Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   FFL's Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   ~ Easy (but not for me) PPT question. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1011111)

Bushwack44 12-01-2014 7:22 PM

~ Easy (but not for me) PPT question.
 
Can I PPT two handguns within a 10 day period?

For example: If I ppt a handgun on Dec 1 (and out of DROS on Dec 10), can I start a ppt on another handgun between Dec 2 - 9?

Thank you.

claylakers 12-01-2014 7:36 PM

Yup, I have had a few such instances and there is no issue

Bushwack44 12-01-2014 8:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claylakers (Post 15363997)
Yup, I have had a few such instances and there is no issue

Thanks.

Quiet 12-01-2014 8:43 PM

PPT are exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait. [PC 27535(b)(8)]

So, you can legally PPT multiple handguns at the same time.



Penal Code 27535
(a) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following:
(8) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).

Penal Code 28050
(a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, in accordance with this chapter in order to comply with Section 27545.

Penal Code 27545
Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).

Bushwack44 12-01-2014 8:54 PM

Thanks. I'm curious...Will these provisions change (or any laws regarding ppt) starting Jan 1, 2015?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet (Post 15364516)
PPT are exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait. [PC 27535(b)(8)]

So, you can legally PPT multiple handguns at the same time.



Penal Code 27535
(a) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following:
(8) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).

Penal Code 28050
(a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, in accordance with this chapter in order to comply with Section 27545.

Penal Code 27545
Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).


Librarian 12-01-2014 9:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushwack44 (Post 15364595)
Thanks. I'm curious...Will these provisions change (or any laws regarding ppt) starting Jan 1, 2015?

No.

Garv 12-01-2014 11:04 PM

Can not do this in city of Los Angeles. They have a 1 in 30 rule for all gun transfers. I found out the hard way when Turners in Reseda would not process a PPT for me because I had one going already.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.