Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   San Bernardino Sheriff (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=730901)

bwolcott 03-23-2013 4:36 PM

San Bernardino Sheriff

Here is a video of Paul Schrader I filmed at the Hi-Desert Oath keepers meeting, talking about his Oath he took to protect the constitution, especially our second amendment rights, he is running for Sheriff in the next election in San Bernardino county and I think he deserves all of our support!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZI5au4TDM

ll-Rafael-ll 03-23-2013 5:03 PM

Rock on Paul!

john67elco 03-23-2013 6:18 PM

I say give our current sheriff a shot. I got my CCW under Hoops. It was a lot of jumping through Hoops and took a long time. Fast foreward to today my wife gets an interview date and interviews within a month of starting the process. Last month they had 80 people at the range and 90 interviews in a single day. I like what Paul says in video and I understand his frustration in not giving a crack at Sheriff after Hoops left but this new sheriff is not ****ing around on Ccws. I like him and from what I'm seeing now I don't mind him staying.

bwolcott 03-23-2013 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john67elco (Post 10896104)
I say give our current sheriff a shot. I got my CCW under Hoops. It was a lot of jumping through Hoops and took a long time. Fast foreward to today my wife gets an interview date and interviews within a month of starting the process. Last month they had 80 people at the range and 90 interviews in a single day. I like what Paul says in video and I understand his frustration in not giving a crack at Sheriff after Hoops left but this new sheriff is not ****ing around on Ccws. I like him and from what I'm seeing now I don't mind him staying.

I have heard he is no where near as liberty minded as Paul so I would much prefer to get Paul in office, I think he would make a nice change for us here in San Bernardino county

Stirlee 03-23-2013 8:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwolcott (Post 10896417)
I have heard he is no where near as liberty minded as Paul so I would much prefer to get Paul in office, I think he would make a nice change for us here in San Bernardino county

liberty minded how?

Ron-Solo 03-23-2013 9:12 PM

Running a large law enforcement agency requires much more than just a pro 2A stance. It requires leadership, integrity, knowledge, and management skills. The current Sheriff is respected by his troops and appears to be pro 2A.

bwolcott 03-24-2013 4:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron-Solo (Post 10897526)
Running a large law enforcement agency requires much more than just a pro 2A stance. It requires leadership, integrity, knowledge, and management skills. The current Sheriff is respected by his troops and appears to be pro 2A.

I want somebody who follows all of our rights, not just the 2A

like what these people are doing standing up against NDAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-uHqTdgbs

StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca 03-24-2013 6:08 PM

I have yet to see the current Sheriff come out and voice any opposition to the anti gun legislation. I know he is ok with ccw and is probably pro 2A but until he voices some opposition to the anti 2A laws pending, Shrader has got my vote and I will encourage everyone I know to vote the same.

bwiese 03-24-2013 6:14 PM

Most California constitutional sheriffs AIN'T.

They're jumping up & down about Fed stuff which is irrelevant to their day to day work.

The real test:
- how well/fast do they issue... do they issue in accord to state law (SB610)?
- do they use irrational things like neighbor interviews for carry issuance?
- do they vocally oppose new bad CA gun laws?

Easy to be another Mims or Sniff "we're pro-gun but...." subjective issuer.

Brandon Combs ('wildhawker') has sheriff by sheriff/county by county details.

I seem to recall some OLL arrest drama in the past too, though it seems to have subsided (perhaps).

lostfish 04-07-2013 7:19 AM

How's this for leadership and integrity? Transparency?

http://liberty-tribune.com/component...stitution.html

This is much more important than just being pro 2A or issuing a CCW here and there IMO.

CitaDeL 04-07-2013 7:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwiese (Post 10904450)
Most California constitutional sheriffs AIN'T.

They're jumping up & down about Fed stuff which is irrelevant to their day to day work.

The real test:
- how well/fast do they issue... do they issue in accord to state law (SB610)?
- do they use irrational things like neighbor interviews for carry issuance?
- do they vocally oppose new bad CA gun laws?

Easy to be another Mims or Sniff "we're pro-gun but...." subjective issuer.

Brandon Combs ('wildhawker') has sheriff by sheriff/county by county details.

I seem to recall some OLL arrest drama in the past too, though it seems to have subsided (perhaps).

This^

People near my hometown push all their loving support behind our local Sheriff, but because they do not recognize the problems with discretionary issuance or are unwilling to find fault with someone generally percieved as 'pro-gun' they allow obvious and troubling issues remain. This is a problem in my county.

There are NO issuing agencies in California that is 'shall issue'- only degrees of permissiveness. If you want to jump behind a candidate, find out first if they even know what SHALL ISSUE would look like, and then ask them to articulate whether they would adopt 'shall issue' in spite of California's statute limiting issuance to the discretion of a government official.

glbtrottr 04-07-2013 9:27 AM

I'm a single issue Sheriff voter.

How a Sheriff feels about issuance of CCW's has a direct link to how they feel about law enforcement in general and their relationship with the citizens they serve, period, end of story.

How one administers a department, from budget, to managing jails, to recidivism, to investigation, case closures, revenue generation, staffing, blah blah blah..administration is academic. It takes a strong and ethical leader to run a department properly. One who hides behind the badge and refuses to answer questions does not deserve to serve the people of a county.

In Orange County, Sandra Sue Hutchens is exactly that kind of cancer.

aalvidrez 04-07-2013 9:40 AM

Own property in SB county but live in LA area. One item to consider... be careful in dividing the pro gun vote. If some lib like Baca runs against these two you could actually get them elected by splitting your vote. If its just the two... whatever

Doheny 04-07-2013 10:50 AM

Being a member of the Oath Keepers is nothing to brag about.

bwolcott 04-07-2013 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doheny (Post 11026188)
Being a member of the Oath Keepers is nothing to brag about.

whys that? not honoring your oath is despicable and what they would like to protect is our constitution which is the only reason we are still allowed to own these guns still

Irma 04-07-2013 9:52 PM

Wow! So cool!

Shanghai guy 04-08-2013 5:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aalvidrez (Post 11025648)
Own property in SB county but live in LA area.

They're looking for that - you will get caught. Don't do it, and don't encourage others to do it.

You have been warned.

lostfish 04-08-2013 8:11 AM

I don't see anyone bragging about anything, seems to me like the OP just wanted to share some information he thought would be beneficial to others living in SB.

lostfish 05-01-2013 11:50 AM

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sheriff...k-your-sheriff

Just found this. He speaks on CCW...