Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Orange (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352774)

guntrust 02-12-2011 6:58 AM

I link to this Orange County calguns thread on a community toolbar I've developed for Orange County families (see link in my signature). Please suggest additions of local interest that i can make to the toolbar.

RSC 03-12-2011 10:12 PM

Any news on peeling orange county? How long can she stall?

BlindRacer 03-14-2011 8:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSC (Post 5992187)
Any news on peeling orange county? How long can she stall?

I'm guessing that Hutchens will stall till the last possible second. She may even hold out past a 9th circuit decision. It will probably take a Supreme Court decision, plus threat of her personally seeing repercussions from not complying.

Then again, who knows. Orange County is fairly conservative (less and less every day, though). It's possible that she may fall with an appropriate court decision (one that impacts her directly - so not the Yolo case)

RSC 03-14-2011 6:51 PM

... so we patiently wait and bide our time :sleeping:

OliveDrab 03-19-2011 11:36 AM

OC CCW good cause?

I'm a resident of orange county looking to get my Ccw.

Would good cause be;
I work as An EMT where I often transport mentally ill patients who need to be restrained ect. I also pick up sick and or mentally I'll patents from jails. My work Is predominately in the OC area and often in my own city. In the short time I've been doing this I have ran into ex patients of mine who have harassed, threatened, ans verbally abused me. I feel that possessing a Ccw would stop a heated ex patient from doing harm to my self or others based upon our past experiences.

What do you guys think?

707electrician 03-19-2011 11:45 AM

I would issue you a CCW

OliveDrab 03-19-2011 12:01 PM

Thank you, but with "they" issue me a Ccw haha

$P-Ritch$ 03-19-2011 12:10 PM

Sounds like GC to me as well. However, with Hutchens one of the extremely anti-CCW sheriffs, your chances won't be looking too good.

dantodd 03-19-2011 1:28 PM

Look through the gc statements of corrections officers, they are very similar. You should be able to supply specific examples. If they deny start filing police reports for every threat.

Doheny 03-21-2011 4:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OliveDrab (Post 6035569)
I'm a resident of orange county looking to get my Ccw.

Would good cause be;
I work as An EMT where I often transport mentally ill patients who need to be restrained ect. I also pick up sick and or mentally I'll patents from jails. My work Is predominately in the OC area and often in my own city. In the short time I've been doing this I have ran into ex patients of mine who have harassed, threatened, ans verbally abused me. I feel that possessing a Ccw would stop a heated ex patient from doing harm to my self or others based upon our past experiences.

What do you guys think?

My guess is that you'd need to have your employer confirm that a threat does exist. Documented threats would help.

With the current sheriff, I don't think that the fear of something happening such as you detail is good enough GC.

RollingCode3 03-22-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantodd (Post 6036064)
Look through the gc statements of corrections officers, they are very similar. You should be able to supply specific examples. If they deny start filing police reports for every threat.

Do you know if they actually issue CCW permit to correction officers in OC? The last time I check, they require a letter from your employer stating your duties and why you feel you need a CCW permit. Good luck with that.

Window_Seat 03-25-2011 10:48 PM

5 sponsorships ($500.00) purchased. Any matches? Anyone for other counties?

I'm from ALCO, and we're fully funded in the +, so I figured that due what the OC CCW initiative is facing...

Erik.

luckystrike 03-29-2011 12:09 AM

the only people with CCWs from OC that I have talked to have "conditional" CCWs I guess. kind of "only in the coarse/conduct of work" and whatnot. Kommissar hutchens is a stubborn one.

Im really itching for one tho. :(

PatientCone 04-06-2011 9:33 PM

I am strongly considering applying for a CCW in Orange County and would like some help polishing out my good cause and getting the process started. Any info will help.. PM me. Thanks

sima09 04-09-2011 11:54 AM

What classes do we need to take to be POST certified?

steadyrock 04-13-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystrike (Post 5796345)
how is hutchens sheriff? I have not met a single deputy that likes her and half those guys refer to her as "the *****"

Hutchens is Sheriff for two reasons:
  1. She misrepresented herself to the Board of Supervisors during the selection process, and gained appointment
  2. When she ran for public election last year, a group of self-styled CCW experts and wannabe LEO fanboys from some other forum decided to run their own candidate and split the "non-Hutchens" vote, based largely on a grudge held over from the Carona days. Though their candidate came in dead last (by a LOOONG shot), he still took away enough in votes and campaign strength from her primary contender to hand her an easy victory.

