Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   General gun discussions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Membership Drive!! You can "NEVER not be a member of NRA" - Gene (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=658608)

mag360 12-18-2012 11:59 AM

Membership Drive!! You can "NEVER not be a member of NRA" - Gene

In the words of Gene Hoffman, our fearless leader, you can never NOT be a be a member of the NRA.

In fact, donating to other organizations before being a member is just plain stupid. Yes they could be more effective per dollar, but they can move mountains. Please think about signing up yourself and everyone you know. I renew my mom, girlfriend, dad and myself every year and try to get the bass pro cards. I also make an additional donation to NRA-ILA and NRA foundation as well.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...AG&hid=4487688

I urge you to do the same. :oji:

EdCo 12-18-2012 12:22 PM

I signed up for a lifetime membership a few hours ago and didn't noticed the bass pro gift card offer. We gotta get membership numbers up!

acolytes 12-18-2012 12:33 PM

I already signed up all my family members a few months ago.

PsychGuy274 12-18-2012 12:34 PM

The only reason I'm not a member anymore is because I'm seriously fed up with their scare tactics and fear-mongering. IMHO, they are just as bad as the antis in this regard. The second they knock off that crap, they'll get my money again.

Flame on.

nothinghere2c 12-18-2012 12:35 PM

voiceofreason 12-18-2012 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychGuy274 (Post 9950935)
The only reason I'm not a member anymore is because I'm seriously fed up with their scare tactics and fear-mongering. IMHO, they are just as bad as the antis in this regard. The second they knock off that crap, they'll get my money again.

Flame on.

Donate to Second Amendment Foundation or Calguns Foundation then.

Gun Owners of America would be a good place to put your money as well.

You don't have to be a member to donate.

It is YOUR money. It speaks for you.

PositiveRate 12-18-2012 1:29 PM

This guy just signed up, booyah. Never thought I'd be an NRA member but I've changed a lot the last year or so.

I used that link you left here OP. Do you get a referral credit or something? Either way thanks for putting it my face and making it easy. haha

:chris:

sorensen440 12-18-2012 2:56 PM

Lifer here and occasional ILA donor

Barbarossa 12-18-2012 3:05 PM

You can get $10 off your membership by using this link, thanks to Shooting USA

~ Life Member

PsychGuy274 12-18-2012 3:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voiceofreason (Post 9951272)
Donate to Second Amendment Foundation or Calguns Foundation then.

Gun Owners of America would be a good place to put your money as well.

You don't have to be a member to donate.

It is YOUR money. It speaks for you.

I agree. I donate to CGF, SAF, GOA, and RMGO.

mag360 12-18-2012 5:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PositiveRate (Post 9951400)
This guy just signed up, booyah. Never thought I'd be an NRA member but I've changed a lot the last year or so.

I used that link you left here OP. Do you get a referral credit or something? Either way thanks for putting it my face and making it easy. haha

:chris:

I don't get any referral credits, I actually just googled for the "bass pro NRA" and found a link to a Springfield XD website and just copied and pasted.

Thanks for signing up!! I re-upped using this same link.

mag360 12-18-2012 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnerB (Post 9952052)
As an avid supporter of our gun rights and an active duty military member I went far to long not being a member. Yesterday I made a conscious effort to become a Lifetime Member of the NRA and SAF, it won't stop there.

I also began my own recruitment drive on the other forums, places, and social media networks that I frequent. I would recommend reaching out in all available means to bring those other 54 million gun owners into the fold.

While some tactical battles have been won, and I applaud all of those people that have carried my weight thus far, it is evident that the battles will certainly intensify.

Semper Fi

Good idea! I posted this on my facebook :43:

John Browning 12-18-2012 6:25 PM

Just re-upped on my NRA membership. I sent an email to the people who I helped build their ARs telling them to do the same.

We need to gear up for a fight.

SanPedroShooter 12-18-2012 6:35 PM

I've been a member plus four other friends/family signed up this year.

I was on the phone yesterday with the NRA yesterday, after being on hold for a half hour... They are busy over there.

The operator told me that between the first membership I paid for and the last, there were 3,000 inbetween. That was the span of twenty or thirty minutes.

lgm118icbm 12-18-2012 7:41 PM

Just signed up two friends for Christmas!

morfeeis 12-18-2012 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanPedroShooter (Post 9954070)
I've been a member plus four other friends/family signed up this year.

I was on the phone yesterday with the NRA yesterday, after being on hold for a half hour... They are busy over there.

The operator told me that between the first membership I paid for and the last, there were 3,000 inbetween. That was the span of twenty or thirty minutes.

Add one more to that list, i'm back in for another year.

drifts1 12-18-2012 8:46 PM

Just signed up. How/when do I get gift card? To give gift memberships do I use the same link?

Just signed up my son, Xmas gift.

Donating to CalGuns on the 01-01-13

John Browning 12-18-2012 8:54 PM

Donated $25 to CGF as well. Where else should we be donating/joining?

woodsman 12-18-2012 9:32 PM

Thanks for the link.

Gave a membership as a Christmas gift!

mag360 12-18-2012 9:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scobun (Post 9955207)
Donated $25 to CGF as well. Where else should we be donating/joining?

I signed up for a $10 individual membership and donated an extra $30 to Cal-FFL, that is a lobbying group started by Brandon here on CGF that was very influential in getting SB249 pulled. They paid for billboards making fun of Yee's attempted gun ban, SB249.

I also sent a few dollars to NRA-ILA to help on the national level, and I have a bi-weekly payroll deduction from my company that goes to SAF and CGF.

mag360 12-19-2012 3:22 PM

bump, everybody put down the order for the $30 each magpul mags and sign up for the NRA!

five.five-six 12-19-2012 3:24 PM

Somehow I need to let them know that my restatement depends on what they say on Friday.

The Gleam 12-19-2012 3:25 PM

My membership doesn't renew until mid-January, but I sent in payment yesterday. Timely, on my mind. Decent donation to follow next month. :thumbsup:

five.five-six 12-19-2012 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.five-six (Post 9962047)
Somehow I need to let them know that my restatement depends on what they say on Friday.

If they are going to stand tall I will enroll my entire family.

WDE91 12-19-2012 3:55 PM

even being a "broke" college student I have my three membership :)