Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=289)
-   -   CalGuns Gun Show Booth,Sacramento,March 16 & 17, 2013 (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=685443)

bplvr 01-22-2013 1:23 PM

CalGuns Gun Show Booth,Sacramento,March 16 & 17, 2013

Event : Sacramento Gun Show

Dates : March 16 & 17, 2013...........................ALL SHIFTS FILLED !!.....Bazinga !!
Times: Sat 8-5 / Sun. 9-4
Venue Info: www.CrossroadsGunShows.com...

Sacramento C3 Coordinator : NotEnufgarage

... NO: smoking, children,table dancing in a uni-tard, alcohol, or men in Speedos at the booth.....:facepalm:

==================================================

To be a volunteer at the booth you MUST answer the following questions:

1} Do you have a BLUE CalGuns Polo ?....... YES or NO ?

{ If not, what SIZE do you need, please specify ! } S-6XXL available.

*** The NEW Lady Calgunners shirts are now available . ***

2} Which DAY do you prefer ? ........Saturday or Sunday

3} Which SHIFT do you prefer ? .......AM ...or ...PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please reply to this thread to volunteer. THANKS !

============================================

Event coordinator..........NotEnufgarage

Volunteers : 3-4 per shift / BE AT THE VENDORS ENTRANCE AT THE START OF YOUR SHIFT

Booth veterans = V
Booth noobs ....=N

Saturday- am 8-1 / NotEnufgarage. {Y}./.hk91666 {Y}./.grizfyrfyter {M-LRG}}./.762ch { M-LRG}./SHIFT FILLED
Saturday- pm 1-5 / NotEnufgarage. {Y}./.hk91666 {Y}./.grizfyrfyter {M-LRG}}./.762ch { M-LRG}./SHIFT FILLED

Saturdays designated Chef :........:chef:
Menu of the Day:_________________

Sunday- am 9-1.. /NotEnufgarage. {Y}./.cranemech {Y}./.sharkxbyte {M-Lrg}./.freemont lapua {M-XXXLrg}./SHIFT FILLED
Sunday- pm 1-4../NotEnufgarage. {Y}./.WW2Buff {Y}./...Loopwell {Y-noob}. ./.fremont lapua {M-XXXL}./.SHIFT FILLED

Sundays designated Chef :Notenufgarage...:chef:
Menu of the Day: Cinnamon Rolls YUM !

Alternates :
Sat: ...
Sunday : grego 31 pm
NO SHOW: grizfyrfyter,

NotEnufGarage 01-26-2013 3:19 PM

That's right, folks.. It's that time again.

We had a good time at the last show. Let's see if we can make this one even better.

Those of you who've done this, here's a chance to put your polo shirt to good use again.

Those of you who haven't, come on out and meet some fellow calgunners.

BonnieB 01-26-2013 3:40 PM

I'm in. I'll do Saturday, all day, veteran, have shirt.

Loopwell 01-26-2013 5:01 PM

CGN BOOTH NEWBIE. Sacramento has a smoking area. I can do sunday the later half to close. I dont have a polo shirt, I can use a L. Count me in sunday.

fremont lapua 01-26-2013 5:31 PM

I will help out let me know, any time on Sunday is fine with me. I do not have a shirt will be my first time size male XXXL. I'm going to friends of NRA dinner Saturday night in Modesto so Saturday morning would be ok also.

BonnieB 01-26-2013 5:33 PM

Loopwell, you can have my CGN Blue Volunteer Polo, size L, when you do the show. I'll be wearing the much prettier women's version that day and the polo will look much better on you. :yes:

bplvr 01-26-2013 5:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 10331118)
Loopwell, you can have my CGN Blue Volunteer Polo, size L, when you do the show. I'll be wearing the much prettier women's version that day....

I guess you like the Ladies CGN booth shirt. Did you get the teal shirt?

cranemech 01-26-2013 8:54 PM

Sunday, morning shift, veteran, have shirt

grego31 01-26-2013 9:29 PM

I can do Sunday PM, noob, need polo, XL-Mens
If no room for noobs at that time, I can be an alternate.

sharxbyte 01-26-2013 10:32 PM

I'm a Noob

1} Do you have a BLUE CalGuns Polo ?

NO

Adult Male L (or M if needed)

2} Which DAY do you prefer ?

