Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=289)
-   -   SAC C3 Chapter "Volunteers Needed" (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=642655)

pennys dad 11-10-2012 5:24 PM

SAC C3 Chapter "Volunteers Needed"

What is "CALGUNS Community Chapters (C3)"
SAC C3 Chapter "Volunteers Needed"
CALGUNS Community Chapters (C3/CGSSA) Forums are here ;-)

The CALGUNS Community Chapters (C3) is simply the physical extension of CALGUNS web site. We strive to bring the Calgunner out from behind the keyboard and out to the range. We want the individual shooter to feel empowered to say “No” when a bill or legislation of some sort seeks to ban or limit our freedoms. So we work to bring California shooters together with other shooters to help build the CALGUNS Community outside of the internet, hopefully making the person feel less like an individual and more like the member of an extended family. Our goal is to build the community and then empower the community through education, family fun outings and training.

To this end we seek out volunteers to build local teams, similar to club chapters. The skill set we seek is fairly broad, we need: Your energy and desire to start something, we seek Project Manager types and Web Developers, we need logistic coordinators and photographers, we hope for volunteers that want to be involved and just need to know which direction to move, we need carpenters and electricians and most of all we just need you.

What is the C3: A group of volunteers

What is our goal: To bring the Calgunner out from behind the keyboard and out to the range

What is our purpose: To build the community and then empower the community through education, family fun outings and training

What do we need: We need more volunteers

Send me a PM or email if you have questions: PM Lazyme or BonnieB or Pennys Dad or jacob.rascon@gmail.com

Lazyme 11-20-2012 3:37 PM

Come on everyone,
I see you all posting about wanting build parties and shooting events in other parts of Sacramento & Northern California. It doesn't take much, only what you want to give.

If you have any skills or ideas you can give us we need the help and input from everyone. This is our State and we all need to keep it that way, more people need to know about Calguns.net and the fight that is going on every day for our freedom.

Take some time during the holidays to think about what you can do to help out, post your ideas in the forums or PM us if you would like to help out at an event. There is lots of stuff going on we just need to find the time and people to get everything planned and off the ground.

We have a small group forming and I am hoping anyone who would like to put faces to screen names can find some time the week/weekend after thanksgiving to get together.

Thanks everyone!!

AyatollahGondola 03-02-2013 6:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazyme (Post 9760659)
Come on everyone,
I see you all posting about wanting build parties and shooting events in other parts of Sacramento & Northern California. It doesn't take much, only what you want to give.

If you have any skills or ideas you can give us we need the help and input from everyone. This is our State and we all need to keep it that way, more people need to know about Calguns.net and the fight that is going on every day for our freedom.

Take some time during the holidays to think about what you can do to help out, post your ideas in the forums or PM us if you would like to help out at an event. There is lots of stuff going on we just need to find the time and people to get everything planned and off the ground.

We have a small group forming and I am hoping anyone who would like to put faces to screen names can find some time the week/weekend after thanksgiving to get together.

Thanks everyone!!

Range fees and ammo costs have limited my range trips. I'm hoping for better times ahead, but in addition, I haven't really gotten much response from people when I have invited them. Let's face one thing; people are basically lazy, and while we might get them to make calls and write letters, the range trips require them to actually do something. I think it's a good strategy, but unless we do something else to get them there, we will be the main participants. Maybe a contest for the best grouping with kings tickets to the winner. I say that reluctantly, because I hate the kings.....ok, I hate basketball.....but we do need another schtick to herd people in on this one

BonnieB 03-08-2013 1:32 PM

We still need C3 volunteers or just occasional helpers.

We have an opportunity to do a Rifle Competition with ammo as prizes, and we can't do it for lack of help.

Please PM me if you can do even one morning a month.

Lazyme 03-26-2013 1:36 PM

If you build it they will come...WE NEED MORE BUILDERS!!

