Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Who has 45ACP uppers in stock??? Need some help!! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=902607)

somiskid 03-05-2014 7:58 AM

Who has 45ACP uppers in stock??? Need some help!!

Hey Guys looking for a 45acp upper. Who has them in stock? Thanks!!

JackRydden224 03-05-2014 8:00 AM

My question to you would be what lower are you using??

somiskid 03-05-2014 8:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 13587042)
My question to you would be what lower are you using??

just a standard mil spec lower. I don't want to build a pistol I want to build a rifle.

JackRydden224 03-05-2014 8:08 AM

Interesting, I did not know you can use a standard AR lower for a .45 ACP build. Now I'm interested in finding out about the upper as well! I'm guessing your lower would use grease gun mags?

somiskid 03-05-2014 8:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 13587100)
Interesting, I did not know you can use a standard AR lower for a .45 ACP build. Now I'm interested in finding out about the upper as well! I'm guessing your lower would use grease gun mags?

I know that Olympic arms makes an upper that is meant to work with a standard lower but that's about all I know.

OverUnderClays 03-05-2014 10:44 AM

Check out RMW

RMW Extreme.

Looks like Bazooka Brothers is a distributor. I'm not really sure about the mags being Kali legal though.

arga 03-05-2014 11:29 AM

I know Mad Machinest on Weaponsguild builds these for the CNC Gunsmithing 80% lower. Check "Macon Armory" in their vendor section. His uppers are DI as opposed to blowback. I seem to remember his ejector being a little weird though but that might have been someone else. Do your homework first.

There's another guy on there too but I can't remember his name.

JackRydden224 03-05-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arga (Post 13588736)
I know Mad Machinest on Weaponsguild builds these for the CNC Gunsmithing 80% lower. Check "Macon Armory" in their vendor section. His uppers are DI as opposed to blowback. I seem to remember his ejector being a little weird though but that might have been someone else. Do your homework first.

There's another guy on there too but I can't remember his name.

Interesting. Where can we get 10 rd grease gun mags?

neouser 03-05-2014 12:48 PM

I have no idea where Somis is, bur River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has 45 ACP upppers in stock.

Vin63 03-05-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somiskid (Post 13587118)
I know that Olympic arms makes an upper that is meant to work with a standard lower but that's about all I know.

This is what I was considering (possibly still am)…

http://www.olyarms.com/shop/upper-receivers/k45-ur.html

shooter1975 03-05-2014 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin63 (Post 13589426)
This is what I was considering (possibly still am)…

http://www.olyarms.com/shop/upper-receivers/k45-ur.html

That would be interesting in 10mm!

Metal Fiend 03-05-2014 2:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neouser (Post 13589362)
I have no idea where Somis is, bur River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has 45 ACP upppers in stock.

They also have stripped .45 acp lowers for $419

Mad Machinist 03-05-2014 4:09 PM

Shoot me an email to rudyk@maconarmory.com. We are just introducing a magwell adaptor for standard lowers that just slips in like a magazine.....and uses HK USC magazines available in a 10 round capacity from Promag.....we'll have a CA legal version available and I have uppers on the shelf. I'll have a video up in the next day or so showing the transition from 5.56 to 45 in one continious shot. Nothing wierd about my extractor or ejector......they are standard Gas operated AR-15....the extractor is just made to match the rim of the .45 round as is the bolt. This is just a rough video out behind the shop......we knew the magwell adaptor ran ...just testing the bolt hold open so no full mags.....and pretty crappy video.....was just to send to my partner and the first mag I'm shooting from is a 10 round USC. I'm doing my best to bring things to life that will help those of you "behind enemy lines"

I am also the supplier of .45 ACP Uppers endorsed by both Justin at CNC Guns for the AR45 lower....and by GWACS Armory, makers of the Cav Arms MKII with Hahn magwell adaptor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWCmGDAvMFg

bohoki 03-05-2014 4:29 PM

i really had a jonesing for one of those years ago but then i realized i would have to clean my crummy cast lead out of 16 inches or barrel

and i came to my senses its hard enough scrubbing it out of my 5 inch 1911 barrel

Eric B 03-05-2014 6:46 PM

Well damnit. Where was this when I bought my USC?

Mad Machinist 03-05-2014 6:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric B (Post 13591988)
Well damnit. Where was this when I bought my USC?

Did the proof of concept about a year ago on the magwell adaptor......just finally got the CNC mill and lathe to give me production capability.....and just got the last round bolt hold open done a couple of weeks back.....but I've been building the uppers for CNC guns and Cav Arms lowers for years......but I've always wanted a solution for a standard lower in .45 with an off the shelf magazine.....:D..............now I have one.....