Sunday(FLEXIBLE)

3} Which SHIFT do you prefer ?

AM (FLEXIBLE)

norcal15 01-27-2013 6:29 PM

This will be my first show I will be attending I can't wait for this to excited.

Can'thavenuthingood 01-27-2013 6:57 PM

Okay folks, please indicate whether a female or male shirt is desired, I'm not yet a physic:)

Also, the Ladies Calgunner teal V neck is special order so give me about 10 days lead time.
Most everything else I have in stock.

Thanks,

Vick

BonnieB 01-28-2013 2:57 PM

Vick, I have the teal volunteer shirt. The other women volunteers will need to order one, or a polo if they prefer, correct?

Loopwell 01-28-2013 3:05 PM

Bonnie, im using your size L, correct?

oldboy52 01-28-2013 3:40 PM

Hi. Just curious, what is the purpose of the booth and what do booth staffers do? Thanks, Lou

762ch 01-29-2013 8:52 PM

1} Do you have a BLUE CalGuns Polo ?.......NO

{ If not, what SIZE do you need, please specify ! }Large-Mens

*** The NEW Lady Calgunners shirts are now available . ***

2} Which DAY do you prefer ? ........OPEN
3} Which SHIFT do you prefer ? .......OPEN

Put me where ever, I don't have very many posts here. But I've been lurking for a while. If you guys need a mule to get some grub I can do that too. I can bring an AK or various handguns for people to grope lol. All CA legal.

I've learned a lot here, it would be my pleasure to do anything I can to spread the word.

BonnieB 01-30-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopwell (Post 10349471)
Bonnie, im using your size L, correct?

Yes, you can have mine. We can arrange to meet the week before, maybe to do a hand-off.

And thanks for volunteering, we need guys like you.

Can'thavenuthingood 01-30-2013 9:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldboy52 (Post 10349817)
Hi. Just curious, what is the purpose of the booth and what do booth staffers do? Thanks, Lou

I lifted this from the gun show Archive thread. I think some things have been added, I'll post them as I come across them.

C3's;
I do think we need to have a Central spot for this information, do we have such an animal?

Vick

CALGUNS EVENT STANDARDS

Positions

• Booth Coordinator. Person(s) responsible for organizing the show and expected to work one or more days of the show with the assistance of a co-coordinator.

Responsibilities include supervising the various shifts of volunteers and cash
donations. After the cash donations have been converted to the form of a check
and/or money order, payable to Calguns.net, the funds and post-event report are to be submitted to Calguns.net, Box 3736, Winnetka, CA, 91396. Please send a 2nd
copy of the report to Bplvr.

• Volunteers. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your shift to check in with
the Booth Coordinator and get your CGN Polo. Individuals are to put on a
friendly face and be approachable. Avoid conversing with one another if the
general public is present at the booth. Face your audience and avoid having your backs to the public. (Please remember that when wearing the Calguns polos, we represent CGN and should be aware of the "language" that the public can overhear -- this is a directive from Bplvr!)

1. Please, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL.

2. Wear the official blue polo - CGN T-shirts are not acceptable.

3. AM volunteers to arrive in advance to help with set up before the show
opens to the public.

4. PM volunteers to assist with tear down towards the last 30 minutes of the
show.

5. Calguns materials are to be displayed on the table; personal items are to be
stored below the table or out of sight.

6. ALL guns MUST be inspected and tied, and have a "Not For Sale" on
them.

7. Law enforcement personnel should be treated with respect at all times
regardless of the personal views of volunteers. Anyone violating this rule
will be asked to leave, sans polo, and your $20.00 will be refunded.

Talking Points

• You are not an attorney and cannot offer legal advice, but you can be open in
answering general firearms questions. If someone has a question that you cannot
answer, have him ask it on the forum -- that is what the site is for.

• Offer to discuss your experiences and why you enjoy being a member of Calguns.

• Stress that Calguns supports the gun rights of all. Steer clear of discussing topics that may be "inflammatory".

Can'thavenuthingood 01-30-2013 9:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 10349383)
Vick, I have the teal volunteer shirt. The other women volunteers will need to order one, or a polo if they prefer, correct?

Correct, however comma,
We do have a slight change in the payment process, individuals will not purchase polo through me. They will only post their needed size and style and I will ship it to the C3/Coordinator with other booth apparel shipment.

