Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   General gun discussions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Public shooting areas near Yuba City? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=101729)

xbananax 05-18-2008 1:54 PM

Public shooting areas near Yuba City?

I'm trying to find a public shooting area in or near Yuba City so I can take my girl friends parents target shooting. Normally I go Colfax for my shooting needs but it's simply too far for her parents to commute to from Yuba.

I've done a few searches and they is apparently one in the area, but finding directions was rather difficult. I was hoping someone on here could direct in the right direction, thanks!

Blacktail 8541 05-18-2008 5:37 PM

Their is a free range outside Oroville off Larkin rd.

Spyder 05-18-2008 6:34 PM

Oroville or Spenceville.

Both have their pluses and minuses, though I've been tending towards Oroville the last six months or so. There's a convenience store about ten minutes away and there's a bathroom, which the wife likes.

Let me know when you're planning on going...maybe I can meet up with you. I'm in Yuba City and have Tuesdays/Wednesdays off.

Both ranges are public and free and both go to well over a hundred yards. Oroville, I believe, is at 425 yards and Spenceville, out behind the air force base, is a little shorter but uphill at anything past two hundred or so.

No rangemasters at either so you occasionally get idiots but the people at Oroville seem to police themselves a little better. Just watch out for the little asian lady that will come pick up your brass if you don't chase her off.

Both are super packed on the weekends but fairly empty early during weekdays.

esheato 05-18-2008 11:49 PM

Oroville is 550 yards to the last berm.

xbananax 05-19-2008 12:48 PM

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction guys, for both what would be the nearest cross streets? I can probably find it from there.

Thanks again for the help!

gotgunz 05-19-2008 9:35 PM

There are several places to shoot that are close by......

Aforementioned Oroville Range: From Yuba City take Hwy #99 to Hwy #162 and turn right (east), follow this to Larkin Rd. and turn right again; follow past the OHV area and make a left on Raib (sp) Rd. There are signs for the shooting range.

Spenceville: Been once and never again!

Lincoln Rifle club on Hwy #65 just east of the City of Lincoln. Nice facility, well kept and clean with rifle out to 200 yards. Very, very anal about everything. No "rapid fire", no holsters, no questionable targets, no personality.

Shooters Paradise: Hwy #20 in Yuba City:
Indoor range only, no rifles, very expensive and hard to get through the b.s.

Twin Cities Rod & Gun Club: 2nd street in Yuba City past the airport and animal control.

Pistols out to 25 yards, rifles out to 100 yards.