Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Addax Tactical (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Addax ZK Gas Piston Uppers Update (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=447027)

Addax 06-20-2011 11:42 AM

Addax ZK Gas Piston Uppers Update

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to update our current ZK Gas Piston back order customers.

As some of you already know, we have been hamstrung in building our ZK Gas Piston Upper back orders due to a lack of barrels.

We have had barrel back orders with BHW and Daniel Defense, and so far BHW has started shipping out some of our back order barrels, and we expect the bulk of the back order barrels from BHW to arrive sometime in the next 1-2 weeks, which include 6.8 barrels.

As I have reported in previous threads, we have not received any back order barrels from Daniel Defense, and they have extended our lead time on barrels 3 different times.

As a result of this, we started to make our own Mil-Spec+ cut rifled barrels, 1:8 twist, Nitride coated inside and out to replace the back ordered Daniel Defense barrels.

We are currently cutting our new Addax Mil-Spec+ Barrels for our Combat Series ZK GPU's, and we expect these barrels to be done in the next 5-6 weeks. Once these barrels are done, we can start building and shipping our Combat series that will utilize these barrels.

We have been corresponding with a few of our back order customers already, and we will be contacting more of our back order customers in the coming days and weeks with updates and ETA's on their back orders.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me at the shop 818 361 5008.

Thank you,

Chris

Addax 09-06-2011 1:36 PM

Update 9/6/11

Good news is we started shipping out some back orders since Mid-August.

We also just received our Nitride coated mil-spec barrels back from the coater.

Bad news is we have to hold up on shipping out remaining back orders for at least another 4-5 weeks.

This is due to a new batch of piston bolt carriers that were made that do not meet our desired specifications.

We have looked at re-working this batch of piston bolt carriers, but we would rather make new carriers vs. re-working out of spec. carriers since this is a very critical part of the firearm.

We do not want to ship out any Addax product that does not meet our QC standards.

We are making a whole new batch of piston bolt carriers, and this will take at least 4-5 weeks to complete with the hard chrome coating before we can resume shipping out orders.

In the mean time, we have been assembling uppers, and pinning gas blocks to barrels and have them ready for the piston carriers.

If anyone has any questions regarding their order status, please give us a call, and we will provide you an updated ETA for your order.

Thank you,

Addax Tactical

Addax 09-19-2011 8:53 PM

We are expecting a new batch of Piston Bolt Carriers to be completed the week of October 10th, 2011.

These will all be hard chromed, just like our hard chrome DI bolt carrier groups.

We have been assembling many of the back order uppers so that when we get the new replacement batch of Piston BCG's completed, we will mate the carriers to already assembled uppers, head space, test shoot, clean and ship.

I would like to Thank many of our loyal ZK back order customers for your understanding and patience.

Chris

KLW 09-20-2011 8:57 PM

Guys, I waited for mine awhile and it is very much worth the wait. I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's a-- but and I'm sure anyone of Chris' customers will agree Addax IT IS WORTH WAITING FOR!

Addax 10-03-2011 10:07 PM

We just received a small batch of new bolt carriers, and we expect more next week.

We are getting started with building back orders again. :D

We are planning on shipping out more back orders starting the end of this week.

We will be contacting more customers soon with an updated ETA for their back orders.

We really appreciate the understanding and patience of many of our back order customers.

If anyone has any questions regarding their back order status, please email us at sales@addaxtactical.com

Thank you,

Addax Tactical

KLW 10-31-2011 6:45 PM

Ok Chris, I know I promised you some accuracy pictures when I was in a couple of weeks ago. I did take out my ZK to my range and proceeded to launch golf balls that had been chipped out to 75-100 yards using only the ACOG and fast fire mounted (my buddy was chipping and I was tearing the skins of those dimpled targets). Anyway the gun worked flawless and again was very accurate. Thanks for the great work and I will be in this week to get my lower.

Addax 11-04-2011 5:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLW (Post 7420259)
Ok Chris, I know I promised you some accuracy pictures when I was in a couple of weeks ago. I did take out my ZK to my range and proceeded to launch golf balls that had been chipped out to 75-100 yards using only the ACOG and fast fire mounted (my buddy was chipping and I was tearing the skins of those dimpled targets). Anyway the gun worked flawless and again was very accurate. Thanks for the great work and I will be in this week to get my lower.

Thanks for the update.:)

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Addax