Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns LEOs (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Florida Chase and shooting - UPS driver and bystander killed (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1576498)

sigguy552 12-13-2019 2:40 PM

Florida Chase and shooting - UPS driver and bystander killed

I'm sure many of you have seen the Chase and ensuing gunbattle which took the lives of 2 innocent bystanders as well as the perps.

Wanted to get the thoughts and opinions of the LEOs here of the tragic incident and how these situations could possibly be better handled.

P5Ret 12-13-2019 3:53 PM

It was a no win situation. Cops back off they abandon the UPS truck, and carjack another vehicle in that traffic jam. Maybe a soccer mom with a van load of kids.

Everyone wants to second guess dynamic situations like this, mostly it comes from the media or politicians who have no experience in dealing with problems other than what to have for diner.

There really is no better way when the bad guys open fire in a crowded area like that. Respond and hope for the best, back-off and pray it won't get worse are the options, once the lead is in the air.

TrailerparkTrash 12-13-2019 7:59 PM

The solution? Start arming ALL politicians and ALL news reporters. Make laws telling them to handle ALL police work in the country, since they seem to know it better.

Easy.

Samuelx 12-13-2019 8:22 PM

I don't know the criminal history of the suspects but I'm willing to bet the farm that this wasn't their first criminal rodeo. Food for thought - scumbags can't commit more crimes if they're Dead. If you don't want to kill them, at least make it difficult for them by cutting off their hands.

TrailerparkTrash 12-14-2019 9:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuelx (Post 23691535)
I don't know the criminal history of the suspects but I'm willing to bet the farm that this wasn't their first criminal rodeo. Food for thought - scumbags can't commit more crimes if they're Dead. If you don't want to kill them, at least make it difficult for them by cutting off their hands.

Also,,,, My idea to make society a little better: Demand politicians:

1) Bring back 3-strikes
2) Clear out death row and get those needles ready.
3) Bring back the gas chamber (to expedite the “clearing out” of death row
4) Make dope possession a felony again
5) Build more prisons and youth authority “prisons”
6) Lower the petty theft threshold to anything UNDER $200;
7) Make every state a “shall issue” for the citizens
8) Arm teachers
9) Allow Semi auto rifle possession to be unrestricted for the law abiding
7) Pass laws to punitively punish Judges for being soft on dangerous criminals
8) Pass a law that allows citizens the right to sue politicians who pass laws that infringe on our rights.
9) Criminalize violent ANTIFA and BLM membership with 5 years minimum prison time for the first offense.
10) Immediately toss out ALL politicians who have currently served more than 8 years in office. Period. (Why is Schumer, Nadler, Jackson-Lee and Pelosi still in office after 20-30 years???)

Basically, bring back a return to the “tough on crime” mentality to America and fire the Democrats.

That would solve nearly everything.

DNA 12-14-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash (Post 23692725)

1) Bring back 3-strikes
8) Arm teachers
8) Pass a law that allows citizens the right to sue politicians who pass laws that infringe on our rights.
9) Criminalize violent ANTIFA and BLM membership with 5 years minimum prison time for the first offense.
10) Immediately toss out ALL politicians who have currently served more than 8 years in office. Period. (Why is Schumer, Nadler, Jackson-Lee and Pelosi still in office after 20-30 years???)

Basically, bring back a return to the “tough on crime” mentality to America and fire the Democrats.

TPT for president!

Dan

Samuelx 12-14-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA (Post 23692819)
TPT for president!

Dan

lol my thoughts exactly!

esy 12-14-2019 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash (Post 23692725)

1) Bring back 3-strikes
8) Arm teachers

Sir, on behalf of the leftists in America, we have a response for you:

Social Justice! REEEE!!!!

Could not agree with you more, sir. When will you be running for office and if not, expect a write in vote. Is Trailerpark your first or last name so I get it correct on my ballot?

sigguy552 12-14-2019 6:20 PM

macro societal issues aside, any constructive criticism of how the incident was handled?

Would you guys advocate chasing in this scenario or would you recommend hanging back and letting the helicopter do its thing?

Samuelx 12-14-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigguy552 (Post 23694085)
Would you guys advocate chasing in this scenario or would you recommend hanging back and letting the helicopter do its thing?

Do you think the scumbags shouldn't have been chased at all? At what point or for what "should" police chase criminals?

What "thing" exactly is it that the helicopter is going to do? And when? And with no ground support?

How far back "should" the police have been "hanging"?

IF the police had NOT been around or had been "hanging back" and the scumbags had committed additional vicious/heinous crimes against other people because LEOs weren't around, what would you be saying/asking then?