Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Gays With Guns (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=412)
-   -   GaysWithGuns Welcomes One and All! --- GWG Mission Statement (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1354943)

GayGuns 07-11-2017 10:47 AM

GaysWithGuns Welcomes One and All! --- GWG Mission Statement

First off many thanks to Kestryll (head janitor here) for setting up this forum and all the great support we've gotten from CalGuns members. I've been a member of CalGuns for quite awhile now and the support and acceptance has literally been overwhelming at times. Indeed a great bunch of people!

While we are transitioning away from meetup.com due to the expense I can only hope we get those members to convert to CalGuns.

Please introduce yourself to the group when you join!

The mission statement of GaysWithGuns is the same as it was on Meetup:

https://www.meetup.com/Gays-With-Guns/

---------------------------------

Gays with Guns is a social group primarily about helping anyone to learn responsible and safe use of firearms for the use of self defense and recreation and furthering a citizen's gun rights. GWG's is also about promoting the repeal of all anti-gun laws, especially those that restrict CC.

'Had any one of the patrons been armed in Orlando... '

Gays With Guns is not about classifying LGBT people as different or setting ourselves as special or apart from anyone else --it's about reaching out to a minority demographic who might not normally be viewed as pro 2nd Amendment. We believe the 2nd is vitally important to our nation, our civil liberties; self-defense and our peace of mind. For additional information please visit www.GaysWithGuns.net

While some of the Gays With Guns members might be politically active we welcome all people of every political party. GWG tries to remain a-political, however the core belief of GWG is, and always will be, --that the Constitution is the most important document in America and therein the 2nd amendment is the most important amendment. The 2nd amendment is the teeth of the constitution, it was put #2 (instead of 8 or 9) for that very reason.

GWG is based in Los Angeles with the aim of having chapters in every major city.

---------------------------------

Thanks and lets go ROCK the RANGE!

Kyle1886 07-11-2017 10:52 AM

Congratulations on your new sub-forum.

Continue the good work.

Respectfully
Kyle

NYT 07-11-2017 10:53 AM

Good to see you guys/gals here.

Calico1404 07-11-2017 10:58 AM

Good work and welcome home.

Garv 07-11-2017 11:03 AM

I want my own subforum! (borrrring.)

Glad Kes helped out.

LowThudd 07-11-2017 12:57 PM

Right on! Keep up the good work.

afteractionreport 07-11-2017 1:13 PM

Good stuff...

Mike22 07-11-2017 7:24 PM

Welcome!

BB-Stacker 07-11-2017 7:45 PM

GWG

Welcome and I'm pleased your group chose CalGuns. I wish you all the best and hope your ranks grow and helps champion our 2d Amendment rights.

Tasty 07-11-2017 9:17 PM

Nice to see you guys/girls have your own subforum and a place to call home. Welcome.

WReyth 07-11-2017 11:10 PM

Glad you've been speaking up. The more people who might find themselves targeted for violence and oppression realize that the 2nd Amendment protects liberty, not simply pieces of metal, then the better they can understand its importance to free people.

Welcome to those joining us from meetup, hope you find the info/banter/discussion you want.

the Scholar 07-12-2017 12:10 AM

Welcome

Chunker 07-12-2017 1:12 AM

Welcome!

Skip_Dog 07-12-2017 11:26 AM

Welcome. Any pro 2end amendment group is ok in my book.

uhlan1 07-12-2017 11:18 PM

Great to see!

Rizzo 07-13-2017 8:49 AM

Sorry, I don't get it.
We are all gun enthusiasts so why the need to identify what type of person you are?
So are Blacks with guns, Whites with guns, Chihuahua owners with guns forums on the horizon?
Enough with the identity politics is what i say.
Let's just talk firearms here on this firearms website.

Kestryll 07-13-2017 2:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzo (Post 20362535)
Sorry, I don't get it.
We are all gun enthusiasts so why the need to identify what type of person you are?
So are Blacks with guns, Whites with guns, Chihuahua owners with guns forums on the horizon?

I think some clarification is in order Rizzo,this forum is not about segregating gay gun owners from the rest of the forum.

'Gays With Guns' is an organization the does firearms training and outreach within the gay community. This is a demographic that is normally not engaged at all on 2A at best and antagonistic to 2A at worst.
This forum was set up to give the Gays With Guns org a place to communicate with it's members, set up classes and hopefully bring them in to the wider 2A community.

2nd Amendment rights belong to everyone and the more people we get involved in self defense, recreational shooting or any other shooting sport the more people we have with a vested interest in protecting those rights!

