Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Los Angeles (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352761)

Yugo 02-18-2011 3:54 PM

So should we have the ccw form ready and filled out and we wait to turn it all in together? Or should I just fill it out when the time comes?

HowardW56 02-18-2011 4:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yugo (Post 5842928)
So should we have the ccw form ready and filled out and we wait to turn it all in together? Or should I just fill it out when the time comes?


Here is the application... http://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw_app.pdf

Even if you print slowly, it shouldn't take very long to complete it....

Spooled Up 02-18-2011 8:55 PM

Nevermind

RoundEye 02-19-2011 10:54 AM

I am here to support the cause when the time comes.

So does this mean that we should take the required CCW course in anticipation of submitting an application fairly soon? If I take the course, how long are the hours good for before I would need to take it again?

fit1977 02-19-2011 1:41 PM

I am ready to apply when you say go!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yugo 02-19-2011 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroG (Post 5847299)
I am here to support the cause when the time comes.

So does this mean that we should take the required CCW course in anticipation of submitting an application fairly soon? If I take the course, how long are the hours good for before I would need to take it again?


same question? :confused::confused:

Kid Stanislaus 02-20-2011 6:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooled Up (Post 5842607)
Anymore thoughts/suggestions?

Yeah, listen to what people here are trying to tell you. :rolleyes:

cybersync 02-26-2011 5:39 PM

My wife and I are notaries for the state of CA from the county of Los Angeles, we are in situations every week that are uncertain. May I apply for a CCW?

kablooie 02-26-2011 7:22 PM

ANYONE can apply for CCW... getting approved is a completely different subject, i mean problem.

PI-Shooter 03-07-2011 12:54 PM

I also want to be in the loop. Please let me know when the time is right and the steps we need to take to obtain our CCW lic.

I recently moved back from NV where I still have my NvCCw. I now reside in LA county.

Thanks

SiRay6 03-14-2011 3:50 PM

just sponsored L.A. county

evil tyler durden 04-07-2011 9:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Peterson (Post 5359094)
The decision to moderate your posts in the LA County forum as off-topic was mine, not Gene's. Perpetuating your own victimhood by your reactions is pretty epic.

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:43::43::43::43::43::43:

filetitan 04-10-2011 6:36 PM

subscribed

RippSpeed 04-11-2011 4:28 AM

subscribed...

I too hate living in a anti-gun county/state... I wish I could easily get a ccw same as other states. I'll wait for the word before taking the courses...

thebronze 04-15-2011 8:49 AM

Does anyone have any info on Glendale PD's CCW policies?

johndoe2150 04-29-2011 12:32 AM

Is there anything someone in la county do to help with the initiative, other then just sending money and waiting who knows how long to get fought out in the courts?

jonbirdt 04-29-2011 6:45 AM

Two weeks....
http://www.jonbirdt.com/images/Opposition_re_MSJ.pdf
http://www.jonbirdt.com/images/Reply_re_MSJ.pdf

email 04-29-2011 7:06 AM

Nice work!

RoundEye 04-29-2011 8:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbirdt (Post 6298036)

Awesome! I wish you the best of luck, and I await your response.

RippSpeed 04-29-2011 10:19 AM

I hope that one day we can get a CCW without having to sue the city of Los Angeles and the Sheriff department.

Nirrad 04-29-2011 7:29 PM

This will be interesting! :popcorn:
:twoweeks:

Yugo 04-29-2011 11:32 PM

I have a small video production company and I carry and drive around with tens of thousand $ cameras and equipment could that be a good cause? if yes how should it be worded?

hoffmang 04-30-2011 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RawImpact (Post 6306655)
Donate to Hoffman for what? He can't even represent himself professionally as seen in the past few posts.

If this is your attitude, please don't donate. I've never asked you to donate to CGF because I'm nice - I've asked you to donate to CGF because we get results.

-Gene

BOFH 04-30-2011 4:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffmang (Post 6306877)
If this is your attitude, please don't donate. I've never asked you to donate to CGF because I'm nice - I've asked you to donate to CGF because we get results.

-Gene

LOL..."Donate for what?" :eek:

Keep doing what you do Gene.

Dirtbozz 04-30-2011 5:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOFH (Post 6306942)
LOL..."Donate for what?" :eek:

Keep doing what you do Gene.

Yea, keep up the good work Gene. As the face of the organization, your doing just fine. Thanks for "revealing" yourself.:rolleyes:

kablooie 04-30-2011 5:36 PM

wow, this is the most activity in this thread for the past several months. entertaining. :)

Dirtbozz 04-30-2011 5:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablooie (Post 6307385)
wow, this is the most activity in this thread for the past several months. entertaining. :)

It has been for me :D .

