Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Shotgun Gallery (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   My zombie blaster... (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=295233)

noob_tube 04-27-2010 2:32 PM

My zombie blaster...

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ofDSCN0013.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ofDSCN0015.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ofDSCN0019.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ofDSCN0020.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ofDSCN0021.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ofDSCN0022.jpg

Mossberg 500. 7+1. ProMag collapsible stock with pistol grip. AimTech Warhammer rail system. TruGlo red dot sight. Streamlight TLR-1s with remote switch. TruGlo Glo-dot front sight.

It did gain some weight with the rail, but not enough to make it impractical to shoot. Extended carry without a sling is a pain in the @$$ though.

supersteve9219 04-27-2010 3:41 PM

nice gun but too much stuff on it imo.

noob_tube 04-27-2010 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersteve9219 (Post 4196445)
nice gun but too much stuff on it imo.

Not really... I still need the bayonet, laser, 4X ACOG, bipod, and ipod mount lol :D

hellraiser 04-27-2010 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob_tube (Post 4196507)
Not really... I still need the bayonet, laser, 4X ACOG, bipod, and ipod mount lol :D

yes!!!!:43:

cool lookin rig!!!! bet that will turn some heads at the range!

Citizen 14 04-27-2010 7:13 PM

Very nice. I vote bayonet!:D

KillZone45 04-28-2010 7:25 PM

Their is a shotgun under neath all that?! lol j/k man.

team1320 04-28-2010 7:28 PM

i like it.. for sure get that ipod mounted...:p

Baron 04-29-2010 1:41 PM

How do you likw the rail? How much did it set you back?
I like the look of that rail... if your gonna have a zombie blaster you gotta have a rail...LOL

Dankle 04-29-2010 1:52 PM

That is a sweet set up. :thumbsup:

bsg 04-29-2010 7:35 PM

put a motor on it and drive it to the range.... LOL; i can see you're having fun!

noob_tube 04-29-2010 9:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron (Post 4207988)
How do you likw the rail? How much did it set you back?
I like the look of that rail... if your gonna have a zombie blaster you gotta have a rail...LOL

Love the rail. Very well built. Solid. Looks great. Spent a few hours shooting buckshot and slugs and it's solid. No rattling... Not even a jiggle :)

I got off CTD for a hundred bucks: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT121-34.html

luckystrike 04-29-2010 9:55 PM

you must play airsoft haha
I had a rail on my 1100 but after I took it apart to clean it, I noticed it was wearing the finish. :/

tonelar 04-29-2010 10:20 PM

Nice shotgun! Mine doesn't have as much cool stuff on it. In fact, it's bone stock.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...s/SPAS12ZS.jpg

noob_tube 04-29-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonelar (Post 4210998)
Nice shotgun! Mine doesn't have as much cool stuff on it. In fact, it's bone stock.

I will trade my tacticool shotgun for one of yours any day! lol

tonelar 04-29-2010 11:20 PM

that sounds like it'd be unfair. I'd be lost with all that tech stuff. I like that stock, though... it looks comfy.

Killawhale415 04-30-2010 7:22 AM

I assume you cant see the truglo right?:D

noob_tube 04-30-2010 7:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killawhale415 (Post 4211924)
I assume you cant see the truglo right?:D

Oh, I can see the truglo front sight just fine... When I got the rail, I wasn't expecting to be able to see the front bead. The rail itself works as a ghost ring of sorts, which was a welcome surprise :cool:

GP3 04-30-2010 7:49 AM

Rails for days!

Killawhale415 04-30-2010 9:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob_tube (Post 4212043)
Oh, I can see the truglo front sight just fine... When I got the rail, I wasn't expecting to be able to see the front bead. The rail itself works as a ghost ring of sorts, which was a welcome surprise :cool:

Hmm me neither

norcal.xd 08-16-2010 7:04 PM

hey i have the same shotgun with the same tactical stock.....got bored with it though and changed it back to the original stock....the original stock of course didnt come with the side saddle so i took it off and made new holes in my original stock so now i have a 6 shell side saddle....really fun shotgun to shoot.....

BayAreaShooter 08-16-2010 7:30 PM

Awesome set up.

