Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Concealed Carry Discussion (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   What does your CCW ID in your county looks like? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=387141)

nelsooooo 01-21-2011 9:00 AM

What does your CCW ID in your county looks like?

Hello there.
I am curious to know what every CA county's CCW card looks like? I've seen one from the AZ state and it looks cool. Sample photos(edited) will be helpful. I'm am doing a research on physical looks of CCW ID badges used by CA counties. Do they have the agency logo or badge, thumbprint vs photo, list of weapons, legal disclaimers, etc.

Thanks.

IEShooter 01-21-2011 9:18 AM

CCW

San Bernardino's is a laminated picture ID with all your identifying information on it just like your drivers license. It also includes your occupation, and on the back is your thumb print and a list of the hand guns you are authorized to carry, listed by make, model, caliber and serial number.

Any restrictions placed upon your license are also listed.

Nice thing about it being a government issued picture ID is it can be used as a secondary ID for purchasing a handgun. It also exempts you from needing a HSC or from having to 'demonstrate safe handling' when you purchase a handgun.

Fjold 01-21-2011 9:42 AM

Kern's is a piece of tissue paper, no picture, just a thumbprint.

quig 01-21-2011 2:38 PM

What does your CCW ID in your county looks like?

Ventura is also like tissue paper with a thumbprint only.

Hopalong 01-21-2011 5:05 PM

SLO, cheap rice paper, thumbprint only.

Window_Seat 01-21-2011 5:17 PM

This is actually a good question. I like the "piece of paper" form for one reason, but would like the laminated card for more reasons. With the piece of paper, it's unprofessional, can get damaged easily from water or other "elements". A cop looking at it will have to get his fingers all over it, as opposed to if he was holding onto a DL, a person could hold it by the edges. I like the paper form because it's not possible to put a tracking chip on it (which could start ending up on DLs soon if we let the Government do it). Even if there was a tracking chip, I wonder how quickly that chip would be useless from a powerful magnet. :p

The card is more professional, obviously, but I don't like the idea of having my photo on it. That said, I'll take the card over the zig-zags anytime.

Erik.

Jack L 01-21-2011 6:00 PM

The paper ones are good becasue they can add a new handgun on it easy.

Treb5 01-21-2011 6:03 PM

San Joaquin County is rice paper folded and trimmed with picture added then laminated.

There used to be a resident guru over at another CCW site that would have fits when anyone would mention laminating their rice paper. Now it seems like the majority of agencies are issuing using lamination or the hard card.

Lone_Gunman 01-21-2011 6:11 PM

Sac County is rice paper folded in half and laminated. Thumbprint, no photo.

halifax 01-21-2011 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack L (Post 5665878)
The paper ones are good becasue they can add a new handgun on it easy.

And in some counties a photocopy is OK. Keep the original in a safe place.

hayman 01-21-2011 6:21 PM

Imperial County. tissue paper, thumb print. I laminated mine so it wouldn't get ruined in the wallet.

hayman 01-21-2011 6:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treb5 (Post 5665901)
San Joaquin County is rice paper folded and trimmed with picture added then laminated.

There used to be a resident guru over at the other CCW site that would have fits when anyone would mention laminating their rice paper. Now it seems like the majority of agencies are issuing using lamination or the hard card.

Why???

joeyant 01-21-2011 6:50 PM

Sheriff's Office gives us an actual badge!

Ours is the best.

http://ccwbadges.com/lapel_450.jpg

IEShooter 01-21-2011 7:19 PM

Wannabee

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyant (Post 5666170)

Yikes!!!! :eek: That is a bad idea on so many levels?!?!

I REALLY hope you are joking.

No freakin' way would I ever carry anything akin to a badge.

The Sherriff's office here also has way too much sense to issue anything like that abomination!!!!

Window_Seat 01-21-2011 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEShooter (Post 5666331)
Yikes!!!! :eek: That is a bad idea on so many levels?!?!

I REALLY hope you are joking.

No freakin' way would I ever carry anything akin to a badge.

The Sherriff's office here also has way too much sense to issue anything like that abomination!!!!

Yeah, I could just hear the 911 calls right now...

"Uhm yes, someone, umm, just flashed, I mean, ummm showed me like...ummm... A badge and ummm, like... told me to... like... pull over???" :laugh:

Erik.

Treb5 01-21-2011 7:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayman (Post 5666016)
Why???

He was some type of police reserve and his logic was that if your rice paper was laminated it would somehow prevent him from distinguishing it from a fake. He stated many times that your butt would be sit on the curb until he decided your fate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax (Post 5665981)
And in some counties a photocopy is OK. Keep the original in a safe place.

This would also raise his blood pressure. He posted that if you laminated your CCW or carried a copy of your CCW you would be in big trouble if he pulled you over.

He also had a rule that you could not post your CCW good cause on the forum. If you did you would again in big trouble.. His logic was that every ones good cause was unique and should not be copied.

I got tired of hearing him beat on his chest and stopped using the site altogether

Man, times have sure changed..... Thank the lucky stars we have Calguns..

Twistedsteel 01-21-2011 8:17 PM

Humboldt's is kinda big, not rice paper. They have you fold it in half and if you choose you can laminate(which I did). But even folded in half it doesn't fit in the wallet real well. It has photo and thumb print.

halifax 01-21-2011 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treb5 (Post 5666563)
He was some type of police reserve and his logic was that if your rice paper was laminated it would somehow prevent him from distinguishing it from a fake. He stated many times that your butt would be sit on the curb until he decided your fate.

This would also raise his blood pressure. He posted that if you laminated your CCW or carried a copy of your CCW you would be in big trouble if he pulled you over.

He also had a rule that you could not post your CCW good cause on the forum. If you did you would again in big trouble.. His logic was that every ones good cause was unique and should not be copied.

I got tired of hearing him beat on his chest and stopped using the site altogether

LOL. Some people are just too full of themselves.

Knauga 01-21-2011 8:46 PM

Quote:

HA HA HA... you ain't the only one :D

It states in the PC that it can be laminated. Some agencies issued them laminated, some didn't.

PC 12051

Quote:

PC12051(a)(1)The standard application form for licenses described in paragraph (3) shall require information from the applicant including, but not limited to, the name, occupation, residence and business address of the applicant, his or her age, height, weight, color of eyes and hair, and reason for desiring a license to carry the weapon. Applications for licenses shall be filed in writing, and signed by the applicant. Any license issued upon the application shall set forth the licensee's name, occupation, residence and business address, his or her age, height, weight, color of eyes and hair, the reason for desiring a license to carry the weapon, and shall, in addition, contain a description of the weapon or weapons authorized to be carried, giving the name of the manufacturer, the serial number, and the caliber. The license issued to the licensee may be laminated.

ErikTheRed 01-22-2011 12:00 AM

Yuba County is the standard Bible-page paper and thumbprint. I asked if it was ok to laminate, she said yes but if you ever want to change or add a firearm, a replacement permit will need to be issued....... and thats an extra fee.

hayman 01-22-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I can't see the logic but whatever. I mean all the guy would have to do is contact the issueing authority and verify, whats so hard? As for post the cause, so what? I see your frustration.
Thanks for the help
Eddie

Knauga 01-22-2011 9:03 PM

Actually anymore, a CA CCW shows up in AFS. There is no need to contact the issuing authority to verify the license.

nelsooooo 01-23-2011 8:24 PM

Thank you all for your kind and interesting response. I wonder why there is no standard "look and feel" if the CCW Id is valid for the entire state. Could a deputy from Modoc county visually verify what King county CCW holder's Id should really look like?