Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Competition, Action Shooting And Training. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   AAR Rob Pincus, Combat Focus Shooting (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=633503)

ZombieTactics 10-18-2012 8:07 PM

AAR Rob Pincus, Combat Focus Shooting

ZombieTactics 10-19-2012 9:19 AM

I should have noted that the video includes brief comments by yours truly, an example of an instructional segment by Rob re: shooting on the move, and a segment of student comments.

I think this is a better format than the one I've used previously: less of me talking, more action, more info from alternate perspectives.

ZombieTactics 10-19-2012 9:19 AM

I should have noted that the video includes brief comments by yours truly, an example of an instructional segment by Rob re: shooting on the move, and a segment of student comments.

I think this is a better format than the one I've used previously: less of me talking, more action, more info from alternate perspectives.

Jack's Smirking Revenge 10-26-2012 10:19 AM

Thanks for the video. I forgot about Rob for awhile. Where have his boys been?

ZombieTactics 10-26-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge (Post 9595738)
Thanks for the video. I forgot about Rob for awhile. Where have his boys been?

AFAIK, both 10x Defense and Downrange Firearms Training are going strong, as are quite a few CFS instructors/associates.

Jack's Smirking Revenge 10-26-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieTactics (Post 9596219)
AFAIK, both 10x Defense and Downrange Firearms Training are going strong, as are quite a few CFS instructors/associates.

I don't mean the status of their companies. Where have they been on this board? They were pretty steady on here for a while. I wonder where they have been and what caused them to leave. I don't care how busy they have been, they are not the only people on here that work for a living.

The Virus 10-26-2012 5:33 PM

Not to thread jack, but the CFS crowd has/is taking a beating on alot of forums, maybe there is a franchise wide (no internets mandate). Either way they have been away from most forums lately.

Rob Pincus 10-27-2012 5:47 AM

We haven't gone anywhere guys... if anyone has any questions, let me know. Email works best, or you can "ping" me and let me know if a thread has started that I can contribute to... I'm sure you can imagine that it is difficult to try to maintain a presence in all the regional/niche/enthusiast/brand/topic forums that are out there. rob@icetraining.us

There are always a few episodes of ranting from the uninformed, yes. Success breeds that. As you can see by the video posted above, those who actually get off the keyboard and train with us "get it".... those on the forums, not always.

-RJP

(Thanks again ZT!)

Brian1979 10-27-2012 5:49 AM

Now that actually looks cool. I would love more of that combat style stuff and like the way he teaches. I love his above comments even more. Where does Rob teach at?

Rob Pincus 10-27-2012 6:05 AM

Thanks, Brian... you can see the whole schedule for all of the active CFS instructors and I here:

Combat Focus Shooting Website

My complete schedule (including non-CFS) is here:

I.C.E. Training Company

-RJP

SoCal326 10-27-2012 7:37 AM

LOL, "The Virus" is a hater. The more I see this guy hate the more I want to go out and take a CFS class. Actually, his back and forth with the CFS guys is part of the reason that I am aware of the classes they offer. He motivated me to look into Rob's style of teaching and now I really want to sign up for a weekend of instruction with them. Unfortunately, I just missed a class that was being offered in San Diego. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one.

Rob Pincus 10-27-2012 8:24 AM

Thanks, SoCal... and, to your point... There was no need for me to show up here today until Hate-Us started insinuating more BS. :shrug:

Jack's Smirking Revenge 10-27-2012 9:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Virus (Post 9598452)
Not to thread jack, but the CFS crowd has/is taking a beating on alot of forums, maybe there is a franchise wide (no internets mandate). Either way they have been away from most forums lately.

That makes sense. Rob and his guys get a lot of flak on M4carbine.net and The Doodie Project. I think we were a little more civil with them on Calguns.

Jack's Smirking Revenge 10-27-2012 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Pincus (Post 9601043)

There are always a few episodes of ranting from the uninformed, yes. Success breeds that. As you can see by the video posted above, those who actually get off the keyboard and train with us "get it".... those on the forums, not always.

I'm not sure who you think is uninformed but it seems like that is broadly applied to anyone who does not agree with you. Many of the posters on this forum attend an above average amount of training and there are even some of us who rely on that training everyday in the field.

Last time I saw you on this board was on a thread about "Combat Accuracy." You told us, "With more research & effort, you guys will get this!" I found this to be very insulting.

In that same thread I asked you if your beliefs on combat accuracy were based on any of your own real world shootings. You never responded.

This is the thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=613771

The Virus 10-27-2012 10:37 AM

As I have stated before:
If I am paying someone to teach me something they sure as sh#t better have done that thing I am paying them to teach me.
For instance, when I go take 3 gun competition privates, I am paying a past national champ to instruct me in the 3 disciplines of 3 gunning.

Just like when I do a course on clearing a building or working in and around vehicles, I want that guy teaching me things that have been tried and true via experience, not some hocus pocus theoretical mctactics.

guns4life 10-27-2012 10:50 AM

Great vid, I've always been a fan Rob.

Too bad we can't get the uncensored **** on regular TV...

Rob Pincus 10-27-2012 10:57 AM

Jack, by "uninformed", I meant people who haven't actually trained in the program or even studied what we teach enough to make accurate comments or ask good questions.
I was pretty sure that your prior question wasn't REALLY a question. Since you have so much awareness of discussions in regard to our program, I am 99.9% sure that you know I have never been in a shooting, which means you asking makes you a troll. Which is what makes some forum interactions not-worth-engaging in. If your question was sincere, I apologize.

Hate-Us, as usual: no one asked. THe fact that you take every opportunity to show up on any thread about me or my program and make unsolicited observations about how you don't want to train with us makes you look foolish. As has already been indicated, all you are really doing is helping people to see that we are offering a quality program that is very popular with people who have actually looked into it and incredibly well supported by people who have trained it, from armed professionals at the "tip of the spear" all the way down to people who are just getting started.

While some like to focus on the negative (often spurious) comments, I point to our actual students... like this one at M4Carbine.net: Detailed CFS AAR from Student
Or here at the same forum: Inquiry about CFS.

There are MANY more positive threads than there are negative... and, as Calguns demonstrates, when there is any negative, it is usually the same haters passing on bad info or hearsay.

-RJP

ramzar 10-27-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieTactics (Post 9548922)

Nice format for the video AARs. More informative this way albeit I'd cover a few more topics briefly per class for better decision making.

locosway 10-31-2012 3:13 AM

Thanks for the video. I always liked Rob's tactics and techniques. This is one of the first times I've seen someone other than me teaching to move before and/or while shooting. I never did agree with moving after a shoot, so I've never taught that. I've always taught moving before and during your shooting.

Jack's Smirking Revenge 11-27-2012 9:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Pincus (Post 9602302)
Jack, by "uninformed", I meant people who haven't actually trained in the program or even studied what we teach enough to make accurate comments or ask good questions.
I was pretty sure that your prior question wasn't REALLY a question. Since you have so much awareness of discussions in regard to our program, I am 99.9% sure that you know I have never been in a shooting, which means you asking makes you a troll. Which is what makes some forum interactions not-worth-engaging in. If your question was sincere, I apologize.

-RJP

Thank you for answering my sincere question. I could have assumed that you have never shot anyone but you know what they say about assumptions. I don't know what to make of your troll comment/apology, but it seems like par for the course after the experience I had on this board with one of your certified instructors.