Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   FFL's Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   ffl in east bay willing to do transfer (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=197685)

sava6e 06-25-2009 11:42 PM

ffl in east bay willing to do transfer
 
since everyone else seems to want to charge a million dollars to do a transfers, im looking at a 1911 frame out from of state and im not too interested in paying $150 for a transfer. i know someone out there does transfers at a reasonable rate and i am looking for your services!

Blackpowder Burner 06-26-2009 10:12 AM

You may have to travel to Santa Clara, Roger's Relics does out of state transfers and Cash Pawn Shop in South San Francisco will do it. Used them both without any problems. Both were reasonable as compared to some other dealers. Call them up for current fees. Your 1911 will also have to be on CA safe list since it is out of state transfer.

DeLaSeoulRZN 06-26-2009 10:59 AM

+1 for both. Cash Loan in South City is $80 for pistol or long gun but won't do black rifles. Roger's relics I believe is $75 for pistols/$65 got long guns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpowder Burner (Post 2689697)
You may have to travel to Santa Clara, Roger's Relics does out of state transfers and Cash Pawn Shop in South San Francisco will do it. Used them both without any problems. Both were reasonable as compared to some other dealers. Call them up for current fees. Your 1911 will also have to be on CA safe list since it is out of state transfer.


bigdaddylove 06-27-2009 12:12 PM

Rob Blank 408-946-5289 $40 + DROS= $65
RMB Enterprises fax: 408-946-5378
1000 Jacklin Road
Milpitas, CA 95035

about 40 bucks for a ffl. nice guy.

fguerra 06-27-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sava6e (Post 2688547)
since everyone else seems to want to charge a million dollars to do a transfers, im looking at a 1911 frame out from of state and im not too interested in paying $150 for a transfer. i know someone out there does transfers at a reasonable rate and i am looking for your services!

Unless you're LEO the frame transfer ain't happening. You could build it up as a single shot pistol and then transfer it in that way.

sava6e 06-27-2009 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fguerra (Post 2694884)
Unless you're LEO the frame transfer ain't happening. You could build it up as a single shot pistol and then transfer it in that way.

that makes no sense, its transfered as a complete pistol in the eyes of the law, this isnt an 80% this is a 100% thus the frame being considered the receiver is the firearm itself.

Saigon1965 06-27-2009 3:49 PM

Check with Joel at Castro Valley gunshop - Let him know you're from Calguns - He will take care of you -

sava6e 06-28-2009 12:08 AM

thankyou all very much will call monday

Proph3t 06-28-2009 9:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saigon1965 (Post 2695500)
Check with Joel at Castro Valley gunshop - Let him know you're from Calguns - He will take care of you -

awwwwww



Joel
Castro Valley Gun Shop

dachan 06-29-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sava6e (Post 2695461)
that makes no sense, its transfered as a complete pistol in the eyes of the law, this isnt an 80% this is a 100% thus the frame being considered the receiver is the firearm itself.

fguerra is right, DROS entry system isn't setup to legally transfer a frame only from out of state. All non-PPT dealer transfers, with certain exemptions such as single shot and LEO, must be of handguns which have passed the drop test, in the configuration that it passsed in, meaning as a complete firearm, not just the frame.

sava6e 06-30-2009 8:26 PM

so you are saying every handgun that is in this state (purchased) has been to the drop test location and been dropped, i dont think thats possible, DROS just needs a serial number. the frame dictates whether that make has been drop tested. im not an ffl but just seems ridiculus


Quote:

Originally Posted by dachan (Post 2705879)
fguerra is right, DROS entry system isn't setup to legally transfer a frame only from out of state. All non-PPT dealer transfers, with certain exemptions such as single shot and LEO, must be of handguns which have passed the drop test, in the configuration that it passsed in, meaning as a complete firearm, not just the frame.


dachan 06-30-2009 8:49 PM

Even if you're not a FFL, it's surprising you're not familiar with the roster of approved handguns which has been in effect since 01/01/2001. You can find the entire PC in Chapter 1.3 of the DWC.

To clarify, all non-PPT dealer transfers, with certain exemptions such as single shot and LEO, must be of handguns of make and model which have passed the drop test, in the configuration that it passsed. And PC12128 specifies a sample set of three handguns of the make and model for which certification is sought must be subjected testing by a certified independent testing laboratory.

sava6e 06-30-2009 9:19 PM

ok yeah so the make and model is on the roster, soooo just because it isnt assembled doesnt meant that that make and model havnt passed.

dachan 06-30-2009 9:35 PM

Current DROS entry system does not allow dealer sales transfer of frames only. The "Frame Only" option is greyed out once dealer sales is selected. That option is only available on PPT, Peace Officer or Exempt.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.