Eric B 03-05-2014 6:56 PM

I've wanted that too. Now... Now we have it?

Pauliedad 03-05-2014 8:01 PM

Tag

Mad Machinist 03-06-2014 5:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric B (Post 13592069)
I've wanted that too. Now... Now we have it?

Yes....yes we do......Here is a pic of the standard 16 inch DI upper with Samson Evolution handguard on a shop lower with the magwell adaptor inserted and a 10 round ProMag USC Magazine.
It is a pretty well made affair with steel feed lips molded in.........and while the website isn't up yet
Here is a short informational video featuring the Macon Armory AR15 45 ACP conversion and some fat old guy....:thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AyOPATXW7Y

solo3937 03-06-2014 5:53 AM

Rudy built me a DI 45 upper last year. It is probably the most fun set up I have to shoot.

I originally started with a mag block and Pro Mag Uzi magazines. It has been a very reliable set up. I recently switched to one of Justin's CNC45 lowers, haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but the ability to use un-modified grease gun mags is a major plus!

Rudy is the go to guy to answer all your questions regarding DI45 setups. He will not steer you wrong!

Eric B 03-06-2014 6:57 AM

Well, Macon Armory, I believe you'll have a new customer soon.

JackRydden224 03-06-2014 7:58 AM

What's the gas system length for that DI45?

nitroxdiver 03-06-2014 8:27 AM

Very nice Rudy. Great choice going with USC mags IMHO. For the free state folks, hera arms makes up to 25 round USC mags.

Sent from classified location using Tapatalk.

OverUnderClays 03-06-2014 9:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Machinist (Post 13590819)
Shoot me an email to rudyk@maconarmory.com. We are just introducing a magwell adaptor for standard lowers that just slips in like a magazine.....and uses HK USC magazines available in a 10 round capacity from Promag.....we'll have a CA legal version available and I have uppers on the shelf. I'll have a video up in the next day or so showing the transition from 5.56 to 45 in one continious shot. Nothing wierd about my extractor or ejector......they are standard Gas operated AR-15....the extractor is just made to match the rim of the .45 round as is the bolt. This is just a rough video out behind the shop......we knew the magwell adaptor ran ...just testing the bolt hold open so no full mags.....and pretty crappy video.....was just to send to my partner and the first mag I'm shooting from is a 10 round USC. I'm doing my best to bring things to life that will help those of you "behind enemy lines"

I am also the supplier of .45 ACP Uppers endorsed by both Justin at CNC Guns for the AR45 lower....and by GWACS Armory, makers of the Cav Arms MKII with Hahn magwell adaptor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWCmGDAvMFg

Now that looks promising. I'll be sending you an email sir regarding pricing. Thanks!

Mad Machinist 03-06-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 13595249)
What's the gas system length for that DI45?

It is a VERY short 100% custom affair...no commercially available components. I make my own gas blocks and tubes here.
I subcontract bolts and extractors and make all my barrels from raw rifled barrel blanks in house....just bought a Haas SL20T CNC lathe to speed up the process......and a VS2 CNC mill.....getting ready to add a 4th axis as well....
hopefully we'll get the website up and running soon.....or at least an informational site.......but considering ti was building these in the back of the engine shop in a corner six months ago...LOL....we ahve come along way...new shop, new equipment and a bunch of new products in the works. Our focus is to provide the AR15 community with all things pistol caliber and do everything we can to provide as much of it as possible to those behind enemy lines.
I'm a former army officer...and stupid laws just generally piss me off....LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo3937 (Post 13594585)
Rudy built me a DI 45 upper last year. It is probably the most fun set up I have to shoot.

I originally started with a mag block and Pro Mag Uzi magazines. It has been a very reliable set up. I recently switched to one of Justin's CNC45 lowers, haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but the ability to use un-modified grease gun mags is a major plus!

Rudy is the go to guy to answer all your questions regarding DI45 setups. He will not steer you wrong!

Thanks for the kind words.....I do my best.....Is that you Mark? Congrats on the AR45 lower.....I know you love it.....and I think I have one still in the wrapper 1950's vintage M3 mag on this pile I call a desk SOMEWHERE...does that make a difference in CA?

leftyloo 03-06-2014 11:41 PM

Tag

deadcoyote 03-07-2014 9:02 AM

Oly makes a .45 upper that is blow back and is designed to use their not so bueno proprietary mags. There's an outfit that makes a .45 spicific AR lower that uses standard lower parts and the oly upper but is wider than spec to accept grease gun mags. google AR-45 lower. I wanted to build one but the stripped lower is $400.

