Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ladies Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Woman owned and operated gun store (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1398519)

grantar2 11-11-2017 6:26 PM

Woman owned and operated gun store

Quick background, my wife and I own Packin' Fur Defense, we specialize in concealed carry systems from holsters to clothing and more. This past week we were working the California Gang Task Force National Convention, and I want to give a shout out to a competitor.

Trisha Kinney owns and operates Blue Collar Firearms Inc. located in Colton. Very convinced she knows her stuff. If your looking for a firearm, want to discuss options I suggest giving her a call. Even better give her a visit. I am very convinced you find it time well spent.

She knows her guns, and as the leader for the San Bernardino chapter of the Well Armed Woman she in accustomed to working with all levels of women shooters.

Yes Blue Collar carries concealed carry purses and yes I think ours are better, but I believe if you call Trisha, your going to get honest, experienced answers to your gun questions. The do AR's as well.

My recommendation is if your in the market for a gun, check them out.
She gave me a bunch of 10% off post cards, not sure if she would let me e-mail an image of one to you. Movie Zombie suggested on another post that I make this topic it's own post. Based on what I saw at the CGTF you wont get FUD from Tricia. (FUD - Fear. Uncertainty and Doubt).

I Swan 11-12-2017 12:41 AM

I've been there. I didn't realize she owned it. Not many female owned gun shops out there and usually a man behind the scenes. I think there is one in San Diego and of course Condor in Desert Hot Springs.

BC is a small place but I like it better than the average AR oriented shop.

SSGTSemperFI 11-12-2017 2:30 AM

BCFAINC Is my local gun store. (so is Get Loaded, but Terry's prices tend to be higher)

She's not the sole owner, it's a family business, two brothers and their wives, but yes, she indeed knows a thing or two (or three) about the things she stocks.

When purchasing a self defense handgun for my mother, Trisha spent a number of hours helping my mom out. I know it wasn't the most fun thing she's ever done, but she seemed more than glad, and willing, to do it.

I've nothing but good things to say about Blue Collar, aside from their location. it's a little bit unassuming, and I think it hinders the amount of business potential they truly have. The struggles of small business :(.

grantar2 11-12-2017 10:07 PM

I should say I am not easy to impress, I don't have many gun shops I would recommend, but I felt that Tricia and I shared a commitment to make sure we provided the best information and assistance to our respective clients.

She takes pride in her work, her support of the female shooting community. She has even participated in training events in my neck of the woods at Artemis Defense Institute.

She gave me some insight into an upcoming regional Well Armed Woman event, and I can tell you were looking forward to supporting.

I think SSGTSemperFI (thank you for your service) comment about his mom says it all.

TurboChrisB 11-15-2017 7:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantar2 (Post 20894176)
Based on what I saw at the CGTF you get FUD from Tricia. (FUD - Fear. Uncertainty and Doubt).

Did you mean to say that you WON'T get FUD from Tricia?

grantar2 11-16-2017 1:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboChrisB (Post 20910623)
Did you mean to say that you WON'T get FUD from Tricia?

TurboChrisB good catch edit made. Tricia is a good source, and I am willing to say that and send people her way even though we compete in some areas.

CG11 11-16-2017 3:32 PM

A good recommendation from a competitor is a good recommendation indeed.

71MUSTY 11-16-2017 3:47 PM

WOW, Colton is really close to me.

Thanks for the heads up.

I will take wife there Saturday if she's open. Wife always likes to support other ladies,

http://www.bcfainc.com/

TurboChrisB 11-16-2017 6:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG11 (Post 20913823)
A good recommendation from a competitor is a good recommendation indeed.

This is very true....and the op is a stand up guy (at least from my observations) which makes it even better.

cannon 11-18-2017 5:12 PM

The Vault in Lancaster is female owned. Very good store too.

71MUSTY 11-21-2017 9:17 AM

Wife and i visited the store last weekend. Nice. Will be great once they finish expanding into the suite next door.

grantar2 11-22-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71MUSTY (Post 20932116)
Wife and i visited the store last weekend. Nice. Will be great once they finish expanding into the suite next door.

Glad you liked it.