Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   General gun discussions (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Valkyrie Arms closed till when??? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=650981)

CrazyPhuD 12-10-2012 7:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9891776)
Fraud controls?

How does that work, and what is the cutoff amount?

Honestly I couldn't tell you. It's not entirely unreasonable say in the instance where a rogue employee issues refunds that he shouldn't(i.e. for more than charged etc). Smaller amounts are likely not subject to additional scrutiny because the risk is lower.

I had ~10 guns on order given the 2014 long gun registration and also the expected election crush if Obama won, so my amount was significant.

squackatu 12-11-2012 12:09 AM

So it looks like they're almost done with allocating all the guns that need to go to either Tracy/MDT/or get shipped out to other places....

hopefully in the next day or two this will happen. It's tough because Paul has to be at the store to process the refunds and will have to find time to drive the shipments over to the different locations.

Will keep you updated.

squackatu 12-11-2012 12:09 AM

So it looks like they're almost done with allocating all the guns that need to go to either Tracy/MDT/or get shipped out to other places....

hopefully in the next day or two this will happen. It's tough because Paul has to be at the store to process the refunds and will have to find time to drive the shipments over to the different locations.

Will keep you updated.

ironic 12-11-2012 9:46 AM

Great news, thanks for the update

itisagoodname 12-11-2012 11:07 AM

WOO HOO!!! Valkyrie refund posted! Celebration time B*tches!

MoMo 12-11-2012 12:11 PM

Y'all are lucky that you're getting refunds...
I still haven't even heard back from anyone and I've emailed 3 times since the 4th.

bbogert 12-11-2012 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMo (Post 9896261)
Y'all are lucky that you're getting refunds...
I still haven't even heard back from anyone and I've emailed 3 times since the 4th.

You should PM squackatu, he called me in less than 10 minutes. Email response initially took a while- day and a 1/2 I think.

squackatu 12-11-2012 2:38 PM

Folks,

Paul will not be at the store to process refunds tomorrow (wednesday) as he will be processing transfers to Tracy rifle and pistol as well as shipping out other firearms by mail.

For refunds go by VA at noon either Thursday or Friday.

Good news the shipment to MDT is there and you should be getting a call from them soon if you wanted your gun shipped there ...

Pm with questions.

Chris

DDRH 12-11-2012 4:27 PM

My refund posted this morning :)

veritas137 12-11-2012 10:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up about going to Tracy. I was there today to fill out the paperwork and my gun hadn't arrived yet. Hoping to get it before Christmas...

bbogert 12-12-2012 3:49 PM

Chris/Paul,
Thanks for all your effort cleaning up the VA mess. DROS'd my 1911 at MDT today (for the second time...). Hopefully all goes well and I can pickup (finally) on 12/22.

I appreciate the help.

zod 12-12-2012 4:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squackatu (Post 9897255)

Chris

Wish I would have known this beforehand. Sent an email yesterday, was never replied to. Took the drive today around 11, was turned down for my return. Told to come back tomorrow around noon. This is the second time I have not been able to complete my return. The first time, I was emailed back to be at the shop by 2:30pm, which I was. Gate was closed, I knock on the window a few times. Absolutely no response. Before leaving, I email and call to see if I can get anything. All the while knocking on the window every few. Still nothing. Then I find out another Calgunner shows up around 3pm or a little bit after, and completes his return. This is getting old quick.

veritas137 12-12-2012 6:29 PM

Got the call from Tracy today, my gun is there. Pickup on the 22nd!

peter@oshman.com 12-13-2012 1:33 AM

I am a member but not sure I have ever posted to CalGuns. I was pointed here by "Paul" over the phone. I guess he wanted me to see the last few posts. What a crazy topic to read through!

I do see people are supposedly starting to receive refunds. I loved VA in Milpitas and never visited SC, but since I thought it was the same business, i was willing to put down a full deposit on a new firearm, they could not get for six months.

I always thought Conner was cool, until he said to me about a month ago that VA can give me a refund, but it will reset me in Sig's backorder line.

What a bunch of bull... He must have known what was up then.

Paul will not handle my refund over the internet and fax. For some reason, I am being told I have to go to this god-forsaken new location. What a pain in the *****!

I have no more love for VA. They were cool before.

shooter5 12-13-2012 2:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9892290)
Honestly I couldn't tell you. It's not entirely unreasonable say in the instance where a rogue employee issues refunds that he shouldn't(i.e. for more than charged etc). Smaller amounts are likely not subject to additional scrutiny because the risk is lower.

I had ~10 guns on order given the 2014 long gun registration and also the expected election crush if Obama won, so my amount was significant.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

worst PR campaign hands down..

zod 12-13-2012 12:19 PM

So I'm in front of the godamn store again. Told me to come in at noon today. And guess what?!? Nobody is f****n here. WTF!!!

zod 12-13-2012 12:36 PM

Still waiting.......unfortunately.

tcrpe 12-13-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 408er (Post 9912269)
Still waiting.......unfortunately.

Someone said earlier that you had to really pound on the door to get any attention.

chiburi 12-13-2012 12:42 PM

dude, my apologies, that stinks!

zod 12-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9912287)
Someone said earlier that you had to really pound on the door to get any attention.

