Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Beaumont Indoor Shooting Range Calguns Meet Fri. Nov. 30th @ 6PM. DONE. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=632682)

DavidR310 10-16-2012 9:38 PM

Beaumont Indoor Shooting Range Calguns Meet Fri. Nov. 30th @ 6PM. DONE.

Hello All,

Trying to get a pulse check on seeing if there is interest on having a Calguns meet @ The Beaumont Indoor Shooting Range.

First, Calguns is all for having an event here.

Second, I have spoken with the range owner Casey and he has his arms wide open for us Calgunners.

Details: This would be a Friday evening meet. Why Friday? Because they have a German food caterer on Fridays and we could all eat some chow during the meet. Planned date is November 30th. Time would be from 6pm-8pm.

Also, since now I have been adopted on the C3 team, I can ask for some Calguns swag to give away at the event. :)

The official thread will be posted in the C3 I.E. subforum once we get a head count.

Some facts about B.I.S.R.:
They have a rifle & pistol range.
Rifles can go up to. 308
You can collect your own brass if using a revolver or a brass catcher.
They do have guns you can rent.
Ammo prices are decent for a range.

Range website:

http://www.thebeaumontindoorshootingrange.com/

Calguns thread on BISR:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=575029

Baconator 10-16-2012 9:39 PM

I'm in.

Eat Dirt 10-17-2012 4:20 PM

For me 11/30 would be a good date for a shoot

I 've gotten a few more classic's I haven't even shot yet !!

shooterbill 10-17-2012 5:57 PM

Make sure you use plenty of ear protection. This is the loudest range I have ever been to.

DavidR310 10-17-2012 6:55 PM

I don't frequent indoor ranges too often, but I felt ironsights was louder. Still always a good idea to use double ear pro at indoor ranges.

Triple A's 10-18-2012 8:10 PM

Count me in!

g21 10-20-2012 6:10 AM

I would be down, its been a while since ive went shooting.

EvoXRiley 10-25-2012 12:58 PM

im in!

winnre 10-25-2012 1:11 PM

6pm is too early I may be able to be there by 7pm.

Will they allow shotguns?

I cannot collect my own brass? Okay, can I shoot aluminum encased ammo then? or collect at the end of the night when the range goes cold?

retired 10-26-2012 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 9589631)
6pm is too early I may be able to be there by 7pm.

Will they allow shotguns?

I cannot collect my own brass? Okay, can I shoot aluminum encased ammo then? or collect at the end of the night when the range goes cold?

I called them and spoke with one of the owners. She stated their policy is that you cannot collect your casings; brass or otherwise. Period.

When I asked why, she said it was for safety reasons. If you have a brass catcher attached to your firearm, you can do so tho.

I don't know about shotguns as I didn't inquire about that.

DavidR310 10-27-2012 4:24 AM

If you want to collect your brass, you need some sort of brass catcher or use a revolver.

Shotgun is slug only. Anything else must be approved by RSO.

winnre 10-28-2012 6:29 PM

Slug only? That's gonna hurt. I guess I can shoot my non-brass ammo here then.

DavidR310 10-31-2012 8:32 PM

What shotgun do you have? I have a 1300 defender and would be interested in seeing how it patterns.

winnre 11-01-2012 7:57 AM

I have a few, but I like shooting my Serbu Super Shorty with a 6.5" barrel. It's a pistol in CA terms but uses 12ga ammo.

GunGreg2107 11-02-2012 6:26 PM

I will come by its hard to justify going to a range when I have access to a private one at work in banning

DavidR310 11-03-2012 2:09 PM

I just talked to Casey on the phone. We have a meeting setup for next Friday at 6pm to discuss the event for the 30th. I am going to see if Casey will let us stay late as well. If anyone wants to stop by, your more then welcomed.

For those that said they are in, do you prefer to eat at the range or head to someplace after the event?

