Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns LEOs (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Have you guys noticed so many "ghetto" people driving Crown Vics (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=642582)

eyeruh 11-10-2012 2:22 PM

Have you guys noticed so many "ghetto" people driving Crown Vics

Ever since the State Auctions a few years back. I have seen more and more "ghetto" looking people driving the ex-police cruisers.

No offense to "Moo" or anyone else who bought these cars because they are cheap, reliable and safe, but I keep seeing individuals that should be riding in the back of them driving them instead. :D

Bobby Ricigliano 11-10-2012 2:47 PM

Some of the hoopties I've rolled C3 in did not feel reliable or safe. The auction buyers can have 'em.

Tacit Blue 11-10-2012 4:03 PM

I saw a old police cruiser with 24" rims pained like a " life saver candy" in Oceanside lol.

yzErnie 11-10-2012 5:25 PM

Those cars can be had for cheap. Fairly reliable transportation without having to pay a fortune. Besides, oh nevermind!!

bill_k_lopez 11-10-2012 7:11 PM

I got mine from an auction in Maricopa County, AZ - a very nice dectives car with low mileage and CNG - so carpool solo with a police interceptor!!

infamous1979 11-10-2012 7:15 PM

Ghettos love these because they're sold cheap at auction and they're familiar with riding in them.....granted mostly in the backseat!

stilly 11-10-2012 7:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeruh (Post 9698000)
Ever since the State Auctions a few years back. I have seen more and more "ghetto" looking people driving the ex-police cruisers.

No offense to "Moo" or anyone else who bought these cars because they are cheap, reliable and safe, but I keep seeing individuals that should be riding in the back of them driving them instead. :D

LoL. I bought mine for 10k (low miles det. car WITH plush seats AND cruise control w/tinted windows in navy blue) from a dealer to use for weekend work or other work that a big white city truck would not do or that my blue 89 ford ranger would not look good for (Code Enforcement). Then I got laid off and I still have the cvpi. Hey it is a comfy car, you guys have it nice. :) I just hate how I have to keep it washed all the time and since the lay off I do not have a group of guys to wash it for me every othyer day now...

yzErnie 11-10-2012 8:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stilly (Post 9699652)
Hey it is a comfy car, you guys have it nice. :)

Add 30+ pounds of bulky gear around your waist and upper body and then sit in it. Your opinion will change!!

smokinskul 11-10-2012 8:32 PM

Maybe they were so used to riding in the back, they wanted to see what it was like to ride up front?

socal-shooter 11-10-2012 8:36 PM

Calguns code word

Ghetto = non white

odysseus 11-10-2012 8:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socal-shooter (Post 9700132)
Calguns code word

Ghetto = non white

No way on this thread 'cause I imagined right away some of the "ghetto" people I have seen running refurb crown vics and they have been white mostly always everytime.

bigdawg86 11-10-2012 8:41 PM

My wife drove a 96 Impala SS with racing stripes and loud *** flowmaster exhaust... She is non-ghetto

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tacit Blue 11-10-2012 9:00 PM

Notorious 11-11-2012 1:20 AM

Honestly, I think they are not bad looking cars and the fact that they are almost bulletproof and can run past 200k miles without much maintenance is a great selling factor for anyone in the market for cheap transportation.

Besides, the recognition factor in the car is a lot of fun when people move out of your way or scatter like roaches when you come around the corner. I had an older plain CVPI as my commuter because it was familiar and cheap and I don't care getting it all dinged up because it wasn't going to lower its value any. I lent it to my friend and he said it was the most fun he ever had cruising around doing nothing in particular but watching people's reactions.

You can easily get low to mid 20mpg in this big V8 car and the ride is plush so what else can you ask for?

eyeruh 11-11-2012 7:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socal-shooter (Post 9700132)
Calguns code word

Ghetto = non white

:confused:

I'm not white. :shrug: Does that mean I'm ghetto?

I always assumed ghetto was a culture of those in a certain socio-economic category regardless of race. You even have those in the suburbs trying to act ghetto, I guess they could be white or asian, but the suburbs I grew up in were Latino, white, asian, even some blacks. Go figure..

Ghetto was also first associated with white European Jews who lived in Venice outside of the city walls. They took care of their old, educated the young, fed their poor and sick. Maybe ghetto isn't such a bad word at all ;)

Just-in 11-11-2012 10:22 AM

I had a buddy buy one just cause it was big fast and cheap.

vintagearms 11-11-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzernie (Post 9700032)
Add 30+ pounds of bulky gear around your waist and upper body and then sit in it. Your opinion will change!!