Mad Machinist 03-07-2014 2:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadcoyote (Post 13602803)
Oly makes a .45 upper that is blow back and is designed to use their not so bueno proprietary mags. There's an outfit that makes a .45 spicific AR lower that uses standard lower parts and the oly upper but is wider than spec to accept grease gun mags. google AR-45 lower. I wanted to build one but the stripped lower is $400.

Actually Justin at CNC guns has them on sale for $275 plus shipping....if you are interested I'll post his amended purchase order here.

I promise...if you ever shoot a DI 45......you'll never even mention Olympic blowback again.........

green grunt 03-07-2014 3:06 PM

AR in 45acp....I like.....in touch with Rudy now , great guy , working on getting one set up "old school" style (A1), I tried the OlyArms upper with there mag....did not float my boat ! , it worked most of the time , I've tried other 45acp carbines , Thuron defense , Marlin camp carbine , but want one that will slip onto my reg. AR lower and be GTG ....if all go's well I'll give a range report at a later date.

no funds right now , can't spend that much yet ....working on it....GG

MR_X 03-07-2014 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Machinist (Post 13594469)
Yes....yes we do......Here is a pic of the standard 16 inch DI upper with Samson Evolution handguard on a shop lower with the magwell adaptor inserted and a 10 round ProMag USC Magazine.
It is a pretty well made affair with steel feed lips molded in.........and while the website isn't up yet
Here is a short informational video featuring the Macon Armory AR15 45 ACP conversion and some fat old guy....:thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AyOPATXW7Y

Been looking for this configuration for a WHILE. Emailing you

JackRydden224 03-07-2014 3:16 PM

Rudy I just sent you an email on custom build DI45 uppers.

I think we are interested in the prices for the adapters as well if we do not go with Justin @ CNC.

JackRydden224 03-07-2014 3:17 PM

I think we are interested in the prices for the adapters as well if we do not go with Justin @ CNC.

weespeed 03-07-2014 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Machinist (Post 13596157)
It is a VERY short 100% custom affair...no commercially available components. I make my own gas blocks and tubes here.
I subcontract bolts and extractors and make all my barrels from raw rifled barrel blanks in house....just bought a Haas SL20T CNC lathe to speed up the process......and a VS2 CNC mill.....getting ready to add a 4th axis as well....
hopefully we'll get the website up and running soon.....or at least an informational site.......but considering ti was building these in the back of the engine shop in a corner six months ago...LOL....we ahve come along way...new shop, new equipment and a bunch of new products in the works. Our focus is to provide the AR15 community with all things pistol caliber and do everything we can to provide as much of it as possible to those behind enemy lines.
I'm a former army officer...and stupid laws just generally piss me off....LOL

Will you have any in pistol lengths as well, like 7" to 10"?

Thanks and tagged.

veterosa 03-07-2014 4:48 PM

Heres my Oly .45 & 9 mm
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...1359245437.jpg
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...1311006755.jpg[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

MR_X 03-07-2014 6:46 PM

^what muzzle device you using on the 45?

veterosa 03-07-2014 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_X (Post 13606504)
^what muzzle device you using on the 45?

Bower's Group SMG muzzle devise

http://www.subguns.org/BowersGroupRetail.pdf

Mad Machinist 03-08-2014 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weespeed (Post 13605491)
Will you have any in pistol lengths as well, like 7" to 10"?

Thanks and tagged.

The pistol length uppers are available.....but still working on getting the LRBHO to work with barrels shorter than 10 inches......will probably start working on a lightened bolt carrier next week....but it works fine with 10 inch and longer. Just fartin around at the shop this morning.....
I threw together a 5 inch barrel upper :D it runs great on a CNC lower and with the new adaptor...just no bolt hold open on the last round. I need a high speed camera to SEE what is going on. That would probably help me with a lot of new designs in the future as well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 13605212)

Jack...I have build literally hundres of uppers for Justins lowers.....you'll be pleased either way....I have 5 CNC AR45's personally.....and a GWACS Cav Arms, and now my HK USC adapptor in a lower......the only bad thing about making AR's for a living......I'm not really sure how many I have anymore...........it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.....:D

veterosa.....nice bullet launchers.....but I promise, if you come over to the DI side you'll never go back.....:D

Mad Machinist 03-08-2014 4:36 PM

If ya'll will do me a huge favor...when you send an email, please include that you are from CalGuns and include your screen name. Thanks,
Rudy