David

micks75scamp 11-12-2012 2:43 PM

I can be in pending details on cost and etc

micks75scamp 11-12-2012 2:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 9609999)
Slug only? That's gonna hurt. I guess I can shoot my non-brass ammo here then.

Just an FYI (since i go to this range often) I know for general public he does not allow anything non-brass. He only allows 12 gauge slug, or brass ammo or rimfire. And he is really against picking people collecting brass. I do not know why but he is.
So i would check if he will allow non-brass ammo here for a group shoot.

winnre 11-12-2012 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micks75scamp (Post 9710017)
Just an FYI (since i go to this range often) I know for general public he does not allow anything non-brass. He only allows 12 gauge slug, or brass ammo or rimfire. And he is really against picking people collecting brass. I do not know why but he is.
So i would check if he will allow non-brass ammo here for a group shoot.

Does he sell ammo there at reasonable prices? In that case I'd leave the brass.

DavidR310 11-12-2012 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micks75scamp (Post 9709998)
I can be in pending details on cost and etc

I have already met with Casey & Tracey and confirmed the 30th from 6-8pm.

As for the rest, I am working with CGN leadership right now to make sure I follow the book on this. I should have an official thread up by this weekend.

As for ammo, you can bring your own ammo or buy theirs. If a few of you plan to buy ammo there, please let me know which calibers to ensure they are in stock for our shoot and to get pricing.

Thanks for your patience guys.

David

SoCal Gunner 11-12-2012 3:35 PM

I'd love to stop by... I've been to the range several times and have always had a good experience. Casey's (and his wife's) hospitality more than make up for the "no brass collecting" rule. I try to wear my cal-guns T-shirt in there and be a good representative.

chknlyps2 11-12-2012 4:54 PM

I might try to make it on the 30th, not sure I can be there by 6 though

micks75scamp 11-13-2012 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 9710064)
Does he sell ammo there at reasonable prices? In that case I'd leave the brass.

I think the last time i was in there (about 2 and a half weeks ago) the prices were similar to walmart. (i.e. 9mm about 13/50) and 9mm is the only thing i looked at. Im a reloader myself and don't necessarily agree with not being allowed to pick up my brass, but they are doing it for safety reasons and i do understand that. I'm just trying to provide as much info as possible please let me know if im stepping on any toes

chknlyps2 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

I may only bring .22's and a couple revolvers, I can't stand to walk away from my brass.

winnre 11-13-2012 10:06 AM

I don't buy the safety reasons excuse. Maybe after the night is over and we have a cease fire we can pick up our brass. Or no one go forward of the firing line to get brass that went forward. I'm fine with that.

Is the issue with kneeling? Touching the ground? Bending over? Touching hot brass and getting burned?

I think he just wants the brass for his own reloading.

micks75scamp 11-13-2012 10:26 AM

Yeah, i know the one time i asked him about the brass collecting he was telling me he had morons going past the line to pick up, kneeling, you name it. So thats when he enacted the rule. He has told me on multiple occasions he doesnt reload so maybe he sells it to try to keep the range open. Ive never seen the place busy infact everytime ive been there, there has only been one or two other people so im sure every little bit helps.

winnre 11-13-2012 10:39 AM

Maybe shooters go elsewhere where they can keep their brass.

SoCal Gunner 11-13-2012 11:36 AM

I don't understand why there is continued complaining about the brass policy. They have made the rule clear; accept it and come down for some fun, or don't and go about your business elsewhere.

micks75scamp 11-13-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner (Post 9715633)
I don't understand why there is continued complaining about the brass policy. They have made the rule clear; accept it and come down for some fun, or don't and go about your business elsewhere.

I couldnt agree more. I just wanted to make sure everyone know about his policies before they make the drive out.

SoCal Gunner 11-13-2012 12:40 PM

^What you did was a valuable service to inform everyone of the policy and you even went further to explain his reasonings, which I applaud.