So true!

LCU1670 11-11-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeruh (Post 9698000)

By me the Crown Vics are retired cops!:cool:

Hot Holster 11-11-2012 10:51 AM

Lot of them here in Florida too. Most of them white with dark tinted windows. Darn, i hate to slow down and find out it ain't the po-po. I think they should be made to strip the tint off the windows before driving the car.

eyeruh 11-11-2012 11:54 AM

How much code 3 equipment is actually removed when these cars are de-commissioned?

Spotlights (not really code 3) remain on a lot of these cars.

Notorious 11-11-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeruh (Post 9702916)
How much code 3 equipment is actually removed when these cars are de-commissioned?

Spotlights (not really code 3) remain on a lot of these cars.

Actual restricted emergency equipment such as police radios, overhead light bars with red/blue lights, emergency equipment control consoles, and wigwag/strobes are removed.

Non-restricted items such as cages, spotlights, shotgun racks, etc., can remain and sometimes do because it's not worth the time and money to salvage.

Atlantaboi2012 11-11-2012 1:13 PM

Ghetto Lookin?

[QUOTE=eyeruh;9698000]Ever since the State Auctions a few years back. I have seen more and more "ghetto" looking people driving the ex-police cruisers.

I was just reading an article last nite about terms racist folks use to underscore their bigotry by using the term 'ghetto' to describe certain minorities (Black and Latino specifically). I guess you would be one of them. Here is a GHETTo fact...Most of the people you see driving those cars are MILITARY. Most of those military folks are from the SOUTH;i.e Texas, GA, Alabama etc... AMERICAN made cars are popular among EVERYONE there of all ages, especially Fords and Chevys. Where are the comments about ridiculously lifted trucks with turbo chargers driven by "redneckish" lookin people? Are you assuming ALL these people are ghetto who drive these cars or did you ever think that many of these people like myself who own such cars could be successful people with better credit than the "non-ghetto" looking people? What is your definition of ghetto? Last time I checked it was a word to describe a Jewish borough during the Great Depression era in New York... Its stereotypes and attitudes such as these that cause the rest of the world to hate us. We must stop the "if its different, its wrong" thought processes.
:oji:

eyeruh 11-11-2012 4:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantaboi2012 (Post 9703266)

I was just reading an article last nite about terms racist folks use to underscore their bigotry by using the term 'ghetto' to describe certain minorities (Black and Latino specifically). I guess you would be one of them. Here is a GHETTo fact...Most of the people you see driving those cars are MILITARY. Most of those military folks are from the SOUTH;i.e Texas, GA, Alabama etc... AMERICAN made cars are popular among EVERYONE there of all ages, especially Fords and Chevys. Where are the comments about ridiculously lifted trucks with turbo chargers driven by "redneckish" lookin people? Are you assuming ALL these people are ghetto who drive these cars or did you ever think that many of these people like myself who own such cars could be successful people with better credit than the "non-ghetto" looking people? What is your definition of ghetto? Last time I checked it was a word to describe a Jewish borough during the Great Depression era in New York... Its stereotypes and attitudes such as these that cause the rest of the world to hate us. We must stop the "if its different, its wrong" thought processes.
:oji:

Come off it.

Please use paragraphs and read the other posts in this thread that specifically answers the questions you asked. I won't even get started with your grammar or spelling.

For everyone else get a thicker skin to if you think making an observation and sharing it in the LEO forum with those who patrol these neighborhoods aren't going to notice the same thing on their beats is something "racist."

We aren't in the South. LEOs don't drive lifted trucks while on patrol or a turbo rice rocket (let me guess that term may offend you too). They drive Crown Vics, so when you see a CV on the freeway or the street then you see this:
http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/dat.../ghettoVic.jpg
or this: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...4004_large.jpg
or this: http://www.tuningfever.fr/pics-med-1...toria-donk.jpg
found under the search term "ghetto crown victoria" you better label all of them bigots too.

NorCalXJ 11-11-2012 6:47 PM

I don't know if I want a crown vic after a cop having it. They torture those things to death lol

Falconis 11-11-2012 7:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalXJ (Post 9705098)
I don't know if I want a crown vic after a cop having it. They torture those things to death lol

winner!

Falconis 11-11-2012 7:12 PM

I would say everyone that came in here to troll, get off your high horse. Ghetto is used more as a term for people based on their behavior. Less and less is it being used to describe race or socio economic status. And the behavior is not the good kind.