XVIga_Rob 03-26-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola (Post 10692091)
Range fees and ammo costs have limited my range trips. I'm hoping for better times ahead, but in addition, I haven't really gotten much response from people when I have invited them. Let's face one thing; people are basically lazy, and while we might get them to make calls and write letters, the range trips require them to actually do something.

Right there with ya brother!! Not to mention some may have odd or crazy work schedules, and family obligations.

Personally, I've found something that is working for me, and I've posted an open invite.

Lazyme 03-27-2013 6:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XVIga_Rob (Post 10926534)
Personally, I've found something that is working for me, and I've posted an open invite.

Will you be at the Trap Club on Thursday? I am working in the Bay Area that day but hopefully I can make it back with enough time to have some fun.

XVIga_Rob 03-31-2013 10:02 PM

How bout the 4th? Been out of town with the fam for a few days.

XVIga_Rob 04-05-2013 4:33 PM

Sorry Tim, missed you in Auburn. I finished up a little early with work and headed over. I shot 2 rounds and headed out at 5:30.

capcitycrawler 04-05-2013 6:51 PM

Im interested in helping where i can.

BonnieB 04-05-2013 7:47 PM

Thanks, you guys, it's terrific if you want to help. Lord knows we need it.

But if you don't PM me or Lazyme, we aren't going to know who's volunteering. So please let us know, because we don't read this thread every day.

XVIga_Rob 04-05-2013 9:35 PM

PM's sent (i.e. April Shoot).

Lazyme 04-07-2013 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XVIga_Rob (Post 11015667)
PM's sent (i.e. April Shoot).

Replied, thanks for the help!

:notworthy:

Time to put the long barrel on the Mossberg!!

NotEnufGarage 08-08-2013 3:12 PM

There must be some new members who would be interested in getting involved...

code_blue 08-08-2013 4:26 PM

Why not post a calendar? I'd gladly help, but my scheduling is tight enough as it is. If I have something to visually schedule in, it would help greatly.

I certainly hope that there isn't any prejudice towards a 28 year old professional Asian fellow upon physically meeting.

I know that most of my generation and beyond is stupid in the head and most likely have the entitled mentality, but there are several examples against this stigma/stereotype.

I can offer quite a bit if the doors are open. I specialize in federal government relations/contracts and train adults and kids in Hapkido and Taekwondo on a daily basis. I deal with multiple kinds of personalities and can apply my experiences/knowledge to whatever is in front of me.

Tell me what your issues are and I'll contact a few people.

NotEnufGarage 08-11-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi (Post 12020755)
Why not post a calendar? I'd gladly help, but my scheduling is tight enough as it is. If I have something to visually schedule in, it would help greatly.

I certainly hope that there isn't any prejudice towards a 28 year old professional Asian fellow upon physically meeting.

I know that most of my generation and beyond is stupid in the head and most likely have the entitled mentality, but there are several examples against this stigma/stereotype.

I can offer quite a bit if the doors are open. I specialize in federal government relations/contracts and train adults and kids in Hapkido and Taekwondo on a daily basis. I deal with multiple kinds of personalities and can apply my experiences/knowledge to whatever is in front of me.

Tell me what your issues are and I'll contact a few people.

We need people to step up so that we can schedule events. It takes 2 to 4people to run a shoot.

Race,color or creed make no difference but experience with firearms and people would be most helpful.

BonnieB 08-12-2013 11:48 AM

Actually, no personal qualifications really matter, except willingness to help and some people skills.

kzink 09-03-2013 8:11 PM

I would love to volunteer and get involved!

iSaveLives 09-24-2013 12:02 PM

Count me in as a volunteer just as long as there are no conflicts with my work schedule and family time, lol of course.

roushstage2 09-24-2013 5:51 PM

I've got Saturdays and Sundays off until ~ the end of December. I can help out once again on the weekends (at Sac Valley) with enough notice.

Tekkno 11-04-2013 4:27 PM

Interested.. How can I help!?