OneSevenDeuce 08-16-2010 7:36 PM

Damn, that thing looks to be about 50 pounds. :D

Looks cool though. I am more of a bare bones guy myself. The most I put on my 870 way back when was a light. But I can appreciate loading up on all the gear you like for it. Cheers!

tacticalcity 08-17-2010 12:21 PM

"Heavy is good. If it doesn't work you can always hit 'em with it!" - Boris from SNATCH

Looks like was very fun to build. Just remember, get those zombies in the head or they will just keep on comin'!

Which stock is that by the way? The ProMag one or the Tapco one?

noob_tube 08-18-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalcity (Post 4797389)
"Heavy is good. If it doesn't work you can always hit 'em with it!" - Boris from SNATCH

Looks like was very fun to build. Just remember, get those zombies in the head or they will just keep on comin'!

Which stock is that by the way? The ProMag one or the Tapco one?

It's the ProMag one. I just took a look at the Tapco stock and it looks niiiiice! :)

Shrubmaster 08-18-2010 12:53 AM

Really like how the rail incorporated the heat shield. Crafty. The minotaur one doesn't do that.

ArmednReady 08-18-2010 1:19 AM

Ok im sorry but some1 has got to say it....that gun looks very tacky I dont understand why any1 would put that much money into a mossberg 500 cruiser...its a $300 gun at best with $500 worth of mods. Thats way to much rail and there is no way you can see the tru glo sight when it sits an inch below the rail. Its like when your driving down the street and you see a $1,500 car with $3,000 rims you just dont do it....Im sorry man A for effort but F for practicality. Also if your going to be killing zombies your going to be moving around a lot and that extra weight doesnt help... you said it yourself prolonged carry is a bit#h. I know I sound like an *** but I never got why people spend more on accessories than they do on the gun. Again sorry to come off as a dick but it had to be said....feel free to talk crap on me when I post my finished pics of my 590A1.

That rail is big but I will admit it is pretty badass....just not for me since I wouldnt be able to use a side saddle.

ArmednReady 08-18-2010 2:28 PM

Im all for tricking out a gun but there is a point where you need to stop...the only reason your saying more more more is because its money in your pocket...All im saying is with the extra money he could have gotten a better gun or even 2 or three guns with the amount of money he spent. You are right to each his own if he likes it then great more power to him. I wouldnt have a shotgun like that but like you said I wouldnt use it its to much for me. Ill stick to my 590A1, like I said im all for mods but the only reason your backing him is because its money in your pocket...which in turn makes you a greedy bastard. People should mod there firearms to better the gun and its use not to make people like you wealthy. Its not like I dont know tactical shotguns even though Ive carried 1 as a sheriffs deputy and a member of the county's S.W.A.T. team for 5 years now. I must not know anything about them.

Also I believe this site is called calguns...not texguns.

kel-tec-innovations 08-18-2010 2:45 PM

That rail on the top looks nice

Noah3683 08-18-2010 3:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednReady (Post 4801365)
Ok im sorry but some1 has got to say it....that gun looks very tacky I dont understand why any1 would put that much money into a mossberg 500 cruiser...its a $300 gun at best with $500 worth of mods. Thats way to much rail and there is no way you can see the tru glo sight when it sits an inch below the rail. Its like when your driving down the street and you see a $1,500 car with $3,000 rims you just dont do it....Im sorry man A for effort but F for practicality. Also if your going to be killing zombies your going to be moving around a lot and that extra weight doesnt help... you said it yourself prolonged carry is a bit#h. I know I sound like an *** but I never got why people spend more on accessories than they do on the gun. Again sorry to come off as a dick but it had to be said....feel free to talk crap on me when I post my finished pics of my 590A1.

That rail is big but I will admit it is pretty badass....just not for me since I wouldnt be able to use a side saddle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednReady (Post 4803901)
Im all for tricking out a gun but there is a point where you need to stop...the only reason your saying more more more is because its money in your pocket...All im saying is with the extra money he could have gotten a better gun or even 2 or three guns with the amount of money he spent. You are right to each his own if he likes it then great more power to him. I wouldnt have a shotgun like that but like you said I wouldnt use it its to much for me. Ill stick to my 590A1, like I said im all for mods but the only reason your backing him is because its money in your pocket...which in turn makes you a greedy bastard. People should mod there firearms to better the gun and its use not to make people like you wealthy. Its not like I dont know tactical shotguns even though Ive carried 1 as a sheriffs deputy and a member of the county's S.W.A.T. team for 5 years now. I must not know anything about them.