The booth Coordinator will no longer send the polo money to me. Instead ALL monies will be collected and sent to CGSSA and I will Invoice all items to the CGSSA.

This keeps it all under the not for profit umbrella while I am a for profit business as is Calguns.net.

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood 01-30-2013 9:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 10366098)
Yes, you can have mine. We can arrange to meet the week before, maybe to do a hand-off.

And thanks for volunteering, we need guys like you.

Guys?
He is wearing a ladies polo?

Vick

BonnieB 01-30-2013 11:20 AM

Geez! :) Loopwell is a guy. I have a guy's polo from the last show that doesn't work for me, it's a men's size and not cut for curves at all. I'm giving my volunteer polo to Loopwell, cause he can wear the mens L.

BonnieB 01-30-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood (Post 10368374)
I lifted this from the gun show Archive thread. I think some things have been added, I'll post them as I come across them.

C3's;
I do think we need to have a Central spot for this information, do we have such an animal?

Vick

CALGUNS EVENT STANDARDS

Positions

• Booth Coordinator. Person(s) responsible for organizing the show and expected to work one or more days of the show with the assistance of a co-coordinator.

Responsibilities include supervising the various shifts of volunteers and cash
donations. After the cash donations have been converted to the form of a check
and/or money order, payable to Calguns.net, the funds and post-event report are to be submitted to Calguns.net, Box 3736, Winnetka, CA, 91396. Please send a 2nd
copy of the report to Bplvr.

ET Cetera....

Vick, in the Froum we have a set of HOW TO threads on being a gun show coordinator, gunshow volunteer etc. Some of them are well developed, others need editing. However, since they are not approved, they are not published. I'm not sure how to deal with this long term, but what you did, above, was a darn good start.

(for those who are dying of curiosity, the C3's have a super-secret-decoder-ring-forum where we work as a team so we don't fall on our faces in public.)

Loopwell 01-30-2013 2:36 PM

Thanks Bonnie! I will let you know then when we next meet up so you can bring the Polo!

NotEnufGarage 01-31-2013 1:14 PM

Lookin' good so far.. A nice mix of old friends and fresh meat.......

Room for a few more, still..

Can'thavenuthingood 01-31-2013 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 10369942)
ET Cetera....

Vick, in the Froum we have a set of HOW TO threads on being a gun show coordinator, gunshow volunteer etc. Some of them are well developed, others need editing. However, since they are not approved, they are not published. I'm not sure how to deal with this long term, but what you did, above, was a darn good start.

(for those who are dying of curiosity, the C3's have a super-secret-decoder-ring-forum where we work as a team so we don't fall on our faces in public.)

Just had to tell them didnja?

Now we are no longer thought of as Gods, geeeeez Bonnie what were you thinking?
Spose now you're going to blab about the handshake.

Vick

fremont lapua 01-31-2013 3:40 PM

I could stay for the afternoon shift on Sunday also. You have me for the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bplvr 01-31-2013 4:21 PM

In addition to secret de-coder rings ,secret handshakes and pinky swears ,we also have credit cards. ;) This show has enough volunteers {we could use 2 more vets} to have the super secret CGN credit card, which I alone am privy to, charged for the booth.

"Make it so Data.........and engage the warped drive " :D

Loopwell 01-31-2013 10:24 PM

No worries, im legit, and wikl become a veteran in no time...

GrizFyrFyter 02-01-2013 9:27 PM

Im new to thr board and have not net anyone yet. Just moved to Sac from lodi and its time to meet people. I dobt know how much help I can be but im glad to volunteer. Ill be at the show anyhow, might as well help out befire or after I search for sonething I want.

1} Do you have a BLUE CalGuns Polo ?....... NO

{ If not, what SIZE do you need, please specify ! } Large.

2} Which DAY do you prefer ? ........either day

3} Which SHIFT do you prefer ? Wherever I can be useful.

NotEnufGarage 02-02-2013 12:59 PM

Until I get moderator access to this thread, I'll add this post to update the status ;

Event coordinator..........NotEnufGarage

Volunteers : 3-4 per shift / BE AT THE VENDORS ENTRANCE AT THE START OF YOUR SHIFT

Booth veterans = V
Booth noobs ....=N

Saturday- am 8-1 / NotEnufGarage. {Y}./.BonnieB {Y}./.GrizFyrFyter {M-LRG}./.762ch { M-LRG}./
Saturday- pm 1-5 / NotEnufGarage. {Y}./.BonnieB {Y}./.GrizFyrFyter {M-LRG}./.762ch { M-LRG}./

Saturdays designated Chef :........