To another poster's definition of ghetto and it's origin, yeah ashamed what the word has evolved to.

Packy14 11-11-2012 7:14 PM

haha for a speeder like me, those cars suck, because I see the headlights in my rearview and have to slow to figure out if its LEO or not; usually its not, occasionally its a low profile LEO without overheads.

Rider1k 11-11-2012 7:24 PM

Funny as I am not a LEO, I to notice the folks driving these. Just yesterday I was cruising down 101 and a Honda civic was coming up fast on my left. One of these CV's was right in front of me. I could tell it wasn't a service vehicle because it had two older Hispanic ladies driving it, it didn't have a separator, or barrels sticking up between the seats. It did have the spot lights still attached. The civic came up quite fast next to me and then caught eyes of the CV and hit the brakes LOL! Moved in behind me and promptly followed the prescribed speed limit! I like these vehicles being out there! Stops at least some of the jack wagons from driving stupid and endangering my life and others

tradecraft 11-11-2012 7:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantaboi2012 (Post 9703266)
Here is a GHETTo fact...Most of the people you see driving those cars are MILITARY. Most of those military folks are from the SOUTH;i.e Texas, GA, Alabama etc... AMERICAN made cars are popular among EVERYONE there of all ages, especially Fords and Chevys.

:rolleyes: Not sure about your area, but certainly not around here.

Notorious 11-11-2012 8:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalXJ (Post 9705098)

Patrol cars, yes.

Detective/Plain wrap duty cars, maybe.

Transport and admin cars, not so much.

moooooo 11-12-2012 11:47 AM

my favorite thing about driving my crown vic is everyone lets me go first at stop signs even when the other car clearly gets there first

POLICESTATE 11-12-2012 11:49 AM

Another nice car turned into a joke. Well at least they're going to be paying through the nose on gas :D

Notorious 11-12-2012 2:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moooooo (Post 9708995)
my favorite thing about driving my crown vic is everyone lets me go first at stop signs even when the other car clearly gets there first

I noticed that too, but then again, the uniform helps.:chris:

Quote:

Originally Posted by POLICESTATE (Post 9709006)
Another nice car turned into a joke. Well at least they're going to be paying through the nose on gas :D

The CVPI is not bad on gas at all, contrary to popular belief. I can get twenty's easy on highway cruising.

Sonic_mike 11-12-2012 2:59 PM

man this thread makes me want a mercury marauder
http://image.musclemustangfastfords....ront_angle.jpg

Barbarossa 11-12-2012 3:04 PM

It's because they can't afford Impalas and the Caprices have all dried up.

So many 9C1's were hacked into donk-mobiles, that they are using the P71's now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_mike (Post 9710098)

BOO!

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...nuary2IOTM.jpg

Notorious 11-12-2012 3:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_mike (Post 9710098)
http://image.musclemustangfastfords....ront_angle.jpg

I still rather have the Impala SS over the Marauder.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Impala_SS.jpg

eyeruh 11-13-2012 9:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper3142 (Post 9712686)
Yup.

Ghetto seems to be Calguns racial slang.

Since someone "looking ghetto" wouldn't usually mean their type of dress or economic level (neither of which can usually be determined by looking at someone.

PWT

"Their." Who does that pertain to? Why is there an "us" vs. "them" mentality here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notorious (Post 9712752)
Nice to see the self-appointed race pimps and race baiters coming out of the woodwork on the word, "ghetto".

Ghetto is a state of mind, as well as a state of being. You can behave ghetto no matter who you are and how you live and what background you come from. It's more akin to having no education and class, and that has nothing to do with race.

People who are the quickest to yell racism usually are the racists themselves because that is all they can see.

Bingo.

eyeruh 11-13-2012 9:32 AM

Oh and another thing, if it was just black guys driving these CVs or just white women driving CVs on 24s or just asian guys driving them then I'd say it.

I couldn't careless what color the person is driving. If they look ghetto, put 24s on their cars, or even refer to themselves as ghetto I'm going to call it as I see it.

Thicker skin.

SNCaliber 11-13-2012 9:57 AM

yup can be had at auctions for a few thousand bucks, v8 rwd and reliable, seen a lot of em lately

IlDuche 11-14-2012 1:34 PM

Where I work its all 90's Caprices and CVPI's being driven by hood folk. Welcome to the ghetto underbelly of the West Coast to those who take offense.