Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California Precision Rifle Club (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Thanksgiving! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=75897)

PistolPete75 11-20-2007 8:07 AM

Thanksgiving!

With all the ups and down in life, it's really easy to be forgetful for what to be thankful for. With Thanksgiving coming around in a few days, it would be nice to write down what your thankful for.

I'll go first. I am thankful for God for opening my eyes again. Life is not just about making alot of money, and acquiring personal wealth. I am thankful for my family, and my daugther's first birthday coming along, and for shelter, and food, and finally, for meeting all you calgunners, especially SCPRC. It's been a great first year for me shooting. I've learned alot from this forum, and have meet alot of great people. It's nice to know that you can meet people randomly from the internet, and find such a high concentration of good people.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Peter

wildcard 11-20-2007 8:31 AM

Well.. I'll take a stab at it. It's usually around Christmas when I start getting sentimental, but Thanksgiving is as good a time as any. I'm of course thankful for my family who are always there for me.. i'm thankful for having my girlfriend with me this holiday season.. i'm thankful for the great friends that i have.. i'm thankful for my job(s) and the people I work with.. and I'm thankful for food and shelter!

It's been a good year.. I worked.. I played.. I shot.. and I got to hang out with you fine folks.

A lot of us are lucky to have the luxuries that we do. We buy weapons for a few K.. and accessories that runs us a couple $100 bills each month without having to worry about it too much. I try to apppreciate what I have everytime i'm home looking at the roof over my head and when i'm having a hot meal.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. As for me, I'll be heading out to Vegas with my girlfriend's family!

rksimple 11-20-2007 9:02 AM

Amen. Its quite often we forget about what really matters...our families, our health...but its good to take time to slow down and really be thankful for what we have...besides sweet rifles and scopes. I grateful for everything I have, period. I know I wouldn't be where I am without some help from above. Having an opportunity to meet and shoot with you guys has been great. Lets keep it up!

Prc329 11-20-2007 9:50 AM

I am thankful for the feeling I get when my daughter wakes up in the morning and says "Hi daddy" or the smile my son gives me and how excited he gets when I get home from work. For the friends I have made behind my rifle this year as well as the ability to spend the money to build a rifle I truly enjoy. I am thankful for a while that is understanding enough to allow me to enjoy my hobby. I am thankful that my grandmother is o.k. even though she is hospitalized.

Most of all I am thankful that I am alive, healthy and my family is the same. This year had its moments and I actually had to get my gun to protect my family. Thankfully I did not have to use it.

rod 11-20-2007 10:40 AM

I have more to be thankful than I'll ever be able to post in this thread but I'll hit the highlights...I'm thankful (in no particular order) for being alive and healthy, good friends who lift me up when I'm down and those who let me help them up when they're down, my daughter's laugh and every time she gives me a hug and kiss when I come home from work, my wife who believes in me and supports my decisions in life, those who have gone before me to defend freedom and the rights we all enjoy, and I'm thankful for the oportunity to travel to all corners of the earth and experience different cultures and learn from others.

and I'm thankful I have a house full of guns and ammo.