If I pound any harder on this window I will be able to walk through it myself. The gate is locked. Some other jackhole came by trying to get in, he told us Paul should be on his way. Jesus, I just want this sh*t over with.

zod 12-13-2012 1:01 PM

Alright its 1pm. Nobody here. An hour spent waiting. Lets see how much longer this takes.

tcrpe 12-13-2012 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 408er (Post 9912420)
Alright its 1pm. Nobody here. An hour spent waiting. Lets see how much longer this takes.

:twoweeks:

zod 12-13-2012 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9912540)

LMAO. Sure feeling that way. I have to leave and pick up my kids from school soon. I will gibe it till' then.

zod 12-13-2012 1:28 PM

1:30

battleship 12-13-2012 1:40 PM

Can we get a live feed, man sorry to here it, its unacceptable to wait that long and be told that someone will be there.

ptroxx 12-13-2012 1:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squackatu (Post 9897255)
Folks,

Paul will not be at the store to process refunds tomorrow (wednesday) as he will be processing transfers to Tracy rifle and pistol as well as shipping out other firearms by mail.

Good news the shipment to MDT is there and you should be getting a call from them soon if you wanted your gun shipped there ...

Pm with questions.

Chris

maybe message this guy. he seems to know it all...

tcrpe 12-13-2012 2:32 PM

Still twiddling your thumbs?

GoingQuiet 12-13-2012 2:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfred1222 (Post 9878953)
I'm sorry, i guess you're making enough money that you can afford to sit on you a** for a week and let your customers hang

No, I just wrapped one up. I didn't make any money for a week because it's easier to let ATF do their job uninterrupted versus doing things piecemeal and everything taking a month.

zod 12-13-2012 2:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9913094)
Still twiddling your thumbs?

Nope. But I know where you can shove yours. :D Finally, got done a little after 2pm. Paul and the other jackhole finally came in about 15 minutes after my last post. I even told Paul, I've been waiting since noon and that was the time he told me to come in. He didn't even bother responding. So pissed, but relieved I finally got my refund.

tcrpe 12-13-2012 3:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 408er (Post 9913258)
Nope. But I know where you can shove yours. :D Finally, got done a little after 2pm. Paul and the other jackhole finally came in about 15 minutes after my last post. I even told Paul, I've been waiting since noon and that was the time he told me to come in. He didn't even bother responding. So pissed, but relieved I finally got my refund.

Glad you got your refund. Not even an apology? Wow.

Oh, well, you got your money.

Now, about those thumbs . . . . . . . :shrug:

zod 12-13-2012 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9913317)
Now, about those thumbs . . . . . . . :shrug:

Just a joke brother. You've been taking jabs at me, so I figure I would give in.

tcrpe 12-13-2012 3:22 PM

Haha, they figured that after an hour and a half you'd be gone.

zod 12-13-2012 3:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9913409)
Haha, they figured that after an hour and a half you'd be gone.

This is exactly what I was thinking.......those bastards.

HapaMan 12-13-2012 3:49 PM

I guess I walked into Valkyrie for the first time a couple of months ago when the weirdness was happening. The vibe in the store was odd.

I walked in looking for some Tru-Spec tactical pants to buy, found a pair, and walked to the counter. There were two employees right behind the counter. One employee was talking to some guy about his paperwork for a handgun being insufficient. The conversation went on and on for a good 5-8 minutes, regarding insufficient proof of his address (I thought the requirements were pretty cut and dry). The employee did notice me standing there ready to be rung up, and I was hoping he'd mention to the other employee (who was chatting on his cellphone) that a customer was ready to buy something. Never happened. I put the pants back, and walked out.

Sounds like a messed up situation. Hope everybody gets what they paid for, etc.

AlexB.AB 12-13-2012 4:54 PM

I work down the street from VA. When I drove by on the way back from lunch, the gates were locked up still. Didn't look like anyone was there.

rebo0t 12-13-2012 5:57 PM

I have had SSE done before with no problems there. Last one done about three months ago. Yesterday I tried to call and thought it was strange so I did a search and read this whole thread. I was going to have them SSE another firearm for me.

Ugh..... VA you will be missed. Also shout outs to the worker that always let me play with his glocks trigger.

12:13 12-13-2012 6:21 PM

I've done several transactions with VA at the Milpitas location in the past & they've always done right by me. Sad that it's come to this. I've got two buddies going through this mess & if I wasn't broke as a joke, I'd probably be in the same boat.

CrazyPhuD 12-13-2012 7:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrpe (Post 9912540)

Well come tomorrow that will be how long my refunds have been pending and still haven't posted! 15 days is the contractual limit for how long they are to wait for them to post the funds according to one of my cards. Like I said ultimately this is not a huge deal...but I have WAY more important things to do than run sheepdog on a refund that should have posted some time ago....

leviathan627 12-13-2012 7:14 PM

I should have read the posts, I was there at 4pm today...I banged on the window so hard, the salon worker said to stop! No email responses either..

Inner Nerd 12-13-2012 7:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 408er (Post 9913258)

I was the guy that gave up after 1:15 because I had a meeting to go to.

If the owner has problems with having enough employees around that their customer service takes a hit, he should hire more employees to handle the load. A 2 hour delay is not "a little late". You get fired for coming in to work 2 hours late at most places.

I appreciate that the people who are helping out are trying to do what they can, but the owner needs to step up and handle the ****-up that his shop is tied to.