TheRealVIC 07-13-2017 3:46 PM

get down with yo bad selfs

SIGness 07-13-2017 4:35 PM

Welcome aboard!

colbymine 07-13-2017 5:02 PM

Awesom, the more the merrier.

smokeyfs 07-13-2017 6:11 PM

Good on you

Maltese Falcon 07-13-2017 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip_Dog (Post 20358751)
Welcome. Any pro 2end amendment group is ok in my book.

This!

Etihtsarom 07-13-2017 10:03 PM

Gay or straight, we all fondle our guns.

melliw 07-26-2017 10:31 AM

Welcome my brothers and sisters.

GayGuns 07-26-2017 1:37 PM

Apologies. Full disclosure: Being new forum monitor I accidentally made a previous edit to Etihsarom's post when I actually meant to reply to it with this comment:

Some of us even sleep with them. Something about that hard steel... Bahahaha Ok. I may have to delete this comment later. Need to try and keep it G rated.

357manny 07-26-2017 1:40 PM

belated congrats on subforum! rock on!

Fotodog 08-01-2017 10:03 PM

Welcome! The more the merrier.

skeleman63 08-30-2017 11:39 AM

https://www.facebook.com/PinkPistols...NofX9E&fref=nf

TheYellowDart 09-24-2017 6:54 PM

welcome !

TheYellowDart 09-24-2017 7:11 PM

welcome !

MosesNagant 09-25-2017 11:24 PM

Hell yeah dudes stoked to see this. Totally support in support here, I would love to help out.

MosesNagant 09-25-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzo (Post 20362535)
Sorry, I don't get it.

Hell Yes!

Ron-Solo 09-26-2017 12:05 AM

As the father of a gay man, I welcome you to CalGuns. If you ever have an event in the Riverside County area where you need help, please send me a private message.

I have many years shooting and am an NRA rifle instructor. I would love to help out in what I feel is a very underrepresented part of the firearms community.

Ron

Discogodfather 09-26-2017 9:14 AM

I've said for years one of the most powerful allies in the pro-2A world could be gay organizations. Pro-2A is usually dismissed by the anti's as a CIS white male club, so when people that don't fit into that mold have pro-2A ideology it's a very strong argument. There are some in the anti-gun world that conflate pro-2A with CIS white male identity, and that's bad for many reasons.

So welcome, and if there are any plans to expand to SF let me know.

GayGuns 09-26-2017 9:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron-Solo (Post 20694283)
As the father of a gay man, I welcome you to CalGuns. If you ever have an event in the Riverside County area where you need help, please send me a private message.

I have many years shooting and am an NRA rifle instructor. I would love to help out in what I feel is a very underrepresented part of the firearms community.

Ron

Thanks Ron! For both the support and the offer!

Exdc 09-28-2017 1:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestryll (Post 20363917)
I think some clarification is in order Rizzo,this forum is not about segregating gay gun owners from the rest of the forum.

'Gays With Guns' is an organization the does firearms training and outreach within the gay community. This is a demographic that is normally not engaged at all on 2A at best and antagonistic to 2A at worst.

This forum was set up to give the Gays With Guns org a place to communicate with it's members, set up classes and hopefully bring them in to the wider 2A community.

2nd Amendment rights belong to everyone and the more people we get involved in self defense, recreational shooting or any other shooting sport the more people we have with a vested interest in protecting those rights!

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Happy that this community has found a home here. I'm a Q in the alphabet soup, but an LGB ally, and while I'm not certified, I'd love to be involved in safety training in the SF bay area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie Jay 09-28-2017 7:43 PM

late to the party, but welcome!

powderedtoastman 10-11-2017 8:31 PM

I get along with my pro 2a motherS in law better than I do my own Mom and Dad! Based on my limited experience, I personally feel LGBT persons are more likely to be victims of violent crime. Get trained. Get strapped. Protect you and yours. Welcome!

Guerrilla Warfare 10-14-2017 4:11 PM

Yikes! Forgot to post in this one! I'm a content contributor and also manage the Facebook page for GWG. I'm straight and have many dear friends and family who are LGBT. Glad we have this forum up, thanks CalGuns!

J_Breezy 10-14-2017 8:43 PM

Hello all,

I go by Breezy and one of the co-organizers for GWG. I'm the 'B' in the LGBTQ+ alphabet. Thanks to all for the support and happy to find the larger community of CGN as well.

My journey started following the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting. Two unsettling thoughts kept ringing with me: 1) as often as I may feel safe in queer oriented spaces, nothing is guaranteed and 2) there was a lot of buzz about gun control legislation and I didn't have the ability to formulate a strong opinion on something I knew nothing about.

Through this, I found GWG, took time to educate myself, and now find advocacy for individual rights to bare arms. I superficially understood why 2A exists but didn't comprehend it. Today, more than ever, I stand by good ol' Ben Franklin when he said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."