You know I usually try to stay out of these types of arguments, but I think I will have to call BS on your knowledge and experience based on these threads.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=330610
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=331097
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=330860
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=332676

To me if you had so much knowledge and "SWAT" experience with tactical shotguns you wouldn't be needing to ask these questions :rolleyes: Seems to me you just wanted to talk crap on the OP because you bought a 590A1. :troll: I was also the original one to suggest the 590A1 to you along with the 870. You think you are better, or what? Sorry, but that's the way it appears to me and I'm sure that's the way it will appear to many now once they read those threads. So carry on "Captain Tactical" :King:

PS: The site is for those who support or want to help fight for Californian's gun rights..... not just for California residents. :thumbsup:

Ryan in SD 08-18-2010 3:47 PM

The bottom rail looks lonley, you gotta mount the zombie survival guide to it :D

Gun looks mean, bad ***, and yes the top rail looks like it could crack a skull which is what you gotta do when goin after zombies.

noob_tube 08-18-2010 4:04 PM

Quote:

CDMJ hit the nail on the head with his response. I added this stuff to my gun because I can. It is a $300 shotgun, but I don't have $500 worth of stuff on it. The rail was $100, the stock was another $50, and the optic was $75. The light is usually on my sidearm, I just thought I'd pretty up my shotgun for the picture session :). I will grant you that it is a bit heavy, but I don't plan on doing prolonged carry since I'm not a high-speed low-drag SWAT officer like yourself.

Yeah, she's a big girl. And as such, I don't expect everyone to like her. I do appreciate your comments, but there's no need for you to be a douche about it. And no, I won't talk crap about you or your finished 590A1. Regardless of whether you modify it or leave it as it came from the factory, I won't be criticizing it or you. Again, thank you for your comment. Have a nice day. :)

aippi 08-18-2010 5:05 PM

To all you guys. Anyone that knows me knows I preach a basic shotgun for defense or duty. With that said there is nothing wrong with tricking out any shotgun as a recreational shooter. Go for it. Doesn't matter if it is a Maverick or clone. Put fun stuff on it and have a blast, pun intended. I have one that lives in my safe and wouldnever be called upon for defense but love shooting it.

If this is not an HD or Duty weapon then get off the guys A double S. As far as CDM Gear accessories they only sell solid duty type accessories or I would not feature this stuff on my custom builds. I not only feature the accessories but am now a CDM dealer and a quick check of my web site shows I only offer quality duty ready accessories. I will have weapons with CDM accessories in the comming weeks. Your comment about that company and the person that posted a comment on this thread is out line. I know these guys and be assured you would not make such comments in either of there presence. I respect them and their product so coming to their defense is just natural for an old retired LEO like me. I formed trained and commanded a State HRT with 7 county responsablity so you being on the SWAT team of Mayberry RFD does not impress me there Armed and Ready.

BigDogatPlay 08-18-2010 5:22 PM

I am not into tacticool or bubba-izing any weapon. That's just not my dance. But if it's just for fun at the range, who cares? Get as tacticool as your tastes and wallet will allow.

But..... if you are going to fight the shotgun you learn quickly, usually in the course of training, that a lot of tacticool stuff is just not really functional and does little more than add weight. At my last agency I was tasked to re-write the firearms policy and specified the 870, plain bead sight, with extended mag tube and a sidesaddle... otherwise strictly OEM. A solid, reliable platform with only enough extras to keep an officer in the fight longer before he'd have to go to his sidearm.

Everything you need in a fighting shotgun and nothing more.

ETA: I like what I see in the CDM accessory line. May have to pick up a couple of items..... :D

Hippo 08-18-2010 5:29 PM

Now just get yourself a sidewinder kit and you're good to go.