Were it not for the misguided antics of a few, it is likely that OC would have a Sheriff today who stated he would issue for personal protection, and we wouldn't have to worry about fighting here. It's a shame, but poorly thought out strategies sometimes carry with them heavy ramifications.

BigfootHunter 04-13-2011 12:15 PM

What forum was that?

1BigPea 04-13-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigfootHunter (Post 6194770)
What forum was that?

I'll go out on a limb and say it was calccw.com

luckystrike 04-16-2011 1:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BigPea (Post 6194790)
I'll go out on a limb and say it was calccw.com

I was kind of thinking the same, same BS as a cop AND ccw instructor on there telling people "NO!! AMMO IN THE SAME LOCKED CONTAINER AS THE FIREARM IS STILL LOADED!!!!":rolleyes:

smokeysbandit 04-19-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadyrock (Post 6194693)
Hutchens is Sheriff for two reasons:
  1. When she ran for public election last year, a group of self-styled CCW experts and wannabe LEO fanboys from some other forum decided to run their own candidate and split the "non-Hutchens" vote, based largely on a grudge held over from the Carona days. Though their candidate came in dead last (by a LOOONG shot), he still took away enough in votes and campaign strength from her primary contender to hand her an easy victory.

Were it not for the misguided antics of a few, it is likely that OC would have a Sheriff today who stated he would issue for personal protection, and we wouldn't have to worry about fighting here. It's a shame, but poorly thought out strategies sometimes carry with them heavy ramifications.

This is incorrect. While I voted for Hunt, those votes for Hunter should not be vilified. He was a good candidate for our cause. In this election Hutchens was the incumbent and as such needed 50.1% of the vote in order to avoid a runoff. She received 52.7% of the vote, so regardless of any split that occurred between her opponents, she still got too many votes. The final split between Hunt and Hunter was only 7.5%.

guntrust 04-20-2011 8:35 AM

smokeysbandit, i think your static, snapshot analysis ignores the likelihood that the acrimony, conflict, and confusion added to the campaign by Hunter's candidacy, endorsed by the Register though a longshot, inured to Hutchens' benefit in pushing her over 50% and diminishing Hunt's momentum.

1BigPea 04-20-2011 8:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guntrust (Post 6237656)
smokeysbandit, i think your static, snapshot analysis ignores the likelihood that the acrimony, conflict, and confusion added to the campaign by Hunter's candidacy, endorsed by the Register though a longshot, inured to Hutchens' benefit in pushing her over 50% and diminishing Hunt's momentum.

^^^^EXACTLY^^^^

One pro CCW candidate was enough.

RSC 04-28-2011 6:48 PM

Is there any news on the good cause info from Mrs. Hutchens yet.

I know, retorical question, but had to ask anyway. It just baffles me how long this stalling of a "simple" information request can take.

frdman 05-24-2011 1:11 AM

Is anyone else besides me having trouble signing up to volunteer on here: https://calgunsfoundation.org/volunt...istration.html ?

Stryprod 06-03-2011 9:43 AM

About time I gave a little cash!!! Newest sponsor for Orange!

RSC 06-04-2011 7:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryprod (Post 6523406)
About time I gave a little cash!!! Newest sponsor for Orange!

Welcome and thanks for the contribution, we in OC have a teeny issue with our sheriff in regards to CCW and every contributor helps quite a bit to rectify the current situation.

Stryprod 06-06-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSC (Post 6532044)
Welcome and thanks for the contribution, we in OC have a teeny issue with our sheriff in regards to CCW and every contributor helps quite a bit to rectify the current situation.

Yep, I am aware of her! Hope for the best in the near future!

Anchors 07-08-2011 4:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 707electrician (Post 6035616)
I would issue you a CCW

:rofl2:
I would too man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Window_Seat (Post 6079443)
5 sponsorships ($500.00) purchased. Any matches? Anyone for other counties?

