7:43 AM

New life member here, thanks Robert.

tymar 05-03-2012 6:43 AM

+1,

Thank you Robert

MultiCaliber 05-03-2012 2:28 PM

+1 more.

This works. If you have any desire to become an NRA life member or think you may maintain an annual membership for at least 12 years out of your life in the future, this is the way to go. Expect to see an expiration of 2032 for a couple of days and then your upgrade to life status is official. I've already done it. Add your voice to the many, so we are all louder.

5shot 05-03-2012 3:21 PM

1 more. Thanks Robert. Been a NRA member for 46 years. Should have went "Lifetime" a long, long time ago.

robertmcm 05-08-2012 2:57 AM

Btt/ Good cause

adrenaline 05-08-2012 5:36 AM

+1 more :) Thanks Robert!

I'll post my full time line when it all goes through. ;)

Curtis 05-08-2012 7:17 AM

I received a notice that Robert had given a very generous life time membership.
Thanks again Robert.

However, I didn't receive anything amount my membership number. My membership had expired and I wasn't sure if they used the same number. Anyway, I contacted membership and they stated that they were running behind due to a "big membership push".

robertmcm 05-08-2012 7:51 AM

Hey Curtis, when did you get the card and when did you sign up online? If you posted the dates here it would help me out as I get alot of PMs to this effect.

I am kinda interested as well, as I signed up two of my boys on 4-27 and haven't got anything in the mail yet.

secretspoon 05-08-2012 8:02 AM

Just added another one - thanks Robert!

sumdood 05-08-2012 8:09 PM

I still have not got anything in the mail yet and I signed up on 4/20. I guess they are running behind, but I think right now that is a good thing.

interstellar 05-09-2012 7:26 AM

Thanks Robert. Done.

Clownpuncher 05-13-2012 7:58 AM

I don't know how I missed this thread. Can you PM me the info?

Apocalypsenerd 05-13-2012 8:18 AM

Robert, interested, please PM me.

Thank you.

robertmcm 05-13-2012 7:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownpuncher (Post 8570617)
I don't know how I missed this thread. Can you PM me the info?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypsenerd (Post 8570700)
Robert, interested, please PM me.

Thank you.

PMs sent!

mcdev 05-13-2012 9:14 PM

New member here, even better that its lifetime. Thanks Robert.

Clownpuncher 05-14-2012 2:03 PM

+1 for me. Awesome deal Thanks Robert!!!!!

robertmcm 05-14-2012 2:31 PM

Ok calguns. You have officially hit 50 new life members here on this thread. 15k to the NRA is not bad. Waiting on 3 more confirmations that will put us at 53.

I hope those that have supported the NRA will consider supporting the SAF www.saf.org
The Second Amendment Foundation is doing great things with litigation.

I can't help with the dues there, but they are 15 annual and 150 life

As for the NRA, let's keep the membership drive going. Give the gift of freedom. My 10 year old and my 11 month old are life members of the NRA. Best money I ever spent.

Guns4ever 05-14-2012 5:19 PM

This is a great thing you are doing Robert. Many many thanks!

a1c 05-14-2012 6:45 PM

The NRA just sent me a DVD, which I have to return if I'm not interested (I won't).

What a lousy, shameful way to market the cause.