Also very enlightening. I have been putting some away towards my next $100.00 LA sponsorship (its tough when a decrepid old man is on Social Security :43: ). I think the money will serve me better at this point going towards that Glock 26 Iv'e been thinking about.

Thanks again Gene.

beemaze 04-30-2011 6:19 PM

Looking forward to positive change in L.A. County!

jonbirdt 04-30-2011 6:57 PM

No secrets- did you read the opp and reply I linked to? It lays out what it takes in la and why it is so wrong. I can also pm a list of all active lapd and lasd permit holders with good cause basis. I have their depos and internal Ccw policies. They don't hide the fact that they don't care about federal law. The motions for summary judgment are all briefed except their reply is due Monday. Should be taken under submission this week, though we just got transferred to a new job so no idea if that will speed up or slow things down. Nordyke is irrelevant now because of people v delacy and richards makes an argument designed to lose so they can deal with the issue on appeal with Peruta- but even if they win. It doesn't help or hurt any more than Peruta does in this district. In other words, computer engineer seeking funds says wait, lawyer who has sued them says the time is now. Take your pick.

Gray Peterson 04-30-2011 7:50 PM

All right, folks. This is not the place for debating these issues. I have did some moderating of this thread to where it really went off track. Take it to PM's, folks.

Peter W Bush 04-30-2011 8:21 PM

I REALLY hate LA sometimes. I have my own businesses (that have been robbed 5+ times), handle cash daily, but I can't get a CCW.

The only reason I haven't applied is because I do have an arrest on my record, but the cases were dismissed. I would pay large amounts of money for a CCW here but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

jonbirdt 04-30-2011 8:24 PM

If the arrest is not gun related you would qualify as is. A drycleaner with cash and robberies is one of the few issued by laps without a lawsuit.

Peter W Bush 04-30-2011 8:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbirdt (Post 6308193)
If the arrest is not gun related you would qualify as is. A drycleaner with cash and robberies is one of the few issued by laps without a lawsuit.

PC 11370.1

Amended to add 11350 H&S and 12025 (CCW). Charges dismissed.

racerx944 05-01-2011 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter W Bush (Post 6308181)
I REALLY hate LA sometimes. I have my own businesses (that have been robbed 5+ times), handle cash daily, but I can't get a CCW.

The only reason I haven't applied is because I do have an arrest on my record, but the cases were dismissed. I would pay large amounts of money for a CCW here but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I thought you can carry on your own business/property...

Kid Stanislaus 05-01-2011 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx944 (Post 6311936)
I thought you can carry on your own business/property...

He has to transport the cash and checks to the bank.

Peter W Bush 05-02-2011 10:11 AM

Correct. I can carry INSIDE my businesses and that's about it. Can't carry on the way to the bank, from one business to another, etc. And open carrying is not an option. If somebody wanted to rob me and saw I was armed, they would just shoot me.

Kid Stanislaus 05-02-2011 5:13 PM

Peter, I don't mean to be harsh but the truth of the matter is you made a decision to live in LA (perhaps a long time ago) and you now have the option of staying put or selling the business and moving to a free state or a more free county in CA. For the life of me I can't understand why anybody would want to live in LA but several million people do so there's got to be some attraction for them to stay. In the meantime, some folks are voting with their feet and are exiting LA for parts of the state that are more to their liking. Its your choice, stay and "fight the good fight" or flee to someplace where you are more comfortable.

Peter W Bush 05-02-2011 6:12 PM

Moving is not an option. My family is here. My businesses and property are here. Selling everything and leaving my family to move to another state would be insane for me to do.

sighere 05-07-2011 7:42 AM

I guess we'll soon see which way L.A. county goes. Here's the latest on Birdt's case
http://m.examiner.com/exLosAngeles/p...tguid=cQU9LUXp
As they say in hollywood, this one is in the can..... two weeks! (ok 3x 2weeks if we're lucky)

beemaze 05-07-2011 8:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sighere (Post 6350202)
I guess we'll soon see which way L.A. county goes. Here's the latest on Birdt's case
http://m.examiner.com/exLosAngeles/p...tguid=cQU9LUXp
As they say in hollywood, this one is in the can..... two weeks! (ok 3x 2weeks if we're lucky)

Great news!

And these overly simplistic solutions of moving out of town or to a different county really don't help our cause...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.