Sunday- am 9-1.. /NotEnufGarage. {Y}./.cranemech {Y}./.sharkzbyte {M-Lrg}./.freemont lapua {M-XXXLrg}./SHIFT FILLED
Sunday- pm 1-4../NotEnufGarage. {Y}./..........V........./...Loopwell {Y-noob}. ./.freemont lapua {M-XXXL}./.

Sundays designated Chef :NotEnufGarage
Menu of the Day: Bacon Cinnamon Rolls (by request)

bplvr 02-05-2013 5:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have enough people to make this a success,...but ...who is BAKING on Saturday ??:D

cranemech 02-05-2013 5:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage (Post 10404015)
Until I get moderator access to this thread, I'll add this post to update the status ;

Event coordinator..........NotEnufGarage

Booth veterans = V
Booth noobs ....=N

Saturday- am 8-1 / NotEnufGarage. {Y}./.BonnieB {Y}./.GrizFyrFyter {M-LRG}./.762ch { M-LRG}./
Saturday- pm 1-5 / NotEnufGarage. {Y}./.BonnieB {Y}./.GrizFyrFyter {M-LRG}./.762ch { M-LRG}./

Saturdays designated Chef :........

Sunday- am 9-1.. /NotEnufGarage. {Y}./.cranemech {Y}./.sharkzbyte {M-Lrg}./.freemont lapua {M-XXXLrg}./SHIFT FILLED
Sunday- pm 1-4../NotEnufGarage. {Y}./..........V........./...Loopwell {Y-noob}. ./.freemont lapua {M-XXXL}./.

Sundays designated Chef :NotEnufGarage
Menu of the Day: Bacon Cinnamon Rolls (by request)

MMMM Bacon :notworthy: :drool5:

BonnieB 02-05-2013 5:46 PM

Baking? Not me. I don't cook.

We still have one slot open, Sunday afternoon, who wants to step up? There might be bacon....

bplvr 02-05-2013 6:32 PM

....so cranemech is volunteering to make BACON infused Cinnamon Rolls for Saturday.

AWESOME ....JUST AWESOME!!

Thank you cranemech

Bazinga !!!

cranemech 02-06-2013 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplvr (Post 10438079)
....so cranemech is volunteering to make BACON infused Cinnamon Rolls for Saturday.

AWESOME ....JUST AWESOME!!

Thank you cranemech

Bazinga !!!

I knew there was a catch. :eek:

Not available on Sat. but I'll volunteer to cook something for the next CG gun show booth. :chef:

GrizFyrFyter 02-19-2013 6:03 AM

Volunteers get early access to the show to spend some $ before we spend the day at the booth?

WW2Buff 03-02-2013 10:19 PM

I'll work the Sunday shift that isn't filled. I have a polo from working the booth a few years ago.

PM me if there's anything I need to do other than to show up. Are we bringing rifles like we did a few years ago to display?

santaowns 03-03-2013 5:47 AM

Still got room, i am new to calguns and can work the day shift on saturday. I wear a 4x

NotEnufGarage 03-03-2013 9:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santaowns (Post 10700403)
Still got room, i am new to calguns and can work the day shift on saturday. I wear a 4x

Sorry, all shifts are filled, but we'll keep you in mind for the future.

Everyone who has a shift assigned, Thank you for volunteering.

We will have a short meet and greet at the Starbucks at Arden and Howe on Thursday night, March 14th at 7PM to discuss the ins and outs of working in the booth. There's not a lot to it, so don't expect to be there for too long.

GrizFyrFyter 03-03-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage (Post 10707992)
Sorry, all shifts are filled, but we'll keep you in mind for the future.

Everyone who has a shift assigned, Thank you for volunteering.

We will have a short meet and greet at the Starbucks at Arden and Howe on Thursday night, March 14th at 7PM to discuss the ins and outs of working in the booth. There's not a lot to it, so don't expect to be there for too long.

My wife will be doing her clinical rotation. If i can find a sitter for the baby I will be there. If not maybe someone can put me on speakerphone.