I was referring to the others that won't let it go.

micks75scamp 11-13-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner (Post 9716005)
^What you did was a valuable service to inform everyone of the policy and you even went further to explain his reasonings, which I applaud.

I was referring to the others that won't let it go.

Yeah, after the last meet i went to when all questions were not asked ahead of time and people ended up leaving upset i figured i would try to provide as much info as possible. Regardless if theres a meet i will be there

SublimeJJ99 11-13-2012 11:02 PM

I have been to this range and will probably never go again. I am not trying be to be negative by any means, but I do collect all my brass every time I shoot as I reload quite a bit. I found the people there to be polite and courteous, but I just like my brass too much and I shoot lead reloads. As far as I know...they also do not allow lead rounds to be fired in the range. All rounds need to be jacketed. Just a heads up to those that load lead.

Tracer666 11-16-2012 7:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 9715170)
I don't buy the safety reasons excuse. Maybe after the night is over and we have a cease fire we can pick up our brass. Or no one go forward of the firing line to get brass that went forward. I'm fine with that.

Is the issue with kneeling? Touching the ground? Bending over? Touching hot brass and getting burned?

I think he just wants the brass for his own reloading.

:iagree: Hit it right on the horses mouth!

shooterbill 11-16-2012 8:17 PM

The brass is sold. That's the only reason indoor ranges won't let you keep it. I don't like this range very much, but I will come. The owners are very nice. I would like to pick up some Calguns stickers and maybe some shirts. Would this be possible?

SoCal Gunner 11-16-2012 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SublimeJJ99 (Post 9719847)
I have been to this range and will probably never go again. I am not trying be to be negative by any means, but I do collect all my brass every time I shoot as I reload quite a bit. I found the people there to be polite and courteous, but I just like my brass too much and I shoot lead reloads. As far as I know...they also do not allow lead rounds to be fired in the range. All rounds need to be jacketed. Just a heads up to those that load lead.

The lead thing comes from CA's Big Brother Government saying the lead in an indoor range is a no-no. Do you really think the owners would give a ????

For the rest of you complaining about Brass... I would think you'd complain about paying the $18/hour range fee more... or the gas to get there... or something/anything else. My lord, I hand my PS90 to anyone who wants to try it and don't go crying about the ~ .50 a round it costs to fire it.

chknlyps2 11-17-2012 4:51 PM

I figured out my cure to the brass problem, revolvers and .22's

micks75scamp 11-17-2012 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner (Post 9738709)
The lead thing comes from CA's Big Brother Government saying the lead in an indoor range is a no-no. Do you really think the owners would give a ????

For the rest of you complaining about Brass... I would think you'd complain about paying the $18/hour range fee more... or the gas to get there... or something/anything else. My lord, I hand my PS90 to anyone who wants to try it and don't go crying about the ~ .50 a round it costs to fire it.

Well put. I couldnt agree more

Model94Guy 11-17-2012 8:19 PM

I'll be there, place me on the mailing list.

FredlyFX 11-17-2012 10:17 PM

I'll be there

I live near by and was excited when he first opened, but the $18 fee and brass issues have kept me from going back much. I'll be there on the 30th with my .22 only for the CalGuns meet.

micks75scamp 11-18-2012 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredlyFX (Post 9744620)
I live near by and was excited when he first opened, but the $18 fee and brass issues have kept me from going back much. I'll be there on the 30th with my .22 only for the CalGuns meet.

I live in beaumont so the range is literally about 10 minutes from my house. And the first time i went i thought the same thing, 18 dollars!!! and i cant keep my brass??? However when i thought about it i realized that i would rather spend 18.00 for my range fee which includes two targets. Than drive to Rancho or San Bernardino and spend their 15.00 fee plus have to buy the targets. For me it is quite a bit cheaper by the time i consider the target price and the fuel cost. Plus with how personable the owner is with his customers.

in my opinion some people get way to stuck on the cost and the brass thing when if you actually think about how local it is and everything else and not just look at the cost/rules it is worth it.