I'm from ALCO, and we're fully funded in the +, so I figured that due what the OC CCW initiative is facing...

Erik.

That is extremely generous of you, sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sima09 (Post 6169808)
What classes do we need to take to be POST certified?

Peace Officer Standards and Training Certification is something people get before they become police officers. You can get a CCW without a POST certification and you can get a POST certification and not be issued a CCW (if you aren't a LEO who already has carry rights).

BlindRacer 07-11-2011 4:34 PM

Does anyone know if Hutchens is withholding the CCW applications like Ventura County was? If so, would the win in Ventura help pressure the OC to provide theirs as well?

luckystrike 07-11-2011 4:43 PM

what do you mean? was ventura not giving out the physical application?

BlindRacer 07-11-2011 4:56 PM

That's what I understood from this thread...

CALGUNS FOUNDATION PREVAILS IN VENTURA CCW RECORDS CASE

As far as I can tell, Ventura wasn't supplying the CCW records. This win by CGF forces them to turn them over.

What I was wanting to know is if Orange County is withholding their records like Ventura was. And if so, will the win in Ventura help push OC to provide same.

luckystrike 07-11-2011 6:39 PM

I dont know if they are or not but I would like to know. I have a feeling that the outcome on Ventura co will have no bearing on Orange but I could be wrong. She has already felt the pressure and dosent care. from her own words "if you want a ccw vote for someone else." VVVV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODa7_0VcMI

Kid Stanislaus 07-11-2011 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindRacer (Post 6751951)
What I was wanting to know is if Orange County is withholding their records like Ventura was. And if so, will the win in Ventura help push OC to provide same.

For now it'll depend on what kind of people are running OCSO. If they're a bunch of boneheads you can expect more foot dragging. If their IQs average out to anything on the right side of the bell curve then maybe they'll see the writing on the wall. :rolleyes:

jmsenk 07-19-2011 3:30 PM

This is definitely something I am paying attention to. Moving to OC from Florida, I feel naked going out without a pistol on my hip. I am a DOJ certified instructor, Military veteran, and regularly transport multiple firearms (which I am sure the state of California would not want to be stolen because I am unarmed) but I was told by an LEO that, no, that probably would not even come close to qualifing as good cause, and to stand by for the moment... and self defense quite clearly doesn't count as a reason to be armed (go figure) I'll be signing up as a Volunteer and as soon as I get some more cash will be donating (more than I already have at the last Gun Show... which got me onto Calguns.net)

BlindRacer 07-19-2011 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsenk (Post 6801322)
This is definitely something I am paying attention to. Moving to OC from Florida, I feel naked going out without a pistol on my hip. I am a DOJ certified instructor, Military veteran, and regularly transport multiple firearms (which I am sure the state of California would not want to be stolen because I am unarmed) but I was told by an LEO that, no, that probably would not even come close to qualifing as good cause, and to stand by for the moment... and self defense quite clearly doesn't count as a reason to be armed (go figure) I'll be signing up as a Volunteer and as soon as I get some more cash will be donating (more than I already have at the last Gun Show... which got me onto Calguns.net)

DOJ certified instructor, and Military veteran, ha! You're not qualified to even touch a firearm, let alone carry one. Why don't you take some tactical 'campaign contribution' courses, and maybe a little one on one brown nosing classes. They may consider you at that point. :D

Really though, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully within the next year or so, the right to carry for self defense will be confirmed by the courts, and we'll all be able to carry. Not just judges, police, and criminals.

jmsenk 07-19-2011 4:28 PM

Hmmmm... a tactical "Campaign Contribution" course, haha:rolleyes:... sounds interesting, but I guess that would depend on who's campaign... and what they tried to pass off as "tactical"

Anchors 08-13-2011 2:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsenk (Post 6801322)

Welcome man. Good to have another good person here in California with firearms and thank you for your service.

I moved here from Arizona, so I feel your pain. My dad lives in Florida and carries everyday.

luckystrike 09-05-2011 6:36 PM

Any updates for OC?

Doheny 09-05-2011 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystrike (Post 7099534)
Any updates for OC?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=473827

luckystrike 09-05-2011 10:43 PM

Thanks