Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Riverside Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=360)
-   -   New outdoor ranges? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1317128)

Chris300zx6 03-23-2017 2:56 PM

New outdoor ranges?

Feel free to pm me some goodies, I am out in Quail Valley and I was to play with my mosin, looking for sometging decently local znd dont want to go out into the desert, not interested in paying $20+ to shoot at a range or a $300 membership. Since SP and mcall are gone, id love to know of some. Thanks guys

Instajc556 03-23-2017 4:47 PM

I live in menifee so im close by i dont think theres anything left here i called blm and they told me i would have to go to far to shoot at blm land

Nik01 04-27-2017 7:46 PM

Tagging along... I'm out in Mead Valley and looking for somewhere local...

I was looking at a BLM map and saw that there is a small square of BLM in the field behind my house .5+ miles from any home/structures

Is the $300 membership you talking about wrens ranch?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rink Rat 04-27-2017 10:03 PM

I would like to find one open at night for some outdoor night shooting.

desertrider 04-28-2017 2:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik01 (Post 20024838)

I was looking at a BLM map and saw that there is a small square of BLM in the field behind my house .5+ miles from any home/structures

I'm in the same boat you're in Nik. I know there are some very isolated patches of BLM land, but they aren't necessarily open for shooting.

Your best bet would be to personally explore each one, and check proximity to private property and occupied dwellings. Next step would be to make contact with owner of dwelling and ask if it's okay to shoot there.

Occupant of dwelling may be owner or renter, so they may or may not be authorized to grant consent. Even if they grant consent, you would still be in direct violation of RivCo ord. 514.

I know, what a PITA. I've actually done this, to no avail. I'm sure if I hadn't spoken with the occupants they would have called RCSD as soon as they heard me shooting. Even the crack of a .22 carries a surprising distance if it's quiet out there.

Good luck, and welcome to the suck that is being a gun owner in over populated SoCal.

I miss the good old days.:(

toklad 05-02-2017 2:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik01 (Post 20024838)

wrens increased to $350