ArmednReady 08-18-2010 5:36 PM

Im not trying to impress any1 I never said I was better than any1 when some1 including myself posts pictures or posts they are going to get opinions good or bad. I was giving my opinion...like I said numerous times its not my kind of gun, if he likes it your right its his gun more power to him which I said countless times. As far as those other posts go im sure its pointless to say this but they werent me, yes they are under my name but im not the only gun lover in this family and im not the only 1 with access to this computer. It was probably my 13 year old son asking questions about the A1 since I told him its going to be his range gun (when im around) either way it makes little differnce. Noah if your that lame to look up previous threads on this name you would look under handguns which is where all my threads were made. The first time ive ever made a comment on the shotgun portion was on this thread. Noob tube like I said i didnt mean to be a dick although I know thats how I am coming off I was just giving my honest opinion. As far as me thinking im better than any1 just because of the fact im in law enforcement is rediculous. The funny thing is that people like you mr CDM always rely on people like me in law enforcement to do what you do. You said yourself you go to various shoots with law enforcement officials to plan whats next on your product line. Lastly Im not going to even say what county I work for since that will just make me seem even worse but believe me I do practice more than 1 time a month in the county I work in we are required to train 1 time a week and we do qualifications every month. I dont need to prove myself to you and you dont need to prove yourselves to me. Because the fact is its very easy to lie. Oh sorry 1 last thing about the whole immature thing...im pretty sure you guys were the 1s talking about killing zombies so thats pretty hypocritical.

OneSevenDeuce 08-18-2010 5:37 PM

You guys are all missing the real issue here. Somebody used the number "1" instead of typing the word "one"! Only a mall ninja would do that!!! Oh, nice shotgun btw. :D

Fot 08-18-2010 5:40 PM

Quote:

Only if you are a dick, other non-dick people just would have moved to the next thread without commenting. Op looks good man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednReady (Post 4803901)

And the dick continues.. ( please note I'm using the posters own term Dick)

Fot 08-18-2010 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednReady (Post 4805147)
Im not trying to impress any1 I never said I was better than any1 when some1 including myself posts pictures or posts they are going to get opinions good or bad. I was giving my opinion...like I said numerous times its not my kind of gun, if he likes it your right its his gun more power to him which I said countless times. As far as those other posts go im sure its pointless to say this but they werent me, yes they are under my name but im not the only gun lover in this family and im not the only 1 with access to this computer. It was probably my 13 year old son asking questions about the A1 since I told him its going to be his range gun (when im around) either way it makes little differnce. Noah if your that lame to look up previous threads on this name you would look under handguns which is where all my threads were made. The first time ive ever made a comment on the shotgun portion was on this thread. Noob tube like I said i didnt mean to be a dick although I know thats how I am coming off I was just giving my honest opinion. As far as me thinking im better than any1 just because of the fact im in law enforcement is rediculous. The funny thing is that people like you mr CDM always rely on people like me in law enforcement to do what you do. You said yourself you go to various shoots with law enforcement officials to plan whats next on your product line. Lastly Im not going to even say what county I work for since that will just make me seem even worse but believe me I do practice more than 1 time a month in the county I work in we are required to train 1 time a week and we do qualifications every month. I dont need to prove myself to you and you dont need to prove yourselves to me. Because the fact is its very easy to lie. Oh sorry 1 last thing about the whole immature thing...im pretty sure you guys were the 1s talking about killing zombies so thats pretty hypocritical.

Wait your 13 year old son rather ask random calguns about his new shot gun then his super swat team dad?:rolleyes:

Noah3683 08-18-2010 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednReady (Post 4805147)

For one those threads were in the shotgun forum and they were before this thread was even opened and I highly doubt it was your son. #2 You have less than 50 posts..... where are all these other posts... It's not like you have been extremely active. #3 and most importantly you tried acting like you know so much when just a few weeks ago you needed help with VERY BASIC questions. The people on this forum are here to help and offer advice. Much like I did with you and your shotgun questions. However, when you become a condescending dick to others like you did, you will be hard pressed to find people willing to help you out. You are the only one who is lame here. Oh and to the OP sorry this is taking your thread off course. That's a sweet rig. Rock it however you see fit brother :thumbsup:

Noah3683 08-18-2010 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDMJ (Post 4805381)
Noah, that wasn't a few weeks ago, that was last week and this week. :p

BTW, I showed Scott the photo you sent to me in PM. Both of us agreed you sir are the definition of function over form. My hats off to you. ;)

Haha You're right, but I didn't check the dates I just knew they were extremely recent.