Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calgunners in Service (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Next up in the rotation (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=758077)

kermit315 05-06-2013 9:20 PM

Next up in the rotation
 
Got a phone call this morning. Guess I am deploying much earlier than I was originally led to believe. Nothing like jumping through my *** at the last minute to be ready for a deployment I was told I wasnt going on.

Oh well, it is what it is. At least I am deploying instead of sitting in Norfolk....Bahrain is much better than this place.

SonofWWIIDI 05-06-2013 9:22 PM

Good luck! Keep your head on a swivel and stay safe!

Thanks for your service!

dynamomark80 05-06-2013 9:54 PM

I had to Google it. Is that the little chuck of dirt in the Persian Gulf just west of Qatar?

kermit315 05-06-2013 10:00 PM

yeah......still better than Norfolk.

SGT Loco 05-06-2013 10:35 PM

Cool man. It's not often you get the DoD to pay for an extended vacation ;)

steelrain82 05-07-2013 2:32 PM

Nice per diem, hazardous duty pay, good chow options, nice living quarters, cheap gold, cheap hand tailored suits. Hell of a lot better than Norfolk

dynamomark80 05-07-2013 2:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelrain82 (Post 11286341)
Nice per diem, hazardous duty pay, good chow options, nice living quarters, cheap gold, cheap hand tailored suits. Hell of a lot better than Norfolk

so you dont need me to send you moonshine, Twinkies, and such :party:

kermit315 05-07-2013 3:53 PM

haha, not so much. It will be nice to deploy again. I was getting itchy after instructor duty.

Mr.Caketown 05-07-2013 6:50 PM

You are in the navy , a good majority of you guys have sham deployments. Im secretly jealous since Army deployments are like prison sentances .... well i should say im jealous minus the whole Navy/Liquid soap ordeal

kermit315 05-07-2013 7:03 PM

haha, liquid soap is only for the newbies....

dynamomark80 05-07-2013 7:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kermit315 (Post 11288850)
haha, liquid soap is only for the newbies....

Im a civi so please forgive my ignorance, what is the deal with the soap?

rero360 05-07-2013 7:28 PM

I'll trade you my upcoming deployment, I'll go there and you can go to RC South.

3lsmc7 05-07-2013 7:33 PM

Stay safe out there!!

You going to be on base the whole time? Been there a couple times, didn't enjoy any of it... Sooooo hot!!

Boxkicker 05-07-2013 7:51 PM

Thank you for your service. Per diem galore :cool: If you're going to work at the AV unit, blingbling is your food runner.

kermit315 05-07-2013 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rero360 (Post 11289153)
I'll trade you my upcoming deployment, I'll go there and you can go to RC South.

hmmm, let me think about it:

NO.

prod39 05-07-2013 8:35 PM

God Bless you for your service and Please be careful !
Jim B.

SGT Loco 05-07-2013 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rero360 (Post 11289153)
I'll trade you my upcoming deployment, I'll go there and you can go to RC South.

Kandahar in the summer. Doesn't get much better than that :cool2:

kermit315 05-07-2013 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamomark80 (Post 11289079)
Im a civi so please forgive my ignorance, what is the deal with the soap?

You ever drop liquid soap in the shower? How long did it take you to pick it up......

Old joke. Army/Navy rivalry.

dynamomark80 05-08-2013 2:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kermit315 (Post 11290141)
You ever drop liquid soap in the shower? How long did it take you to pick it up......

Old joke. Army/Navy rivalry.

LOL

at my old job some of the guys (a few Army, 1 Air Force, and 1 former Army now with the Nat Guard Reserve) that served were talking about military stuff in general like boot camp and stations they were at. well one guy walks tells another he wouldn't know anything about the military because he never served. the guy exclaimed he served in the Air Force. just for a second everyone was silent and the first guy calmly says "exactly"
All the Army guys started to laugh so hard.

TAK 05-09-2013 12:38 PM

I wish I was in your shoes I have been begging to get on afghan/psd/advisor/any deployment since I got back from my last one. But our battalion won't release anyone, gotta stay strong for a our meu in a year I guess.

dynamomark80 05-09-2013 9:14 PM

well let me know if you guys need something. Twinkies are going back into production so I could send some if you guys like that kind of stuff.

Bobby Ricigliano 05-10-2013 1:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDavis (Post 11288732)
You are in the navy , a good majority of you guys have sham deployments. Im secretly jealous since Army deployments are like prison sentances .... well i should say im jealous minus the whole Navy/Liquid soap ordeal

I was in the Army and my deployment was to a Navy base. Overall it was one of the best years of my life!

SGT Loco 05-10-2013 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano (Post 11312922)
I was in the Army and my deployment was to a Navy base. Overall it was one of the best years of my life!

The Air Force gets a "substandard living allowance" when they stay in Army barracks.

kermit315 05-10-2013 6:10 PM

I want the deployment, but was planning on next year, you know, like they told us after they slid us. Anyway, my timetables are all based off of that, so I am busier than hell getting things ready.

chris 05-10-2013 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDavis (Post 11288732)
You are in the navy , a good majority of you guys have sham deployments. Im secretly jealous since Army deployments are like prison sentances .... well i should say im jealous minus the whole Navy/Liquid soap ordeal

Quote:

Originally Posted by kermit315 (Post 11288850)
haha, liquid soap is only for the newbies....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamomark80 (Post 11289079)
Im a civi so please forgive my ignorance, what is the deal with the soap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kermit315 (Post 11290141)
You ever drop liquid soap in the shower? How long did it take you to pick it up......

Old joke. Army/Navy rivalry.


in the Navy if you drop the soap you may get a surprise.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.