Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns LEOs (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   LASD Jail Tour/Ride Along Attire (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=639028)

Nick22 11-02-2012 11:41 AM

LASD Jail Tour/Ride Along Attire

Just had a question to LASD deputies. I have been told I can not wear a tie on my jail tour. SO what are some suggestions on what to where. I am leaning towards Black Slacks/Black Long sleeve button up/ black dress shoes for the Jail Tour. For the Ride Along it says to wear comfortable moving shoes, So I am wondering if wearing some black dickie pants with a black polo with some black running shoes or possibly work boots would be appropriate? Any information will be appreciated, I don't want to go to either looking under dressed or like I don't care. My Jail Tour is at MCJ, and my ride along is at Compton.

Steve G 11-02-2012 12:14 PM

I want a tour of MCJ. How would I go about it?

Armed24-7 11-02-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick22 (Post 9640849)
Just had a question to LASD deputies. I have been told I can not wear a tie on my jail tour. SO what are some suggestions on what to where. I am leaning towards Black Slacks/Black Long sleeve button up/ black dress shoes for the Jail Tour. For the Ride Along it says to wear comfortable moving shoes, So I am wondering if wearing some black dickie pants with a black polo with some black running shoes or possibly work boots would be appropriate? Any information will be appreciated, I don't want to go to either looking under dressed or like I don't care. My Jail Tour is at MCJ, and my ride along is at Compton.

Wear something professional or semi professional. Slacks or dockers and a button up shirt or nice polo shirt. Be well groomed. You can't go wrong. If you looked like a slob or if you acted unprofessionally, it would not be hard for a deputy to contact your background investigator.

The attire you intend to wear will be just fine.

Armed24-7 11-02-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve G (Post 9641036)
I want a tour of MCJ. How would I go about it?

Unfortunately, LASD doesn't give jail tours to the general public unless you are an applicant going through the backgrounds process. Sorry :(

SeanCasey 11-02-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armed24-7 (Post 9641186)
Unfortunately, LASD doesn't give jail tours to the general public unless you are an applicant going through the backgrounds process. Sorry :(

Or commit a crime :p

(I don't suggest that, but it will get you a great tour and first hand experience)

TrailerparkTrash 11-02-2012 2:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanCasey (Post 9641242)
Or commit a crime :p

(I don't suggest that, but it will get you a great tour and first hand experience)

Or are enrolled in a college criminal justice course where you tour various prisons and jails etc...

Or, are a member of the ACLU (American Criminal LOVERS Union) that is working on a case to sue the LASD.

Or, know a family member that works there and can get you a personal tour! :D

Or, you give campaign contributions to the Sheriff :cool:

Nick22 11-02-2012 2:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armed24-7 (Post 9641180)
Wear something professional or semi professional. Slacks or dockers and a button up shirt or nice polo shirt. Be well groomed. You can't go wrong. If you looked like a slob or if you acted unprofessionally, it would not be hard for a deputy to contact your background investigator.

The attire you intend to wear will be just fine.

Thank you for the response. I agree that it would be quite easy to contact my BI when I hand them a paper with his name and number on it approving my ride along. I do not want to start off on the wrong foot or make a bad impression considering the Deputies I make a bad impression with could be potential future co workers if everything goes well.

Bobby Ricigliano 11-02-2012 3:00 PM

Business Casual. Polo or button down and dockers type pants are fine.

P.S. Don't touch anything!

Nick22 11-02-2012 4:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano (Post 9642087)

That's what I keep hearing! I feel like I should be bringing some gloves and not taking them off!

Armed24-7 11-02-2012 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick22 (Post 9641801)
Thank you for the response. I agree that it would be quite easy to contact my BI when I hand them a paper with his name and number on it approving my ride along. I do not want to start off on the wrong foot or make a bad impression considering the Deputies I make a bad impression with could be potential future co workers if everything goes well.

Well, it seems you certainly have your head screwed on straight. Keep using good common sense and you will be fine.

Armed24-7 11-02-2012 4:34 PM

Quote:

.....also, keep your hands away from your face and wash your hands very well after you are done.

Disease in the jails are worse today than it was way back when I worked custody. Even then, it took me a year to build up a strong tolerance.

Nick22 11-02-2012 5:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armed24-7 (Post 9642695)
Well, it seems you certainly have your head screwed on straight. Keep using good common sense and you will be fine.

Thank you, this is my future we are talking about so I have always found it wise to stay humble for the opportunity and not anger anyone. And as far as touching my face and washing my hands, I work as Hospital Security right now and am pretty good about washing my hands very frequently. Usually the people Security has to deal with in an Emergency Department are not the most well groomed patients.

Notorious 11-03-2012 3:31 AM

Have fun. MCJ is a very different jail than what people think. Biggest jail operation around these parts, and I think, the whole state.

Listen to directions, and definitely keep your hands to yourself.

fonso 11-03-2012 8:48 AM

Quote:

. . .

That's for sure!!!

One 4-12 shift, I had a reserve riding along with me and, when I went into a cafe to get some take out lunch, he touched something--the SIREN on/off switch--and he didn't know how to turn it off.

Needless, I was perturbed when I ran out not knowing to expect, finding this dumb-**s fumbling around the dashboard.

After I turned off the siren, I informed him to "don't touch anything!"

After that fiasco, he was known by everyone as "Mister Wizard." :D

Armed24-7 11-03-2012 9:39 AM

Quote:

MSRA is NO joke:
http://mercerinfectionpictures.com/i...-Infection.jpg

AleksandreCz 11-03-2012 9:56 AM

Quote:

I can vouch for the touching My Bunky in ventura Got staff infection from touching his matress

madjack956 11-03-2012 10:11 AM

Wow! you would think if the place is that much of a cesspool, they might want to douche it with a little bleach. Bleach is cheap.

Samuelx 11-03-2012 10:49 AM

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Deputy X and I'll be taking you for a quick tour of Men's Central Jail. Everyone got your visitor ID's? Make sure you don't lose those or you might be staying longer than you'd like. Waivers are all signed? Life insurance policies updated? No weapons, drugs, cell phones or recording devices or any other contraband - you all put your stuff in the lockers outside, right? Everyone have a "tour buddy"? We use the buddy system here - you guys make sure your buddy doesn't go missing. And, if the inmates get loose and start rushing us, you throw your buddy at them and run the other way. Some of you guys are dressed pretty nice. You may get mistaken for aclu and some of the inmates may want to talk to you or lodge a complaint or something. No talking to the inmates. No physical contact or giving them anything. There are a lot of germs in here. If you touch something with your hands, keep them away from your face and make sure you wash thoroughly as soon as we're done. By the way, if you get held hostage and this applies to all of us deputies working in here too, there's no guarantee that they'll negotiate for your release. So, keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times, don't feed the animals, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :p:D

Mr310 11-03-2012 11:41 AM

Here's another tip for your ride-along - try not to breathe too deeply when the deputy pulls over the unit so that you're the one closest to the hooker who has a hacking cough and leans into the car while they have a little chat.

CSACANNONEER 11-03-2012 11:54 AM

I've got an old orange jumpsuit from Cal Trans that I can loan you for your tour and/or ridealong.

Nick22 11-03-2012 2:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER (Post 9646845)
I've got an old orange jumpsuit from Cal Trans that I can loan you for your tour and/or ridealong.

Haha, that would make a interesting first impression.

Notorious 11-03-2012 9:51 PM

Forget the orange ones, give him the blue one with the stripes down the side.